Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

carbsy wrote: »
    A 1 to 2 second delay would be 1000 to 2000 ms.

yes i understand that. but........ is it the pcm or bitrate which i change????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Apogee

Bitstream is probably video, and PCM refers to audio. Try both and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭gan23

well IrishChris,
    Did you manage to get it working ok yet?

nope it is working brill but still has audio delay but quick fix till dream elite update their image is pause for 3 secs and it rectifies itself

Could you post a photo or a screengrab of the tuner search menu page?

• Advertisement

sorry mate not sure which page you are looking for. where the manual auto tune is/ the channel selection for rte dtt/the tuner config where you pick which tuner a-b-c??

The page where you do the frequency scan for 3Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

Hi,

I received the VU+ yesterday, bloody good receiver.

I installed DE BH latest image, however i cant seem to sort oout the wlan, it is not showing up in the network setup. The adapter is listed as compatible and works on the PC.

Any Ideas?

Vinnie

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

I had lots of network problems too at first, and installed VTI cos I read it was more stable with WLAN - working well now

Apogee wrote: »
    Could you post a photo or a screengrab of the tuner search menu page?

hi mate

hope these are of some use. if you need more let me know

• Advertisement

I noticed the post by the Italian guy on DE forum where he claimed that he eliminated all audio lag simply by using an updated terrestrial.xml file. I can only rationalise this if 1) the new file specified all parameters exactly (no auto) or 2) the new file specified a slightly different mux frequency.

1) The full set of parameters are:
    bandwidth: 0 = 8 MHz, 1 = 7 MHz, 2 = 6 MHz, 3 = Auto (unsupported, default)
    constellation: 0 = QPSK, 1 = 16-QAM (default), 2 = 64-QAM, 3 = Auto
    code_rate_{lp,hp}: 0 = 1/2, 1 = 2/3, 2 = 3/4, 3 = 5/6, 4 = 7/8, 5 = Auto (default), 6 = None
    guard_interval: 0 = 1/32, 1 = 1/16, 2 = 1/8, 3 = 1/4, 4 = Auto (default)
    transmission_mode: 0 = 2K, 1 = 8K, 2 = Auto (default)
    hierarchy_information: 0 = None, 1 = 1, 2 = 2, 3 = 4, 4 = Auto (default)
    inversion: 0 = Off, 1 = On, 2 = Auto (default)

They correspond to bandwidth, modulation, code rate high, code rate low, guard interval mode, transmission mode, hierarchy mode, and inversion in your screenshot.

We know the following for sure:
    4712844900_42babcc406.jpg

Bandwith = 8 MHz
    Modulation = 64QAM
    Code rate high = 2/3
    Code rate low = 2/3
    Guard Interval mode = 1/32
    Transmission mode = 8k

The two I'm unsure about are:
    Hierarchy mode = I think 'non-hierarchical' is equivalent to 'none'
    Inversion mode = unknown.

What I suggest is that you do a number of scans, keeping the first 6 known parameters fixed, and then changing the hierarchy and inversion modes each scan to see if it makes any difference to the audio lag. You would need to delete the existing channels before a new scan each time.

If that doesn't have any effect, then it points to 2) above and signal strength/quality - what sort of aerial are you using and how good is the analogue reception?

signal is brilliant on digital. tested using hauppage program and is 100%. changed settings and still habe audio lag. but from de board several people from several euro countries are experiencing this so im sure its just de need to update software - im hoping! if its left for bout 5 mins on a channel audio rectifies itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Irishchris, i've started a new thread on the dream-elite forum
    http://www.dream-elite.net/forum/showthread.php?5353-Audio-Lip-Sync-Problem-with-DVB-T&p=24816
    Your original thread has left the first page and had the wrong title. Hopefully the dream elite admins will reply to this new one.
    BTW: I still haven't moved my aerial so I'm not getting any signal. If the admins ask to test something, would you be able to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

Just wondering why it defaults to Austrailia DVB-T frequencies, see screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

Hi Again,

Sorted out the wlan problem, all is great now, hd installed, rytec epg installed.

I have downloaded cccam to use on my white ftv card, can anyone help me to configure it?

Vinnie

stanley1 wrote: »
    Just wondering why it defaults to Austrailia DVB-T frequencies, see screenshot.

Australia is the first in the list in the terrestrial.xml file.

RogerThis wrote: »
    Irishchris, i've started a new thread on the dream-elite forum
    BTW: I still haven't moved my aerial so I'm not getting any signal. If the admins ask to test something, would you be able to do it?

sure mate no probs

hi i updted to this and dtt no longer worked. they issued an update at 5.30 to this and dtt channels came back but unfortunately the auido delay is still there

problem seems to be only on mpeg4

• Advertisement

typical ireland had to go with mpeg4 standard so :D
    note on de forum though guy has just reported probs with bbc2 etc in england which is mpeg 2

they have issued a fix, but lots of reports of same problems on VU DUO stb, not working for me after applying fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Question on VU+ and reception.

I have VU+ (amazing kit) and notice one issue.

I have it connected to a quad lnb on a fixed dish with a sky+.

I notice that some channels have snr below 60% even down to 45% and the picture pixelates from a liitle to a lot based on the SNR.

Thing is on the sky + these channels are all fine even the 45% ones.

I swapped the cables and no difference.

Im in the west with 80cm solid dish with short cable run.

Has anyone else noticed weak signals with the VU compared to Sky or other box.

BBC1 NI is 85%
    BBC HD is 78%
    ITV HD is 86%
    UTV is 74%
    Five is 84%
    True Movies is 60% (pixelates)
    Movies4men2 +1 is 49% (pixelates)
    Movies24 is 37% (pixelates)

D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Is there any need for this USB DVBT working if you have an LCD with built in MPEG4 DVBT tuner? I'm buying an VU+ Duo and TV next week so just wanted to make sure!

cheers.

Its just that it's a challenge to get it to work, new drivers should sort it out, built in mpeg4 tuner on tv is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

stanley1 wrote: »
    Its just that it's a challenge to get it to work, new drivers should sort it out, built in mpeg4 tuner on tv is fine.

Thanks stanley1, just making sure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Offer_asking

i have been monitoring this box for a while, thanks to Irish chris. can some one attach your bouquet. i am getting one this week, don't want scan all sat is time consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭gan23

The best bouquet for your use depends on the setup you have, i.e. is it a fixed dish or a motorised dish etc. loads of up to date stuff at this link

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?21-Enigma-2-Settings

There is also a thread there about how to use dreambox edit to send/save your boquets and a link to download it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Offer_asking

tuner one motorised dish, tuner 2 on Astra 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement