Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've went ahead and ordered one from Lee (he was quick to respond to emails, good comms).

No doubt I'll be tearing my hair out trying to get this thing working, once I get it!

Expect to see plenty of "help me" posts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

byte wrote: »
    I've went ahead and ordered one from Lee (he was quick to respond to emails, good comms).

No doubt I'll be tearing my hair out trying to get this thing working, once I get it!

newbie to linux myself, flashing with usb stick is a doddle, can recommend openpli or dream-elite image.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

hey byte what was the total including delivery m8 ?.

byte

bassy wrote: »
    hey byte what was the total including delivery m8 ?.
    £399 plus £19 for delivery. Dunno how much that worked out in Euro yet. Already enroute \o/ (just a pity it's UPS for delivery).

can you tell me how you paid and what are payment options apart from credit card?.

let me know how you get on with it byte,as i,m getting one also.but i have to wait as i was with ice bb and there gone bust.so theres talks of ripcom covering my area.so fingers crossed the start the service asap.

£399 plus £19 for delivery. Dunno how much that worked out in Euro yet. Already enroute \o/ (just a pity it's UPS for delivery).

• Advertisement
    byte

Best thing to do is try order one and see the options. Also accepted are the maestro/delta as well as Paypal.

cheers byte (let me know how it goes m8).
    Best thing to do is try order one and see the options. Also accepted are the maestro/delta as well as Paypal.

byte

What's the best image available for this STB nowadays? There seems to be a few to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

What's the best image available for this STB nowadays? There seems to be a few to choose from.

I am using OpenPLI and it seems very stable.
    Have receiver 2 days and all fine.
    Mounted NAS harddrive and can play avi files no problem

• Advertisement

+1 for openpli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

With OpenPLi (or any other) can these play mkv files over the network, and specifically ones with DTS audio?

JHMEG wrote: »
    With OpenPLi (or any other) can these play mkv files over the network, and specifically ones with DTS audio?

Yes was playing a Blueray rip last night no problem over the network with DTS audio

Are you sure it was DTS? Would you double check with this:
    http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

JHMEG wrote: »
    Are you sure it was DTS? Would you double check with this:
    http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

When i pressed the audio button it showed up a DTS

Are you playing that through an optical out to an amp?

Is it able to play DTS through the TV?

Other forums are saying it can't handle DTS.

I will have a look later to make sure

Hang Ten:)

byte

Got my Vu+ today. All I can say is WOW! There's configs for every option nearly imaginable! I'm struggling to get my head around all the options/plugins/extensions available.

There is quite a bit I think I need to learn, regarding what I need to install, or what I don't. I guess trial and error is the way forward.

For the record, I've Usals motor on Input 1 and Astra2 fixed on Input 2. I scanned only Astra 1 and Astra 2 at present. I'll look for a premade installation to hopefully install, instead of me scanning every bird receivable...

BTW, "picons" are a nice touch :) I'm easily pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

I've ordered one from satellitetv.ie I can't wait, Should be with me on Tuesday.
    I got it at a super price of €399 from satellitetv.ie + €10 delivery.
    At least €50 cheaper than any other place and from Ireland too. I have ordered from Steve before, and found him very helpful with support.

Roll on the new world of Enigma2:D

byte

That's a great price for one!

I'm not having a lot of fun with mine atm, as it point blank refuses to find any channels at 16E atm, apart from RTK1. So I can't find out if it'll work with my Supersport card.

It does accept my Cyfra+ SECA card alright though on 13E.

• Advertisement
    byte

I'm after donwloading a Catseye E2 settings file, but what the heck do I do with it?

It has lots of .tv and .tv_org files, as well as a satellites.xml file and various other shenanigans.

I'm giving up on 16E, as it refuses to search the one transponder I want.

byte

As it stands atm, I now have the Supersport tp tuned in, albeit at unwatchable 39%.

If I go into Menu>Setup>Service Searching>Positioner Setup, there is an option in there to nudge dish either west or east. When I do so, I get the tp up to 66%. However, I then go down to Positioner storage, press Green to store, but when I go back out to Supersport, the dish drifts off again immediately... I'm surely missing something blatently obvious?

EDIT: I actually think the above is specifically for DiSEqC 1.2, not USALS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

yes it is only for diseq not usals. also the catseyes settings are to be uploaded using dreamboxedit whic is free to download. just google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

399 euro's is a very good price its dearer everywhere else more like 399 sterling in any of the sites that i have seen

byte

irishchris wrote: »
    yes it is only for diseq not usals. also the catseyes settings are to be uploaded using dreamboxedit whic is free to download. just google it.
    Yeah, I've improved things abit by messing with my Longitude settings. Picking up Supersport now, so the card slot is happy with Conax cards also.

Found a HD skin too, which is handy for giving much more information on banner.

As an aside, DCC E2 is a fine program for communicating with the Vu. Just need to figure out getting web tv to work.

RogerThis wrote: »
    I've ordered one from satellitetv.ie I can't wait, Should be with me on Tuesday.
    I got it at a super price of €399 from satellitetv.ie + €10 delivery.
    At least €50 cheaper than any other place and from Ireland too. I have ordered from Steve before, and found him very helpful with support.

Roll on the new world of Enigma2:D

seems the price has now increased to €429

byte

glic83 wrote: »
    seems the price has now increased to €429
    Even at 429eur, it's not bad, and still better than some UK e-tailers, considering it's only 10eur to ship and the weaker euro versus sterling atm.

no thats true still better value than buying from the uk just 399euro was a great price was just letting people know that the price had gone up is all

• Advertisement

latest firmware seems to support usb/dvbt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement