Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humanitas Tournament Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

oh, :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

The real answer is I never considered Boba for the tournament.

Think John Rambo is going to lose. I think he sort of wants to lay down and have it all be over:( while Punisher is driven by the tragedies of the past and doesn't have a "turn off" button

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Deki wrote: »
    Think John Rambo is going to lose. I think he sort of wants to lay down and have it all be over:( while Punisher is driven by the tragedies of the past and doesn't have a "turn off" button
    True, but Rambo is also the sort to fight when his back is to the wall.

true, but just that being tired of it all makes him a little soft in the middle I think, while Punisher remains almost maniacle in his desire for vengence

• Advertisement

true, but just that being tired of it all makes him a little soft in the middle I think, while Punisher remains almost maniacle in his desire for vengence
    Punisher killed his dog.

don't like killing of dogs.

No dogs were actually killed.

good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I thought Boba Fett was like the original source for the clones? Or... gosh I don't know.

Oh Rambo... you have to go and make this tough.

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I thought Boba Fett was like the original source for the clones? Or... gosh I don't know.

Boba is actually the clone son of Jango, the origin of the clones. yeah, Rambo gonna be some trouble eh.

Jango raised Boba as his son. Someone told me tonight that ALL the stormtroopers were also clones of Jango too is that true?

yeah i hate to vote against him but I can see him going down and can't picture Punisher being defeated:(

Jango raised Boba as his son. Someone told me tonight that ALL the stormtroopers were also clones of Jango too is that true?
    Yes, Boba was part of Jango's payoff for training the clones

koth wrote: »
    Alright, here's how I see it playing out.

Rambo starts to go into overkill with booby traps around the location. Once completed, he picks a good spot to wait should the attacker get past the traps.

Punisher, who has some intel on Rambo approaches under the cover of night. He checks the perimeter for traps and disposes of them. However, Rambo has set some of them as dummy traps with a secondary trap as the real threat.

Punisher manages to avoid the traps but does take some minor wounds. He eventually makes it to the interior. He slowly scans for the hidden Rambo. Rambo activates a remote detonation as a diversion and then opens fire on punisher.

Some of the shots connects and punisher does down. As rambo moves in for the killing shot. Punisher unleashes a flash grenade.
    In the confusion, punisher manages to get gun away from rambo.
    Both combatants draw knives and begin a long and gruelling knife fight. Both are trained well enough to avoid taking too much damgae.

At this point, the longer life of conflict that Punisher has gives him an advantage in endurance.

Punisher spots an opening given by a battle-tired Rambo, and fillets him like a fish.

TLDR??

guess you'll never know then :P:P
    Punisher

:D
    Awesome, simply awesome
    *Applause*

• Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Awesome, simply awesome
    *Applause*
    Thanks CW:D

Saw that match up and was truly inspired by it. And it just demanded that extra mile;)

If you can read this, you're too close!

Thanks CW:D

Saw that match up and was truly inspired by it. And it just demanded that extra mile;)
    The competitors or the location?

The competitors or the location?
    The whole scenario.

I could actually picture that happening in a movie, and then just tried to get it all in the post:D

The whole scenario.

I could actually picture that happening in a movie, and then just tried to get it all in the post:D
    That's kinda how I felt about the McClane-Deckard fight.

That's kinda how I felt about the McClane-Deckard fight.
    For that one, I could sorta see it. But it was mainly from a 'Die Hard in a zoo' point of view.

Very good job. Expected Rambo to lose, but now i see him pale and slashed, lying in an ever widening circle of his own blood. He dies alone in a lonely darkened building... :(

• Advertisement

Very good job. Expected Rambo to lose, but now i see him pale and slashed, lying in an ever widening circle of his own blood. He dies alone in a lonely darkened building... :(
    But thats the curse that Rambo has, he is pretty much destined to die bloodied and alone.

Well then get in there and argue for his victory

For that one, I could sorta see it. But it was mainly from a 'Die Hard in a zoo' point of view.
    Still, could be a good movie.

Well then get in there and argue for his victory
    how can i do that when i think he's going to die? i think he always wanted to go where they would just leave him alone.

Still, could be a good movie.
    Forwards link of battle thread to hollywood;):D

how can i do that when i think he's going to die? i think he always wanted to go where they would just leave him alone.
    he kills Punisher, fakes his death and finds somewhere quiet to be alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I really know too little about both of these combatants.

I have a general vibe of what Rambo is about, but it's been years since I saw the old movies and I haven't bothered with the new one.

The only Punisher comics I read had him as a bad ass vigilante on the streets... but he never came up against a decent opponent so I never got to see what he was made of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yeah I pussed out of giving a proper explanation, I found it impossible to make a call between those two. :pac:

Just re-read the rules. Wolf says reason, not a reasonable reason or a rational reason, or even a good reason. i may need to keep that in mind this time:p;)

• Advertisement

Yep, any reason at all really will do...
    Rorschach, cause I didn't know about him and now I wanna read the comics, I sorta fell in love ha.
    Bajingo wrote: »
    Marv smash! He would obliterate Zoro..Marv wins..
    Han Solo, cause he has THE HAWTNESS.
    (if u guys think it's not a valid reason...oh well...:()
    :D
    Snake Eyes because he's a ninja...

...with guns!
    Bourne armed with a towel can take down any man. Bourne for the 6th book of The Hitch Hikers Guide to The Galaxy. Bourne for captain of the South African Rugby team. Bourne to get a batarang in his face... soon... soon...

+1 Bournioooooo
    Green Arrow ... anyone that goes out in public dressed like that MUST be invincible!! :pac:
    Victor wrote: »
    Ripley with a flame thrower and Indy with a fire truck, after a fight lasting a full 7 minute scene, involving the breaking of more equipment than many small armies have, Ripley escapes when Indy mistakes Ripley briefly for Marion and has "a moment". Ripley takes off and nukes Indy from orbit. Indy just about survives the nuke from orbit.

Indy follows in the Millennium Falcon and boards Ripley's ship. Exiting, the Falcon, Indy is confronted by Annalee Call. In a confused moment, he renders her inoperable.

The fight continues with Ripley's exo-suit up against Indy with a blaster borrowed from the Falcon and his whip. He disables the exo-suit and vents her out of the air lock. Indy snuggles up to Melanie Griffiths.

Indy wins.

I thought that would have worked our differently.
    Indy.

1) Knowledge is power
    2) My fave black rabbit share his name.
    Lara Croft, coz all she has to do is give him the eye, and Bauer will unload his weapon.
    Do not undervalue the power of cuteness...the squirrels('girl) FTW.

(OMG omg omg...she is my fave super hero from now on! >_<''')
    Scusa Wolfie!
    Cyberwolf.

Squirrel girl has good press. Thats all.

She's never really defeated anyone, it was a doom bot, I was in a different country and someone else was in my armour and I was sick and distracted andyway.
    Jako8 wrote: »
    I'm giving it to Hans Solo.

I'm just really biased. :o
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Captain America to pummel Han solo to death with a multicoloured shield.

Advertisement