Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lakeside BDO World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Good god anyone see the the first leg in the 1st set of this adams v fleet match.

fleet threw 1st and after 18 darts he still had 268 left.
    after his 27th darts he still had 155 left thats whan adams won the leg.

adams wasnt much beter but fleet hit 1--1 treble 1 with 3 darts . and another time with his 1st dart he hit double 1 when aiming for the treble 20.:eek:

l've never seen anyone more nervous in a sporting event before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Good god anyone see the the first leg in the 1st set of this adams v fleet match.

fleet threw 1st and after 18 darts he still had 268 left.
    after his 27th darts he still had 155 left thats whan adams won the leg.

adams wasnt much beter but fleet hit 1--1 treble 1 with 3 darts . and another time with his 1st dart he hit double 1 when aiming for the treble 20.:eek:

l've never seen anyone more nervous in a sporting event before.

Its almost embarrassing at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

His 3 darts average couldnt be much more than 50 .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Only seen the end but he was rolling his eyes when "he" was hitting trebles and therefore putting himself off his next shot. The first time he did it (the first time that I saw it happen) was fair enough but he kept on doing it. Did he win any legs?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

This is the first match of this years BDO that I have seen because I was over in the Ally Pally but I have to say that Fleet really was terrible. Honestly I would have given him a good match and a lot of people on here would have beaten him. It must have been nerves, no other reason. Shocking stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Kingp35 wrote: »
    This is the first match of this years BDO that I have seen because I was over in the Ally Pally but I have to say that Fleet really was terrible. Honestly I would have given him a good match and a lot of people on here would have beaten him. It must have been nerves, no other reason. Shocking stuff.

It was 100% nerves, I felt sorry for Fleet!

Gurney playing well, should have this wrapped up pretty soon! Mc Closkey up next against West!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Niall_76

The lads on BBC were more than suggesting he was pissed.

Think i'll wait for the second round before i watch anymore games.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

ca'mon mc closkey

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Is there a stream for this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Is there a stream for this?

http://atdhe.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Degag wrote: »
    Apologies, i probably shouldn't be trying to compare this to the PDC.... but i am trying to defend the BDO, and this is their thread!
    padr81 wrote: »
    Not having a go at the BDO at all as .......

Is that what this forum has come to? Being afraid of giving opinions because the pro bdo boys will come on moaning at you's. If you think its ****....say so! This is a discussion forum, people will have differing opinions.
    callaway92 wrote: »
    BDO as a whole is embarrasing..the only people that prefer this to the PDC are ones that dont have Sky Sports and therefore dont see the PDC world championships

:p Included that after above quotes. Fair do's.
    God, this Aussie bloke against Martin Adams is pretty average to say the least!

I seen Adams on after the game trying to make himself sound class and saying the other bloke wasn't too bad, until Bobby George interupted and made Adams admit(took 3 attempts) that Fleet was awful :D

AndyP wrote: »
    Right dont laugh me out of town here but I am convinced that the Eclipse Pro is worth a few points on the average compared to the Blade III. To me, having played a lot on both boards, the Eclipse sectors (doubles/trebles) appear to be considerably bigger. Might be an illusion though.

Already a discussion, think the consenus is they are exact same size, but eclipse has smaller wires making it look bigger. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055770192

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭butter13222

McCloskey true that leg away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Great comeback there by McCloskey to level the match 1 set each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭butter13222

McCloskey seems a very capable player , it must be nerve wrecking the first time u play on a big stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

2-2 now.come on mccloskey

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

I think hes playing the better darts and definitely has the momentum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Come on Donegal:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

YES!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Come on Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!1 yeeeeeeeehhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

thats the boy go on mc closkey:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Great result for McCloskey and Irish darts,20 years since the last player from the Republic won a 1st round match in Lakeside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Who do Gurney and McCloskey play next, hope not each other

just checked, see gurney playing adams and mccloskey playing thompson, winners of them 2 play each other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Well done to Daryl Gurney and Martin McCloskey on their great wins.

Keep it going lads !

shiibata wrote: »
    Who do Gurney and McCloskey play next, hope not each other

just checked, see gurney playing adams and mccloskey playing thompson, winners of them 2 play each other

Adams v Gurney again, great match last year! Hopefully Gurney can reverse the result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Anyone that missed the Adams/Fleet match, here's the amazing 1st leg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/darts/8440534.stm

If I see no more of the bdo this year, this will be enough :p

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Great stuff by Martin, he really is teak tough. I think he will hammer Thompson.
    The only thing is he only got £1,250 more for winning .... ie £4,250 instead of £3,000 and if he beats Thompson will get just £1750 more at £6,000 for reaching World Qrts.
    Of that then there is 20% taken in tax there and then at source from any "overseas" player.
    You really do have to at least reach final in BDO to make any decent few bob :(:(

We will see better darts in the second round, I'm not gonna watch it to slag the BDO as I like watching darts on tv, whatever the level!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Devastator wrote: »
    Is that what this forum has come to? Being afraid of giving opinions because the pro bdo boys will come on moaning at you's. If you think its ****....say so! This is a discussion forum, people will have differing opinions.

Not at all but it's not right to take the thread off topic.

Advertisement