Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Monday 11th January )

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

I think it's just that Dublin has milder air over it than a lot of the country
    I mean there's a southerly force 5 wind here and i just heard the roads around cobh are like glass, and cobh is as coastal as you can get
    Ground frozen a foot down will take alot of thawing

Dublin okay, but I frequently travel the N3 and I have never seen it that bad in the absence of compacted snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Between 6 and 7 inches of snow here, it must be waiting for more. A very small thaw today but the heavy snow today added more.

If all the snow on the hills around Kilkenny melted along with two inches of rain it will seriously test the flood defenses in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Snow still on the ground here in Thurles : slight thaw today but plenty of snow around still.

Now new snowfalls since last night though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

More and more reports coming in of just a slight thaw today, with plenty snow around all day.
    The danger of freezing rain tomorrow, albeit short lived, is a very real and dangerous threat. It should be mentioned by Met Eireann, far more dangerous than floods

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

More and more reports coming in of just a slight thaw today, with plenty snow around all day.
    The danger of freezing rain tomorrow, albeit short lived, is a very real and dangerous threat. It should be mentioned by Met Eireann, far more dangerous than floods

what times are the most likely? early in the morning? do you think it will be all rain down south tomorrow? bbc have a portion of snow over munster and met eireann have snow on higher ground.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭houseoffun14

On the advice of others on Sunday I avoided a trip into Glendalough. So I am looking to see what it is like at the moment. Is there much lying snow around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

guys. there is another thread about tomorrow just to let you know. Lots of posts going in there too that you may be missing. Maquiladora set it up

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63941559&posted=1#post63941559

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

On the advice of others on Sunday I avoided a trip into Glendalough. So I am looking to see what it is like at the moment. Is there much lying snow around?

I went up yesterday, amazing and well worth the journey over... some pics - snowing a lot though as we got higher up which made it difficult for me with the camera!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055794510

The roads etc were fine also, no problems getting there or back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A thaw on here right now, was very icy but the temps are deffo higher. Car is completely clear of it, having looked like an ice scupture earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Snow still on the ground here 114m (was incorrect all along) above sea level, north of Cork city. It is -1C and freezing. The sky is starry with patches of cloud, at the moment it is hard to see all the snow melting tomorrow..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Freezing like billyo here in donegal, car frozen solid even though its windy out.

Advertisement