Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lakeside BDO World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭shockframe

Plastic bats ahoy.its ted at the oche.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Lol at the BBC commentators calling his performance "clinical"..... He didn't play badly by any matter of means - averaged just above 90 i think - but certainly not clinical:pac:

Degag wrote: »
    Lol at Tony Green calling his performance "clinical"..... He didn't play badly by any matter of means - averaged just above 90 i think - but certainly not clinical:pac:

Fixed

shockframe wrote: »
    Fixed

Is Tony Green not a BBC commentator now or something?

Is Tony Green not a BBC commentator now or something?

i dont think croft is that bad.its green thats been a fool.

• Advertisement

i dont think croft is that bad.its green thats been a fool.

That fella who is presenting the show is a pure numpty.... knows nothing about the game i'd say.... he presented some poker show years ago i remember....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

That fella who is presenting the show is a pure numpty.... knows nothing about the game i'd say.... he presented some poker show years ago i remember....

that wee tosser colin murray was doing it today. last time I seen him he was presenting football on ch 5...seemed to know FA about football either

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Antoine56

Lol at the BBC commentators calling his performance "clinical"..... He didn't play badly by any matter of means - averaged just above 90 i think - but certainly not clinical:pac:

Here we go again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Was I the only one worried by hanky's shirt. he had so many buttons undone and showing so much chest belly, i couldnt eat my dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Antoine56

1st Round (Best of 5 Sets)

Ian White 0 - 27.96
    Stephen Bunting 3 - 30.54

Tony O'Shea 3 - 28.86
    Robbie Green 2 - 28.69

Joey ten Berge 2 - 29.84
    Brian Woods 3 - 31.91

Alan Norris 2 - 30.08
    Robert Wagner 3 - 28.75

John Walton 2 - 27.45
    Willy van de Wiel 3 - 26.29

Ted Hankey 3 - 30.84
    Gary Robson 0 - 27.74

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭damo180

didnt see all the darts today, but heard presenter saying to bobby george about a player being drunk playing, thought he said bunting (who i see won ) could anyone verify this

damo180 wrote: »
    didnt see all the darts today, but heard presenter saying to bobby george about a player being drunk playing, thought he said bunting (who i see won ) could anyone verify this

Yeah, he said he was "three sheets to thw wind!" Didn't see the match mind, so can't verify it.
    Antoine56 wrote: »
    Here we go again :rolleyes:

No, i am not starting any BDO vs PDC discussion. In fact, that is all you are trying to do. All i was saying is that a 90 average is not clinical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Best performance of the day yesterday came from Brian Woods. Robbie Green could have won his game against Tony O'Shea,when he was 2-0 up in the 2nd set he missed loads of doubles to level the game 1-1 and from there he could have went on to win it. Ian White played poorly after been hyped up big time by Adrian Lewis. Overall there was plenty of high scoring but the double shooting was poor in most games. Today Scott Waites starts his championship with a 1st round game against Scotland's Paul Hanvidge. I reckon Scott could be a definte mover to the PDC. Game of the day should be Darryl Fitton v Dave Chisnall. Coverage starts on BBC 2 at 1 00pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭CORRO77

Every year we have this stupid debate.look sky have been saying this every year since 1994 but time and time again the bdo players prove themselves to be decent players.

were you one of the many people who said in 2006 that the likes of barneveld,king,anderson,webster,whitlock,stompe couldnt cut it in the pdc.

I think my point has been proven by yesterdays standard absolutely shocking Waltons game for instence.These are scores while the players were in the 400s 300s and 200s 26,27,43.45.6times 41, 4times 46 ,47,as for saying the above players wouldnt cut it in the pdc i think your argument just went downhill because your saying players who are playing in the pdc are alot better than bdo. were all intitled to our opinion and im not going to have a fight over yours and i hope you dont over mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

Every year we have this stupid debate.look sky have been saying this every year since 1994 but time and time again the bdo players prove themselves to be decent players.

were you one of the many people who said in 2006 that the likes of barneveld,king,anderson,webster,whitlock,stompe couldnt cut it in the pdc.

in fairness bar barney all the rest have had to raise there game considerably to compete in the pdc...

i also found this hard to watch but its the 1st round and the 1st round of the pdc was bad aswell...
    scot waites is a cert for the pdc as will oshea, will it get to the stage where theres no1 left in the bdo any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭butter13222

waites is throwing fair well

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yer man, Colin Murray, is wrecking me head. Whose bright idea was it to let him present the darts. He's brutal!!

