Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

If anybody is interested in buying it in a shop.
    I have attached a jpg of the box that the Nova-T came in.
    The model number on the bottom of the box reads
    WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick
    model 294
    SL-294-V2.5-UK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

hi roger

is this the one for defo as i have ordered it from amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hauppauge-WinTV-NOVA-T-USB-Stick-freeview/dp/B000F8RPQE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276012538&sr=1-2

i do not see the model number on it that you mention. or if its mpeg 4 capable?

have you tried pointing your ariel towards the galway area as its available on wideband and should be available from your area

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

Just placed my order today for the vu+duo.

I have been keeping an eye on this and other vu forums and i am very impressed now they have both USB Wireless and DTT working.

Just a couple of questions though,

Can i use a USB hub with this? e.g. USB Hard Drive,USB Tuner and USB Wireless there goes all three USB slots.

Also is there emu for the SKY White FTV Card?

Vinnie

For Sale:http://www.adverts.ie/234309/satellite/edison-argus-mini-2in-1-ip/

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

irishchris wrote: »
    hi roger

is this the one for defo as i have ordered it from amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hauppauge-WinTV-NOVA-T-USB-Stick-freeview/dp/B000F8RPQE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276012538&sr=1-2

i do not see the model number on it that you mention. or if its mpeg 4 capable?

have you tried pointing your ariel towards the galway area as its available on wideband and should be available from your area

Yeah,
    That's the one I ordered.
    Item Weight: 763 g
    Boxed-product Weight: 454 g
    Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
    Find out more about our Delivery Rates and Returns PolicyItem model number: 294
    ASIN: B000F8RPQE
    Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 29 Mar 2006

It says "model 294" on the bottom of the box, and it says 70019 beside the bar-code on the bottom of the stick.

I won't get a chance to change the aerial around until after the 16/6. Also I think Truskmore is a better option for me.

i have feeling that this is the wrong dtt tuner for ireland as rte is been broadcast in dtt mpeg4 and this is a mpeg2 tuner :eek::eek:

Device Type DVB-T receiver
    Enclosure Type External
    Interface Type Hi-Speed USB
    Video
    Type TV tuner
    Form Factor External
    Digital Video Format MPEG-2, DVB
    Features Time shift function

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭gan23

VINNIEB wrote: »
    Just placed my order today for the vu+duo.

I have been keeping an eye on this and other vu forums and i am very impressed now they have both USB Wireless and DTT working.

Just a couple of questions though,

Can i use a USB hub with this? e.g. USB Hard Drive,USB Tuner and USB Wireless there goes all three USB slots.

Also is there emu for the SKY White FTV Card?

Vinnie

For Sale:http://www.adverts.ie/234309/satellite/edison-argus-mini-2in-1-ip/

Hi vinnieb,
    I have a vuplus and am using cccam 2.1.4 emu (can i mention that? If not, please pm me and i will edit the post) which will read and update your white sky scard in the internal reader. also you can also use the second internal card reader to read almost any other card you want:)

I dont know the answer to your usb hub question but I know smargo readers can be used with a usb hub with this receiver so hope fully you could use your devices with a hub also. here is a good place to ask your question
    www.vuplus-support.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

Hi Gan:

Thanks for the reply, great about the cam and the usb hub.

This box is turning out to be an amazing piece of kit, all we need now is some sort of face plate to cover the front.:D

Vinnie

For Sale:http://www.adverts.ie/234309/satelli...mini-2in-1-ip/

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

Hi Gan,

which image are you using? I had huge problems getting the box to recognise my home network, and spent days trying to connect via ethernet with no success.
    As a last ditch I installed the latest VTI, and managed to connect with a wireless usb stick I had lying about.

I am using open pli image and am directly connected to my router via a cable. I had no problems connecting that way. I havent tried to connect using a wireless dongle so cant give any advice. lots of info available on the forum mentioned in my last post...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

i have feeling that this is the wrong dtt tuner for ireland as rte is been broadcast in dtt mpeg4 and this is a mpeg2 tuner :eek::eek:

Device Type DVB-T receiver
    Enclosure Type External
    Video
    Type TV tuner
    Form Factor External
    Digital Video Format MPEG-2, DVB
    Features Time shift function
    I'm pretty sure they don't do any video decoding, leaving it to the hardware it's plugged into to decode the MPEG4 video.

And, of course, the Vu has MPEG4 hardware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

Got Happauge dvbt stick this morning, enabled drivers in VUDUO and identified in tuner configuration as Tuner C, have done full scan but at 100% no services found, will have another try later. Aerial is in attic and working on Humax trial box pulling in all test channels including HD.

New drivers released today

"N20100611
    - Adjust remote control response time a bit more
    - Fix virtual tuner problem. ew Drivers released today "

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?911-New-drivers-11-06-2010-please-test-and-post-feedback&p=4824#post4824

Worth a try

ok, I have replaced drivers and done a complete scan, still no services showing.

