Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bipolar Disorder ask a question/discussion thread

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The fever has passed, I'm wrecked after it but I'm feeling much better mood wise today. Hopefully the episode is ending.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@Nesf Glad to hear the physical illness is mending, it's not easy to bear when one's head feels such a mess..

So low right now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Feel a high coming on. Can't sit still, feel like I could run a marathon right now. Chatting the ears off my sister and her friends, feel like I have to use up all of my words. Mind won't stop. Don't feel right, just want this to end.

Feel a high coming on. Can't sit still, feel like I could run a marathon right now. Chatting the ears off my sister and her friends, feel like I have to use up all of my words. Mind won't stop. Don't feel right, just want this to end.

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Ring your doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

nesf wrote: »

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Ring your doctor.

Thanks nesf. I'm on zyprexa atm, but I gained a lot of weight. Was at the psych clinic two weeks ago and the doctor told me to stop taking it regularly (was on 10mg x 2 daily) and only use it as needed. Haven't taken it in over a week so I think it might be related to that. Seeing the psych nurse for a coffee on Saturday so I'll mention it then.

Sudden cessation of any psychiatric drug is a really bad idea and can have very serious side effects. A gradual reduction and withdrawal is the only way to go.

I'm having a very unstable day. Thankfully the Rivotril is keeping me on a mostly even keel.

I've been pretty damn low the past three days. :(

Which do you find easier to deal with, lows or highs? I always find the highs are scary and never know what will happen so the lows tend to be more predictable and easier to deal with. Prefer not to have either though but that's not going to happen!

• Advertisement

The lows are way easier to deal with. At least compared to mixed epsiodes anyway. With lows I can trudge miserably through life thinking I should die, with the mixed epsiodes plans to speed along that process keep popping into my head etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Totalelf

Bit high today, talking at 90 mph, can't sleep now, listening to Mika, probably not the best to listen to, but at least it gives my restless legs something to tap about.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Thought I'd post today. My mood hit an all time low last night. Couldn't stop crying for a solid hour. My girlfriend was home in Sligo, thank feck for Skype. I'm not on medication at the moment, but it's looking likely with a re diagnosis as I'm finding it tough right now.

Advertisement