Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glendalough Snow - 10th January 2010

Options
  • 10-01-2010 10:35pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

Finally got out to Glendalough today and what an amazing trip it was. Unreal amounts of snow and started bucketing down while we there too which was amazing... although when coming back down it got difficult with heavy driving snow blowing in your face! Plus missing the snow covered path and falling over in the snow I don't know how many times! :D Great though, loved every minute of it. Only down side was not having the proper foot wear etc, saw a few people up there with full snow gear! - Probably only saw about 5 others in total, very quiet up there - also, as mentioned in the Big Freeze thread, saw a bloke dressed in full viking gear with a sword resting on his shoulder - he just nodded and said hello - bit of an odd experience!

Anyway, here are some of the shots - not great as the light was poor with a fair amount of snow falling as we got higher up.

Icicles...

Snow1.jpg

Snow, snow, snow...

Snow2.jpg

Warning...

Snow3-1.jpg

Deer...

Snow4-2.jpg

Trees...

Snow5.jpg

More to come...

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Higher up...

Snow9.jpg

Hard to believe this is Ireland...

Snow8.jpg

Heavy snow falling...

Snow16.jpg

Near the edge...

Snow11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

You have the balls.

Fair play though, some smashing pics.

d'Oracle wrote: »
    You have the balls.

Fair play though, some smashing pics.

Well worth it, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Stupendous photographs. Glendalough is one of my favourite places. I was hoping someone from this snow-philes bunch would go and take photos. Thanks so much! The deer munching the green leaves in the snow is especially sweet.

Stupendous photographs. Glendalough is one of my favourite places. I was hoping someone from this snow-philes bunch would go and take photos. Thanks so much! The deer munching the green leaves in the snow is especially sweet.

Yeah it was amazing to see the deer, got quite near to another one and almost got a shot but it didn't turn out :(

Love Glendalough too, fantastic place... especially in snow and virtually no one else there!

• Advertisement

Some more, most of these taken from as far up as we got... it was getting late and we were concerned it would get dark!

Upload2.jpg

Deep.jpg

k.jpg

d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Great pics Felixdhc, thanks for posting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

amazing pictures!! Thanks for sharing them. i hope they keep you going through the mild weather!

Advertisement