Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

If anyone wants to be smart you can order these at €290 each but the min order is 12 from Belgium (defisat). 4 boxes of 3.

Postage on Top. Trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

STB wrote: »
    If anyone wants to be smart you can order these at €290 each but the min order is 12 from Belgium (defisat). 4 boxes of 3.

Postage on Top. Trade.

that is for the duo m8?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

STB wrote: »

Postage on Top. Trade.

Cannot find on site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

They specifically say they will not deal with end users. Its business to business only. This means that you take the hassle with support etc (there is enough support here and on the uk website anyhow). So dont contact them to buy 1!

Min order is 12. So it would be ideal for someone who wants to bring in 12 and sell em or organise 12 people to chip in and share the costs. Many fora do it.......just an idea.

They deal through alibaba
    http://defisat.trustpass.alibaba.com/product/109257080-100599422/VU_DUO.html?tracelog=ggsotherproduct4

or contact them direct thorugh their website in Belgium (there is an email address there)
    http://www.defisat.be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Lads how noisy is your vu duo? What I mean is how noisy is the fan? I'm finding mine a bit annoying. I turn the tv up a bit but you can still hear it when the tv goes quiet. I know it's basically a linux pc but it seems very noisy. I dunno was it this noisy when I got it first and I didn't notice it then.
    Edit: from reading around different forums, disabling the fan seems to be the answer. What do ye think lads?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I never hear much noticeable noise from mine.

I would doubt disabling the fan could be good for the box longterm? Otherwise, why bother with the fan at all?

byte wrote: »
    I never hear much noticeable noise from mine.

I would doubt disabling the fan could be good for the box longterm? Otherwise, why bother with the fan at all?

Ya I know, it's there for a reason. It's just I can hear it now all the time. I'm just putting it out there for peoples advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

hi mate
    sounds like your fan may have come loose from casing or you may have dirt encased in it. try open case and take a look. mine is not noticeable in terms of noise. there is a fan option in vix images in setup menu to control the fan to your preference, but i personally would keep mine there as cpu does get a work out and needs to be kept cool for longevity.

irishchris wrote: »
    hi mate
    sounds like your fan may have come loose from casing or you may have dirt encased in it. try open case and take a look. mine is not noticeable in terms of noise. there is a fan option in vix images in setup menu to control the fan to your preference, but i personally would keep mine there as cpu does get a work out and needs to be kept cool for longevity.

Working this weekend, I'll have a look inside during the week. Thanks byte and irishchris.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

Hey irishchris,

what should the fan control setting be on? By default with Vix it's off. I don't have a HDD in it yet so I left it that way - when I set it to on will it be constantly on or is it controlled by a thermostat?

I notice the Fan timer aswell - whats this? the on / off settings aren't obvious :confused:

• Advertisement

hi guys
    new vix 1.3 is ready to go and download :D description and link below
    it really is an excellent image and is without question the best image i have had the pleasure of using on my vu+ for both reliability and features {especially the speed and ease of the new crossepg}. enjoy!

"Sorry for all delays with this image, just wanted to ensure all working fine Hopefully we've removed most problems

Also, due to the image differences in original 5.3 and 5.4, an online update to VIX 1.3 will not be possible. A full flash will be required. Sorry guys...

Team VIX Enhancements

All the same Enhancements as the previous image, along with some extra enhancements, as listed below...

New Enhancements in v1.3
    VIX Duo 1.3 Bootlogos, Radio Logos and Shutdown Logos.
    New VIX Spinner icon.
    Softcam slightly rewritten - This was to remove the bug of CCcam crashing when using the Autostart feature. This was due to the way the check to ensure CCcam was running was working.
    Major rewritten core code to help with stability and memory issues that were in previous v1.1 build.
    Movie list has been re-written to allow threading - This is only used if you use more than one storage device/partition. Previously, if moving a file from one drive to another, the box would be frozen whilst the movie was moved. Now, the move happens in the background allowing you to carry on using your box. NB, only one move/delete will be allowed to happen at any one time. the button labels will go blank whilst the file action is in progress, moving through the movie list checks the progress, so you can then move another recording.
    VIX Cron Manager Added - There is now a front-end in the VIX Menu to allow you to add cronjobs. This is only a basic add which will run a certain command at a certain time everyday. If you want a more advanced cronjob added, you will need to manually edit the root file in /etc/cron/crontabs
    VIX-EPG - This is a simpler, faster version of CoolTVGuide, modified for the image. In our tests, this is faster than CoolTVGuide. If you still wish to use CoolTVGuide, you can install it from our feeds and you will need to edit the setting in the VIX Menu.
    VIX QuickEPG - This is VIXs' version of QuickZap. You can see the full epg data for the channel, not just now and next. Picons work within QuickEPG. You can change channels using the left/right keys or by keying the channel number, zap to a channel using OK, use up/down to scroll through the epg list an event at a time, or use channel +/- to scroll 2 at a time. By default, QuickEPG is entered by left/right. This can be changed in the VIX Menu Settings.
    NFS Server added to image and set to run automatically - To edit the folders you wish to share, you will need to edit file /etc/exports.
    OpenVPN added to image - This will need to be configured to your need first then use the manager to setup to autostart. The team have never used this, so it still needs testing, if you find any bugs supply a config file that we can use to test it with.
    Autosleep function added to VIX Menu - This allows you to automatically put the box to sleep at your chosen time. If for any reason you are still watching tv when box tries to go to sleep (e.g. you decided to stay up late to watch a film or something ), you can choose to cancel the sleep, and it will retry sleep at intervals set by you.
    VIX Network Manager added to VIX Menu - This allows you to stop and start certain network features. The features you can stop/start are: FTP, NFS, VPN, Samba and Telnet.
    Subserivice Option - This option allows you to assign the Subservice shortcut to a long green press. To change this option, go to VIX Menu -> VIX Setup.
    Softcam Manager added to extensions menu (short blue).
    VIX Menu added to extensions menu (short blue).
    Crossepg updated to latest version (svn 152) - This version allows download of rytec sources, as well as XEPGDB (hosted by krkaddoni) sources. XEPGDB is a new epg format, and seems much faster in testing See bug list below
    CCcam 2.2.0 & 2.2.1 added to feeds - This will allow the ECM times to work correctly in the image