Is there anything you need to do to configure the tuner before it will work, i.e. plug it into your laptop and change settings etc.? Im just guessing here....
    If it does only work for mpeg2 you should still be able to scan for the channels and pick them up (with no picture) as stated in a previous post. When its in the vuplus can you see anything to indicate signal strenght etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Apogee

Are you using automatic settings when doing the scan, or entering all the parameters manually? I have found that Linux based receivers often require you to specify all parameters.

Bandwidth 8MHz
    Modulation 64QAM
    Guard Internal 1/32
    Code rate 2/3
    Transmission mode 8k

gan23 wrote: »
    Is there anything you need to do to configure the tuner before it will work, i.e. plug it into your laptop and change settings etc.? Im just guessing here....
    If it does only work for mpeg2 you should still be able to scan for the channels and pick them up (with no picture) as stated in a previous post. When its in the vuplus can you see anything to indicate signal strenght etc??

There's no such thing as an mpeg2 tuner and it cannot be preconfigured in a laptop.

I have put it on laptop and like you say it's sound only, i just had a look in VU tuner configuration and even with the stick plugged out it still does a complete scan. I think maybe Dream Elite drivers are not picking up Hauppauge dvbt stick.

ok Apogee, many thanks, used your settings and just changed frequency to 738000 (3 rock) all stations coming in including test HD.

Regards

i installed the hauppage dtt nova stick in the vu+ but find it jittery on channels. dont know why as seems perfect on laptop. i must have a proper look tomorrow at it and maybe try improving signal. am hoping its a signal prob and not a vu+ prob!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Great to see some of ye got the DVBT stick working. Fair play.

I must invest over the coming weeks when I've a few shillings together!

i installed the hauppage dtt nova stick in the vu+ but find it jittery on channels. dont know why as seems perfect on laptop. i must have a proper look tomorrow at it and maybe try improving signal. am hoping its a signal prob and not a vu+ prob!

Been rock steady so far but lipsync is way out.

• Advertisement

yes mine is working ok now but earlier when i was recording two shows with both sat tuners and when i went to watch the froggies playing on rte 2 dtt it froze really bad. all is ok now but really bad lip sync! would this be vu problem or is it a prob with the dtt transmission??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

chris try the dvb-t stick on your laptop,then you will know for sure if its the transmitter or the vu+

yes mine is working ok now but earlier when i was recording two shows with both sat tuners and when i went to watch the froggies playing on rte 2 dtt it froze really bad. all is ok now but really bad lip sync! would this be vu problem or is it a prob with the dtt transmission??

yes i tried on my win 7 laptop using win media centre and is flawless. perfect picture and perfect synched sound. retried in vu and picture is perfect but audio on all dtt channels is out of synch! bummer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

go over to that forum link posted above and theres a thread on it about dtt using dvb-t usb stick,and tell them whats happening.hopefully the will correct this with a newer version of software for the vu+duo to work ok with the irish dtt channels.

yes i tried on my win 7 laptop using win media centre and is flawless. perfect picture and perfect synched sound. retried in vu and picture is perfect but audio on all dtt channels is out of synch! bummer!!

stanley1 wrote: »
    Been rock steady so far but lipsync is way out.

Lipsync problems are probably a result of driver issues, although there could be other reasons. You can play around with the delay in video/audio using a channel editor like Dreamboxedit, assuming the delay is a fixed time interval and isn't drifting or fluctuating. Delay values in bottom, right-hand corner:

3641152408_ed6dffb246_o.jpg

If you record a DTT channel, and play it back, do you still have a lip sync problem? Similarly, if you record a DTT channel, and then ftp the file to a PC and play it back, are there lip sync issues?

spoke too soon, stick went faulty on me, made arrangements with amazon for replacement.

Apogee wrote: »
    Lipsync problems are probably a result of driver issues, although there could be other reasons. You can play around with the delay in video/audio using a channel editor like Dreamboxedit, assuming the delay is a fixed time interval and isn't drifting or fluctuating. Delay values in bottom, right-hand corner:

3641152408_ed6dffb246_o.jpg

If you record a DTT channel, and play it back, do you still have a lip sync problem? Similarly, if you record a DTT channel, and then ftp the file to a PC and play it back, are there lip sync issues?

hi mate. yes i checked by recording or streaming it through laptop from vu+ and audio problems are gone - no sync probs but watching it direct on vu+ and there is a 1-2 second delay on audio!! very frustrating!!

hi mate. yes i checked by recording or streaming it through laptop from vu+ and audio problems are gone - no sync probs but watching it direct on vu+ and there is a 1-2 second delay on audio!! very frustrating!!

You can still try the channel editor as a temporary fix, but you should report back your findings above to the Vu+ Support people, as it may allow them to isolate the problem more quickly.

Apogee wrote: »
    You can still try the channel editor as a temporary fix, but you should report back your findings above to the Vu+ Support people, as it may allow them to isolate the problem more quickly.

hi mate is it the bitstream or pcm that i change delay for?? - bout 100 ms should be enough??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

hi mate is it the bitstream or pcm that i change delay for?? - bout 100 ms should be enough??

A 1 to 2 second delay would be 1000 to 2000 ms.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement