Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lakeside BDO World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Cant you just switch to it via the red button on yer remotes? Also if anyone is using FTA receiver, do a full scan and watch it all on channel name STREAM 1. No need to miss anything.

And what about us poor people with UPC?? BBC3 or 4 would have been a better placce to screen it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yea well that is yere punishment for using UPC and cable. ;) But seriously it is annoying but it is done every year by them. As you say shove it on BBC4 it would be grand there and everyone could be happy. Except for people waiting on repeats of two pints of lager and a pack of cyanide.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Who is that over eager tosser presenting the late night highlights show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Aidric wrote: »

jeremy paxman's love child.....with his ma's sense of enthusiam obviously :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Whoever he was he was scaring the sh1t out of Chissnal the way he kept screaming questions at him and then shoving the microphone into his face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,686 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The Norn Iron fella on the earlier show is a tosser too. Where is Ray Stubbs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Ally Dick wrote: »
    The Norn Iron fella on the earlier show is a tosser too. Where is Ray Stubbs ?

Left BBC to go to ESPN to earlier in the year

Edit I meant a few months ago obviously:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,686 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Left BBC to go to ESPN to earlier in the year

Thanks for that. I never knew that

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

chisnall showed amazing strength and true champion quality to come back the way he did. to come out after the break and have an 11 and 12 dart leg was awesome and great to watch.
    and yeah **** the BBC. i had to try get a stream to watch the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Waites in big trouble here

Off topic his missus is pretty hot, she'll surely give him a nice shoulder to cry on ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭superfootyfan

Come on scotty ! cracking game and ye his missus would get it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Come on scotty ! cracking game and ye his missus would get it !

Was just about to post "Phillips must be kicking himself now" until that double 16 went in!

Waites definitely has the best Darts wife I've seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Was just about to post "Phillips must be kicking himself now" until that double 16 went in!

possibly, but Hankeys ma is a bit of hot stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Having watched the PDC the other week, the standard in the BDO seems brutal, so I checked the wiki and it claims only 20 times has anyone averaged over 100 in the BDO, and most of those players are now in the PDC. I checked the PDC stats and their were 14 games in this years championship where a player averaged over 100. Is the gulf between the 2 competitions really this huge nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Inquitus wrote: »
    Having watched the PDC the other week, the standard in the BDO seems brutal, so I checked the wiki and it claims only 20 times has anyone averaged over 100 in the BDO, and most of those players are now in the PDC. I checked the PDC stats and their were 14 games in this years championship where a player averaged over 100. Is the gulf between the 2 competitions really this huge nowadays?

Dave Chisnall have over 100 in his 2nd round match it must be a good sign for him this year.

jesus, shes only alright! just about do-able.
    helen chamberlain prob best looking darts wag and she wouldn't be the most beautiful woman ive ever seen either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

just want to see what you lads think of this. the players first 9 avg is between 100-105 and there finishing most games in 15-18 darts, whats confusing me is how are they only avgeraging 90-95 overall???. how are they losing 10 points on just 6 darts i know that is because there on a finish so there not scoring as heavy as here first 9 but that no excuse for them to drop that low. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

could you imagine if the PDC put up the first 9 avg you'd be looking at 110-120 easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Double Top wrote: »
    just want to see what you lads think of this. the players first 9 avg is between 100-105 and there finishing most games in 15-18 darts, whats confusing me is how are they only avgeraging 90-95 overall???. how are they losing 10 points on just 6 darts i know that is because there on a finish so there not scoring as heavy as here first 9 but that no excuse for them to drop that low. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

could you imagine if the PDC put up the first 9 avg you'd be looking at 110-120 easy

I was just thinking about this, what is the point in having a first nine average! Think the highest checkout is 146 this week (correct me if wrong!) which just proves they struggling on their doubling out!

ratinakeg wrote: »
    I was just thinking about this, what is the point in having a first nine average! Think the highest checkout is 146 this week (correct me if wrong!) which just proves they struggling on their doubling out!

van der weil hit a 161 against walton;):D.

Me bad, smart ass! :o;):p Forgot all about that!:o:D

• Advertisement

Me bad, smart ass! :o;):p Forgot all about that!:o:D

hahaha bout time i got one over on the great rat:p:p:p.

who is your pick for the semi's?

hahaha bout time i got one over on the great rat:p:p:p.

who is your pick for the semi's?

LMAO!:D:D I'll get you pal!:D

Chisnall v Adams final! Should have put money on Chisnall as I said him from the start! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!:(

LMAO!:D:D I'll get you pal!:D

Chisnall v Adams final! Should have put money on Chisnall as I said him from the start! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!:(

it's always the way:D:D.
    i'd say the same would be great if O'Shea got through but Chisnall is on a high after beating hankey and after O'Shea's last game he could try too much.

Philips is throwing great darts but Adams is too consistant for him in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Is it just me or has Adams had an easy run to the semi ? I hope Phillips keeps it together and beats him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

what is the point in having a first nine average!

So the BBC can make them sound better than they are and viewers with a lesser knowledge of the game may even think they are on a comparison to the PDC :eek:
    cymro wrote: »
    Is it just me or has Adams had an easy run to the semi ?

nope, Bobby George aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Looking forward to the 2 semi finals today. Chisnall v O'Shea kicks off at 2 30pm and i'd like to see O'Shea win but Chisnall has been brilliant this week and i reckon he'll win it 6-5 or 6-4. Like most posters on here i agree that Adams has got an easy run to the semi final and he'll be expected by most people to win today but i reckon Phillips will give him a tough enough game with Adams winning 6-4 or 6-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

Hard to call the first game.chisnall has been in better form this tournament but o''shea is coming in under the radar.we could be going all the way.o'shea 6-5

the second semi adams will win pulling up.6-1/6-2 id say

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Looking forward to Chisnall v O' Shea. O' Shea hasn't really done much this week but we all know he is a top class player and I think his experience will win it for him in a cracker.

Expecting Adams to win through easy enough 6-3 but you never know with Phillips.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Chisnall just done a 164 there to go within a leg of the final!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Cracking game here.

Chisnall lad is some scraper. I had it for O'Shea/Adams final but won't mind it if this lad gets there.

Edit: He just won it on the bull after checking out 164 before it.

Advertisement