Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lakeside BDO World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

The bloke behind van de weils girlfriend is a ringer for victor meldrew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

van de Wiels friend had a t-shirt on the other day with "I love Willy" on it! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

i cant stand hankey the smug look on his face everytime he wins a leg, and as for his ma, my good lord :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Jay.cymru wrote: »
    i cant stand hankey the smug look on his face everytime he wins a leg, ans for his ma, my good lord :D:D

Yeah, gonna be nobody slaggin Hankey off by tellin him they shagged his ma :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Awful darts. Van de Wiel missed 12 straight darts at double 16 :eek: and this is supposed to be the 'world Championship' last 16? LMAO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

scudzilla wrote: »
    Yeah, gonna be nobody slaggin Hankey off by tellin him they shagged his ma :D:D

LOL!!!

Am i wrong in saying i wouldn't turn down his wife thoughQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

oh my sweet divine. Who is this t**t they have presenting this year??

Degag wrote: »
    LOL!!!

Am i wrong in saying i wouldn't turn down his wife thoughQ

His wife looks like an old hag, what an ugly family!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I thought that was his wife :confused. The woman sat behind was asleep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Live link for any1 who wants it :D

http://www.justin.tv/wocky_jilson#r=qMnpNac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭shockframe

wagner wins 3-2 in a tie break.brilliant match.woods couldnt hit a double for toffee.fair play to wagner though 12 and 15 dart legs when he looked to be heading out.pity i backed pecker to win thoughmad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Cracking match there between Wagner and Woods great to see the Norwegian through to the Quaters as he has been around a while at the Lakeside.

Tomorrows matches:
    6 January 2010
    17.30 John Henderson (Sco, 15) v Scott Waites (Eng, 2)
    18.20 Paul Carter (Eng) v Martin Phillips (Wal)
    19.10 Daryl Gurney (NI) v Martin Adams (Eng, 3)
    21.15 Martin McCloskey (ROI) v Garry Thompson (Eng)

Dave Chisnall playing some great darts, over a 100 average!

Chisnall is looking very good.

Ted "the gent" Hankey will have to up his game against him in the next round or he will be out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DrDarts

Carrickman wrote: »
    Cracking match there between Wagner and Woods great to see the Norwegian through to the Quaters as he has been around a while at the Lakeside.
    True,great game. The averages might not be as high as some PDC matches but some games are very exciting. Any 2 guys can create a spectacle when they are evenly matched. I think McCloskey will see off Thompson and have a good shot at Adams who should take care of Guerney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭shockframe

He gave west a handy set there.That said Chisnall looks the real deal.too early to say i know but he could be the next threat to taylor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

shockframe wrote: »
    He gave west a handy set there.That said Chisnall looks the real deal.too early to say i know but he could be the next threat to taylor.

Lol don't get ahead of yourself there, imo the next threat to the Power will be his 60th birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Dave Chisnall playing some great darts, over a 100 average!

nice to see someone in the BDO playing at world championship level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭CORRO77

Woods and wagner was a good game but they must be the 2 most annoying darts players ever .Wagner on double 4 for the match and turning to the crowd with his hands raised to get them cheering could of been one hell of a moment if he missed and let woods in .And how annoying are the 2 lads with bobby george you think they were watching the greatest darts matches ever seen by there reactions after each match its embarassing to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

they are just tryin to copy sky over hyping every game, not gona work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Good luck to Gurney and McCloskey tonight, hopefully they end up playing each other in the next round.

Gurney played very bad.

He lost the 1st set and then more or less gave up and sulked for the rest of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Gurney played very bad.

He lost the 1st set and then more or less gave up and sulked for the rest of the game.
    yea, thought he was a joke, if he's not going to try his best there, he may as well pack it in.

Yeah Gurney was dissapointing alright as was said abovehe just seemed to give up once he was behind. Also I wish the BDO would stop changing the times of the games, I got the times for the matches online last night and they were changed yet again today when I swiched on to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Adams didn't take hin seriously enough last year but knew what to do this time ans Guerney seems to have gone backwards recently. Waites should finish this off now at 2-0 up. Henderson good floor man but so far he seems another of the camera shy brigade then bring on McCloskey. he should win this

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Disappointing result for McCloskey going down 4-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Carrickman wrote: »
    Yeah Gurney was dissapointing alright as was said abovehe just seemed to give up once he was behind. Also I wish the BDO would stop changing the times of the games, I got the times for the matches online last night and they were changed yet again today when I swiched on to watch.

could it have been due to the weather?

I just wish the BBC would settle down and stop switching camera angle's every 1/2 second, I got a sore head watching the 'highlights'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Gurney played very bad.

I thought he looked a beaten man from the 1st dart, no life in him at all.

McCloskey, went from crafty fox to grumpy old bear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Martin's darts went at the wrong time, 2-0 up in the 2nd set and he just lost it. whether it was to do with the heckler or not I dunno but I wouldn't make excuses. He just didn't get into his stride and Thompson played far better than in round 1.

Advertisement