Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humanitas Tournament Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

yes that must have been tough- beaten by a then 14 year old squirrel girl...
    yeah and i forgot the jumping from tree to tree- can you do that Wolf?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Since we fighting in a castle that not really relevant. Although, I could

I would pay to see that Wolf...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I'm very limber when it comes to lumber.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Cyberwolf looks like the easy victor here, but looks are oft deceiving.
    Squirrel Girl has many powers, most importantly hazelnut flavoured lips. The lip flavouring has little bearing on this match, it's just very important.

Squirrel Girl can out maneuver (I hate spelling that word and I feel firefox dictionary has once again let me down) Cyberwolf using her jumping and other squirrel like abilities. She has enhanced strength and other attributes, but I reckon Cyber may have her in the strength department. His claws look more formidable than hers but she can still deliver a sting.

If she called upon the squirrels I think Cyberwolf would just eat them.

But Squirrel Girl wins. Why, when it seems all is stacked up against her? Well, tournie tricksters, let me tell you.

It is well known that a werewolf's strengths and skills are of a natural sort, which is why metals such as silver can prove so fatal to their general workings. By cybering himself up Cyberwolf may have increased certain skills and gained some amounts of armour, but he has ultimately interrupted the natural skills that make him a deadly predator. Think of Wolverine when he had the adamantium stripped from him... they discovered it was holding back his natural abilities for so long, and the effect would be even worse with a werewolf such as Cyberwolf. So I think in this regard we shouldn't heap too much praise on Cyber's skills. If it was animal on animal I'd have given squirrelzy less chance, but in his diminished capacity I think wolfie is but another Doom waiting to happen.

The second point not yet mentioned is the Lesser Spotted Greater Latverian Sabre Squirrel, a prehistoric ancestor of the modern squirrel, who often stands (on it's hind feet) up to 5foot tall. They're dark of colour with developed claws, large serrated teeth and a jaw strength that can crack skulls. While off-shoots became smaller and adapted to tree-living and nut munching in order to survive attacks from predators, the LSGLSS grew larger, stronger and faster and is now quite happy leaping from a log and taking out a lone wolf that has strayed away from the pack.
    Squirrel Girl will summon the LSGLSS to deal major damage to Cyberwolf while the more regular squirrels distract and confuse Wolfie. Squirrel girl will ultimately dash his brains out with her knuckle spikes and super squirrel strength.

If for some bizarre reason Cyberwolf survives.... Squirrel will just hide high, wait for him to change into a more human form and then give him the thrashing of his life.

+1 Squirrel Girl!
    Very well reasoned except for the outmaneuvering part as the battle takes place in the confines of a CASTLE!!!!

• Advertisement

does this make it a tie?

yes, it is now a tie.

well it's not over yet:)

No, it's not.
    *Revises LPA duty roster*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Very well reasoned except for the outmaneuvering part as the battle takes place in the confines of a CASTLE!!!!

How many castles have you been in that don't have at least one large hall with plenty of air space and climbable walls? Plus she can take the battle outside and you'll be left looking at her nimble skills as you stumble around the turrets wishing you hadn't lumbered yourself with all that metal.

• Advertisement

I have a cybernetic knee and shoulder. Also the subdermal plating over vital organs. Not that much at all.

Well Wolf isn't limited to his agility and strength alone, he does use weapons.

A dodgey knee eh? Squick whip to that with a squirrel tale and it's sqood night sqeet prince

Deki wrote: »
    Well Wolf isn't limited to his agility and strength alone, he does use weapons.

Squirrel has a squirrel mobile that can avoid even Doom's defenses! She can rain down the thunder while Cyberwolf tries his best to get his claws into his guns.

She would not be flying that inside the castle. I am a patient hunter.

How does she get it into castle?

All the great fighters (and let us not be mistaken, Squirrel Girl is one of the greats) know how to get their enemy right where they want them. I figure Squirrel girl will make her way into the castle, use her superior agility to lead Cyberwolf in a merry dance that will ultimately lead to the roof where she can bring on the squirrel thunder.

If it's kept indoors the squirrels will come and end it all. This is a bit like Spider-man vs Kraven... and we all know who generally triumphs, and Cyberwolf is no Kraven!

eh, the dragon would have eaten her before she ever got in the castle.

It's been proven that the LSGSS can take down a dragon when attacking in a pack. It's how the LSGSSs have survived for so long in such a habitat.

Besides... she's taken down DOOM and MADOK... I think she can handle a dragon.

not this dragon

• Advertisement

not this dragon

I was hoping that was a link. What dragon are we on about here?

a golden grand. Older than the earth capable of shape shifting, and the normal things

a golden grand. Older than the earth capable of shape shifting, and the normal things

Ah, the later models are bigger and more powerful.

no i have to telll you that in this instance that is actually not the case, this is very one of a kind dragon. Sort of does his own thing. But if you'd like to think he could be defeated by a bunch of over grown squirrels that's okay. Doesn't bother the dragon if people underestimate him.

Does the dragon hang with the castle or with Cyber?

And we're not talking about a few overgrown squirrels... we speak of an army of darkness!

Army of Darkness? I'm calling this guy in then,
    ash.jpg

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Does the dragon hang with the castle or with Cyber?

Dragon does whatever he wants to at the moment,
    but mainly he "hangs out " with me.:p

And we're not talking about a few overgrown squirrels... we speak of an army of darkness!

I'm not talking about a wimpy little dragon. Your squirrels bar-be-cue proof?:D

Is the second round going up tonight ?

Coming right up

• Advertisement

Do all the matches second round have a set location?

Advertisement