Bug Fixes in v1.3
    Softcam manager crashed while checking to ensure CCcam was running - An interim fix for this was to ensure a swap file was running. This is not now required due to modifications of Softcam Manager.
    IMDB Plugin not working correctly - Plugin has been updated in new versions of enigma
    ECM Timings in CCcam - This is only fixed if you are using CCcam 2.2.0. If you are using this version of CCcam, then the ECM timings will be shown. If you are using an earlier version of CCcam, then you will not get anything showing in regards to ECM times. See screenshots below of second infobar as to where it will be shown."

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?4340-VIX-Team-Vu-Duo-Image-v1.3-05-12-2010&p=32644#post32644

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Irishchris, what's the DTT like on the new image?

excellent mate. you can download the driver from the plugins menu and it sets itself up. then download my control centre from plugins and you can set it up to dvb-t as it autostarts the first time as dvb-c.
    it autoupdates with a 7 day epg when you change to one of the dtt channels. you can record all dtt channels at once no problems. i tested with 6 channels aat once and wa no problem and i then recorded a channel on tuner a and b at same time and all recorded fine :D
    see epg screenshot attached

byte

Installed 1.3 a while ago.

I had a greenscreen reboot loop due to NetworkBrowser having a hissy because a network drive wasn't live.

Luckily, I got the network drive going again long enough to delete the drive in the Menu.

Now busy reconfiguring bits. Looking good so far...

whats the best bouquets for 28.2 e that include the Irish variations?

Silverfoxes bouquets from the plugins feed on vix 1.3

i was just after up dating the brothers duo to vix 1.2 and looks like im going to have to do a full install again lol,cheers irishchris

glic83 wrote: »
    i was just after up dating the brothers duo to vix 1.2 and looks like im going to have to do a full install again lol,cheers irishchris

lol no probs mate. will be worth it though is good image. best feature for me in new image is the quickzap - same as sky hd box { you can browse through the epg of each channel in infobar without changing channel} :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

chris, is quickzap included in image or is it a download from vix feeds.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

stanley1 wrote: »
    chris, is quickzap included in image or is it a download from vix feeds.

TIA

Its built into the image..

• Advertisement

Quickepg/quickzap built into image. Just push right/left arrow and then up or down for browsing through

ok, thanks, have it now.

just to be sure, is this the usb sundtek dtt stick that works in vix 1.3.

http://sundtek.com/shop/Digital-TV-Sticks-oxid/Sundtek-MediaTV-Pro-DVB-CT-Radio-AnalogTV.html

Yep mate that's the one. Its excellent piece of kit :)

byte

Ouch, dearer than I had expected it to be!

My thought of around €50 was perhaps optomistic :D

Lol yep 85 but considering it is a dtt pvr with 7 day guide I have found it worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

dec2000 wrote: »
    Hey irishchris,

what should the fan control setting be on? By default with Vix it's off. I don't have a HDD in it yet so I left it that way - when I set it to on will it be constantly on or is it controlled by a thermostat?

I notice the Fan timer aswell - whats this? the on / off settings aren't obvious :confused:

Upgraded to Vix 1.3, great image but i notice the defaul for fan control is still Off...whats the recommended setting? should it be always on? and the Fan Timer is still no clearer in 1.3 :D

off on standby, otherwise it should be on.

christmas came early for me as i just heard i hae a vu+ solo on way as a present :D hope it lives up to the duo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Hi,

I have a problem with my Vuo. I updated to Vix 1.3 image last week. Now i can't see my Vuo Duo Drive on my network when using my computer. I can connect ok using Web control and Dreambox edit but i'm stuck as to how i can transfer movies to the Vu hard-drive as was previously just a simple drag and drop.

Any help appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement