Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humanitas Tournament Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Each match will be dropped into a random location.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Deki wrote: »
    Although S-girl would attempt to call her little squirrely friends I'm sure Wolf has all entrances blocked with non-gnawable seals. This was one of Dooms problems in his defeat ("confound these wretched rodents!")
    Werewolves possess super human strength - can't imagine Squirrel girl would be stronger, even if she's a mutant. She has Teeth for chewing- Wolf has fangs for ripping. She has claws and those knuckle spikes, Wolf has some pretty good sized claws of his own, plus he's a cyber Wolf and has, in many places, an under-lining of metal for protection. He might get slashed a bit, but nothing vital pierced.
    Only sure way to bring a werewolf down is the silver bullet deal and Squirrel girl doesn't favor guns. So it sort of comes down to who is the most vicious. Yes I do believe he just waits for her to lite somewhere,and rips her smiling little head off. Wolf avenges Doom.
    :D:D
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Cyberwolf looks like the easy victor here, but looks are oft deceiving.
    Squirrel Girl has many powers, most importantly hazelnut flavoured lips. The lip flavouring has little bearing on this match, it's just very important.

Squirrel Girl can out maneuver (I hate spelling that word and I feel firefox dictionary has once again let me down) Cyberwolf using her jumping and other squirrel like abilities. She has enhanced strength and other attributes, but I reckon Cyber may have her in the strength department. His claws look more formidable than hers but she can still deliver a sting.

If she called upon the squirrels I think Cyberwolf would just eat them.

But Squirrel Girl wins. Why, when it seems all is stacked up against her? Well, tournie tricksters, let me tell you.

It is well known that a werewolf's strengths and skills are of a natural sort, which is why metals such as silver can prove so fatal to their general workings. By cybering himself up Cyberwolf may have increased certain skills and gained some amounts of armour, but he has ultimately interrupted the natural skills that make him a deadly predator. Think of Wolverine when he had the adamantium stripped from him... they discovered it was holding back his natural abilities for so long, and the effect would be even worse with a werewolf such as Cyberwolf. So I think in this regard we shouldn't heap too much praise on Cyber's skills. If it was animal on animal I'd have given squirrelzy less chance, but in his diminished capacity I think wolfie is but another Doom waiting to happen.

The second point not yet mentioned is the Lesser Spotted Greater Latverian Sabre Squirrel, a prehistoric ancestor of the modern squirrel, who often stands (on it's hind feet) up to 5foot tall. They're dark of colour with developed claws, large serrated teeth and a jaw strength that can crack skulls. While off-shoots became smaller and adapted to tree-living and nut munching in order to survive attacks from predators, the LSGLSS grew larger, stronger and faster and is now quite happy leaping from a log and taking out a lone wolf that has strayed away from the pack.
    Squirrel Girl will summon the LSGLSS to deal major damage to Cyberwolf while the more regular squirrels distract and confuse Wolfie. Squirrel girl will ultimately dash his brains out with her knuckle spikes and super squirrel strength.

If for some bizarre reason Cyberwolf survives.... Squirrel will just hide high, wait for him to change into a more human form and then give him the thrashing of his life.

+1 Squirrel Girl!
    Though I hated the actual vote the reasoning is outstanding
    Cyberwolf.

Squirrel girl has good press. Thats all.

She's never really defeated anyone, it was a doom bot, I was in a different country and someone else was in my armour and I was sick and distracted andyway.
    Your honor has been avenged.
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Damn, I'l love to say John but it seems that Rick has superior strength, agility and intelligence. He also doesn't have the key weakness of other replicants. This guy theoretically could do away with John before McClane even realised there was something wrong. So unfortunately, I give this to......wait a minute.....this is the human tournament, so I assume that we're ignoring Ridley Scott's multiple claims that Rick is a replicant? If so then Rick against John, human -v- human, John McClane wins. If he can take down groups of terrorists packing a lot of heat then he can take down Rick. John McClane FTW.
    Yeah, we going by the book where he is human
    koth wrote: »
    McClane highjacks one of the staff vehicles, releases a variety of large animals and the chases them into a stampede that crushes Deckard.