CORRO77 wrote: »
    I think my point has been proven by yesterdays standard absolutely shocking Waltons game for instence.These are scores while the players were in the 400s 300s and 200s 26,27,43.45.6times 41, 4times 46 ,47,as for saying the above players wouldnt cut it in the pdc i think your argument just went downhill because your saying players who are playing in the pdc are alot better than bdo. were all intitled to our opinion and im not going to have a fight over yours and i hope you dont over mine.

Yeah, not great. They both averaged around 80.... As it turns out though, 25 out of 64 players in the first round of the PDC World Championships averaged less than 85 with quite a few of them averaging considerably less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Yeah, not great. They both averaged around 80.... As it turns out though, 25 out of 64 players in the first round of the PDC World Championships averaged less than 85 with quite a few of them averaging considerably less.

had to laugh earlier(can't remember who was playing) when a player on 146 checkout threw 46 and the commentator said "good darts there to leave himself on 100!"

:D

Fitton out.beaten 3-1 by dave chisnall.

chisnall played well.fitton missed lots of doubles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

waites is throwing fair well

Why wouldn't waits play well did you see what he was playing!!! Poor Hanvidge only getting over dartitis but my god how embarrassing was he:eek: Desperate he was averaging in the 60's halfway through the match!

The first round is usually poor anyways but after that the standard usually picks up(in all fairness it has to!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Just watching highlights of Atkins vs Carter here. First round I know but it's painful to watch.

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Why wouldn't waits play well did you see what he was playing!!! Poor Hanvidge only getting over dartitis but my god how embarrassing was he:eek: Desperate he was averaging in the 60's halfway through the match!

The first round is usually poor anyways but after that the standard usually picks up(in all fairness it has to!)

Hanvidge averaged 70, Darin Young averaged 69 in one game yet got to the last 32.
    Just watching highlights of Atkins vs Carter here. First round I know but it's painful to watch.

Averaged 87 and 83. Again not different from the PDC first round...

Apologies, i probably shouldn't be trying to compare this to the PDC.... but i am trying to defend the BDO, and this is their thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Apologies, i probably shouldn't be trying to compare this to the PDC.... but i am trying to defend the BDO, and this is their thread!

I agree on alot of points but the pdc comp started with a few big averages as well including Lewis, Taylor, Whitlock and King, McDine, were borderline + about 6 or 7 who averaged 95 including Dolan,Wade and Priestley.

if I'm not mistaken we've seen 2 (though i could be) 95+ averages in the BDO, Wood's for definate and possibly Waites although I'm not too sure, other than that the great performances being raved about are Hankey who averaged 90 and a few who matched him. Even there no.1 only finished with an 88 (in a game I really enjoyed)

Not having a go at the BDO at all as a 90 average is super but compared to what we witnessed in the pdc its slightly (not majorly) inferior. that said I'm really enjoying the Lakeside this year despite the ever slipping standards. Seeds are losing, almost all the games are competitive, very few whitewashes and lots of good matches at a pro standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Right dont laugh me out of town here but I am convinced that the Eclipse Pro is worth a few points on the average compared to the Blade III. To me, having played a lot on both boards, the Eclipse sectors (doubles/trebles) appear to be considerably bigger. Might be an illusion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yer man, Colin Murray, is wrecking me head. Whose bright idea was it to let him present the darts. He's brutal!!

Indeed, bring back Juliet Ferrington :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

This Montgemery lad is without doubt THE WORST number 6 seed in ANY tournamet I have ever seen. He's also the biggest buckler I have ever seen. This guy should hang his heaD in shame and never play darts again he is embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This Montgemery lad is without doubt THE WORST number 6 seed in ANY tournamet I have ever seen. He's also the biggest buckler I have ever seen. This guy should hang his heaD in shame and never play darts again he is embarrassing

BDO as a whole is embarrasing..the only people that prefer this to the PDC are ones that dont have Sky Sports and therefore dont see the PDC world championships

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

God, this Aussie bloke against Martin Adams is pretty average to say the least!

Advertisement