Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lakeside BDO World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 seldom seen kid

58 when ye have drts ye need it mate go for 100 ok lets go mc 135 so close go for it ye hero

be supportin that chap mcclosksy hes deadly ,
    gurney looks good too. come on the eire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

Devastator wrote: »
    Anyone that missed the Adams/Fleet match, here's the amazing 1st leg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/darts/8440534.stm

If I see no more of the bdo this year, this will be enough :p

oh my god he must have being drunk?
    high quality stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

58 when ye have drts ye need it mate go for 100 ok lets go mc 135 so close go for it ye hero

be supportin that chap mcclosksy hes deadly ,
    gurney looks good too. come on the eire.

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

sc86 wrote: »
    oh my god he must have being drunk?
    high quality stuff

I still think it was a bad dose of the nerves, 1 time he hit D1 when going for T20:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

ratinakeg wrote: »
    I still think it was a bad dose of the nerves, 1 time he hit D1 when going for T20:confused:

I taught it was nerves when watching it live but after watching it again l think he was pissed.
    He was strugling to hold the darts and wobbling on the stage.

• Advertisement

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I taught it was nerves when watching it live but after watching it again l think he was pissed.
    He was strugling to hold the darts and wobbling on the stage.

Happened to me at the British Open and I only had a few pints on me then, nerves are a f#cker!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Happened to me at the British Open and I only had a few pints on me then, nerves are a f#cker!

Dont suppose theres a replay of that on youtube ? :eek::p

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Can watch it on the BBC iPlayer. There's no way it was nerves, he was absolutely pissed. He could hardly stand still on stage, and nearly fell over the oche a couple of occasions.
    Not being able to transfer the dart from left hand to right was a giveaway as well. Must be the worst televised performance of all time

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Dont suppose theres a replay of that on youtube ? :eek::p

Of course he as locked, even I never dropped me darts when I was nervous as f#ck!:D

dartsfan wrote: »
    Can watch it on the BBC iPlayer. There's no way it was nerves, he was absolutely pissed. He could hardly stand still on stage, and nearly fell over the oche a couple of occasions.
    Not being able to transfer the dart from left hand to right was a giveaway as well. Must be the worst televised performance of all time

He played better in the 3rd set with a few 60+ scores! ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just watched the first leg there. OMG! He is totally pissed. I know nerves can affect some people quite badly but dropping your darts (twice!), tripping over the ocky, double 1 when aiming for treble 20, scoring 5 with 3 darts all in 1 leg??? LOL :D
    I'd hate to see him if he had to give a speech in public!

Adams didn't exactly cover himself in glory either, but sometimes sh1t players can drag you down to their level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Didnt seem drunk and didnt notice any wobbling, he just seemed to be throwing really bad darts:confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

some people suffer from really bad nerves. he did not look pissed to me. if he was drunk then i have no sympathy for him. they said he was in the first round of the pdc before and got badly beaten too.

hope Mcclosky does well, but why did he have to be a ginger :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

There making a big deal out of Adams winning back to back Winmau World Masters titles. This makes me laugh, first time it's been done in this long and how well Adams is playing ect ect.

The fact is the World Masters is held at the same time as the Grand Slam of Darts. So Adams doesn't play that and instead beats a few guys like he did last night and gets built up as a superhero for dodging the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

There making a big deal out of Adams winning back to back Winmau World Masters titles. This makes me laugh, first time it's been done in this long and how well Adams is playing ect ect.

The fact is the World Masters is held at the same time as the Grand Slam of Darts. So Adams doesn't play that and instead beats a few guys like he did last night and gets built up as a superhero for dodging the big boys.

That is the most ridiculous thing I think I've ever read in my life. The world masters wasn't played near the same time as the grandslam. Months apart this year. Scott Waites was in both, as was Ted Hankey.

Martin Adams granted only had to play 3 games to Connie Finnans 200000000 to reach the final but he didn't beat nobody's at all. He beat Scott Waites, Tony O'Shea and Martin Atkins in 2008 and in 2009 he beat Robbie Green, Tony O'Shea, Gino Vos and Magnus Carius.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Masters only clashed with the GSOD once.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Jesus, that's tragic. Adams wasn't much better all the same. He probably had a few stiff ones to stave off the nerves but they had the opposite effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Aidric wrote: »
    Jesus, that's tragic. Adams wasn't much better all the same. He probably had a few stiff ones to stave off the nerves but they had the opposite effect.

Yes was thinking the same take away the fumbling of the Darts and Adams had shocker of leg too

Sorry for poor chap really am

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

Yes was thinking the same take away the fumbling of the Darts and Adams had shocker of leg too

Sorry for poor chap really am

they said on the late bbc2 program that he was already on a flight back to Oz. I would probably be the same. so embarrasing for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭CORRO77

I think last nights fleet adams game has summed up the BDO its an absolute shambles run by a man living in the dark ages .And with players who wouldnt get there game on a monday night pub team.Its time for a serious shake up this is live to millions every night on tv and has now become the laughing stock of sport.And people want darts in the olympics imagine the players been brought in for random drugs test the machine would blow up with the amount of alcohal some of them take before matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Adams & George were interviewed this afternoon on the game and both of 'em were breaking their balls at Fleet's performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Good grief! I really don't know what to say :confused:

Good game between O'Shea and Bunting there, O'Shea won 4-0 but both players had good averages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭butter13222

ya that was a good game , 4 nil doesnt show how well bunting played

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Any previews/predictions on the Woods v Wagner game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭butter13222

Any previews/predictions on the Woods v Wagner game?
    very hard to call ,id go for woods to pip it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I fcuking HATE Ted Hankey!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Kingp35 wrote: »

Remember back to old school days, you really liked some1 but said ya hated them just to throw peeps off the scent. ;):P

Kingp35 wrote: »

Me too!:mad:

He's playing well though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

can some1 button up his shirt for gods sake there could be kids watchin

Advertisement