John McClane
    Nice use of the environment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I think I was 6 vote for McClane. Time for new one?

Goes to 7 for the win.

rats:(

• Advertisement

Do you have any idea how hard it is to warp space and time? That's not easy to do. The next one will be even more difficult for me to arrange.

:rolleyes:
    yes Wolf.

You try getting a
    Sith Lord
    to do you a favor.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

LZ wrote:
    Rick has superior strength, agility and intelligence. He also doesn't have the key weakness of other replicants

I need to look it up but I'm pretty sure the idea that Rick was a replicant has been debunked, no? I remember reading that references to the extra replicant were due to early drafts of the script, which contained more replicants tahn the released film, that were not picked up on and stamped out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I was reading the wiki page that Cyber posted, it said that initially Ford and Scott agreed that Rick wasn't a replicant, but in later interviews Scott claimed Rick was indeed a replicant.

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I was reading the wiki page that Cyber posted, it said that initially Ford and Scott agreed that Rick wasn't a replicant, but in later interviews Scott claimed Rick was indeed a replicant.
    Sorry, meant to clarify that we using the original book where Deckard is human

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

GAH! The Phantom is not immortal! He passes on the rings/mask etc to his heirs... hence making him seem immortal. It's a human vs human tourney. Does MoN's vote still stand? Poor Snake Eyes.

yes i that's what I thought.

GAH! The Phantom is not immortal! He passes on the rings/mask etc to his heirs... hence making him seem immortal. It's a human vs human tourney. Does MoN's vote still stand? Poor Snake Eyes.
    Now that he changed his mind, then yes it stands.

Re post 240: Say what?

Re post 240: Say what?
    Mantel caught my spelling error while I was correcting it

Mantel caught my spelling error while I was correcting it

I'm still painful confused :pac:

I think he was also talking about Internet Protocols(IP)

Marv is strong and tough, he'll go through hell just to kill the devil. He's a strong fighter and rarely loses a fight.

but...

... I'm Batman.

Batman in a strange city? He'll be clinging to the shadows and rooftops like a ghost. Sure he'll bust in on some low lifes for info, but he'll disappear back into the night. The dark knight. See what I did there. Yeah.

So when they eventually meet it'll be on Batman's terms. Why so? Well Marv isn't exactly subtle in his information gathering ways. Batman may not be at home in the city, but he's a smart operator and has been around long enough to know when someone's on his tracks.

So I reckon Batman will observe Marv from the shadows and take in his strengths and weaknesses. I think the biggest mistake on Batman's part would be to go into this underestimating Marv, but I reckon Bats has been about enough not to his homework and treat Marv with caution.

Batman has the combat skills to out fight Marv and is a pretty tough cookie himself, plus Batman has dealt with the likes of Bane and Killer Croc, hell he's even danced with Superman in certain publications. I say he could take Marv man on man, but bring in the gadgets and it's Marv immobilized.

Batman wins out, though not without a few bruises.
    Your reasoning is longer than my intro for the fight.:confused::D

Your reasoning is longer than my intro for the fight.:confused::D

Well I knew I had to give some decent reasoning, they're both formidable combatants. Plus I've Batman tipped to win this whole thing so I'm not going to do a half ass job of fighting his corner... that'd be a fanboi maneuver. Seriously, do the Americans spell "maneuver" differently to the Irish? Looks wrong.

• Advertisement

We spell a fair number of words differently.

We spell a fair number of words differently.

Yes, but is maneuver one of them? It must be! I'm truly going insane. I think it's time for me to change some settings. I wish I didn't have to bow down to English (UK) but English (Eire) is generally cack.

Bring me voters or the final battle is in the Sarlaac's stomach.

Bring me voters or the final battle is in the Sarlaac's stomach.

To be honest, that could be fairly cool.

Galvasean wrote: »
    To be honest, that could be fairly cool.
    Actually it could be awesome. Fight or die. Win, and you have a slim chance of escape.

Batman would find a way

Batman Boba Fett would find a way

:)

Why is Boba Fett not in this tournie?

Is Boba Fett all human?

• Advertisement

Why is Boba Fett not in this tournie?
    He's not human(he's a clone)

Advertisement