Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy NFL jersey???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

I won't post the link because someone on another forum who clicked posted this

So I just went to check out the site at work, and was immediately hit with weird pop up messages, then my screen went black and I lost most of the icons on my desktop. I knew it was a virus so I called IT. They've been working on it for the last hour and have just told me that it's going to take too long to repair, so I have to get a new computer! Brilliant!

Now I've opened it a few times & had no problem, so if anyone wants the link pm me for it BUT ITS AT YOUR OWN RISK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

bobby wade wrote: »
    I won't post the link because someone on another forum who clicked posted this

So I just went to check out the site at work, and was immediately hit with weird pop up messages, then my screen went black and I lost most of the icons on my desktop. I knew it was a virus so I called IT. They've been working on it for the last hour and have just told me that it's going to take too long to repair, so I have to get a new computer! Brilliant!

Now I've opened it a few times & had no problem, so if anyone wants the link pm me for it BUT ITS AT YOUR OWN RISK

Sounds like the dude had spyware and adware and trojans or a root kit already on his computer and that site kicked it off. I went to it there and I have 3 spyware packages and 1 virus checker and none of them have set off.

Edit: Wait are you talking about the sites already mentioned or a new one? But if a website opens fine for you and doesnt set off alarm bells on your protection its most likely the scenario I laid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

different site

bobby wade wrote: »
    different site

Throw me a pm with the site :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I'm sorely tempted to use Yuki jersey again, even though I know customers' purchases have been seized at points. Very risky but I want another!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 rismak7

My jersey has been sent to customs :( I hope this isn't bad news for me getting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Ah balls. Sorry to hear that man.

Ah balls. Sorry to hear that man.

Yeah I know, it stinks. I still haven't heard anything from customs yet so I'm hoping the worst that will happen is I'll be asked to pay VAT / import duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

I ordered from them today Brady throwback jersey. Got stopped at customs one time for red sox shirt,duty from the MLB shop site , cost a good bit extra. Won't pay extra this time .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Didnt realise there was trouble getting yuki jerseys in. I ordered a Bears jersey a few months ago and it arrived safely

• Advertisement

Didnt realise there was trouble getting yuki jerseys in. I ordered a Bears jersey a few months ago and it arrived safely

It seems to be hit and miss. Some get in some don't. So far it seems the majortiy are getting in fine.

Out of curiosity, how long does it take customs to let you know if they're confiscating your jersey or not? They've had my jersey since last Wednesday and I've heard nothing from them.

Edit: Received a letter from them this morning about it, looks like it's gonna be confiscated once rebook confirm it's a fake. Sickened! Oh well once I get the official letter that it's confiscated I'll be opening a paypal dispute to try get the money back at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Hi rismak7 just wondering how you got on with your pay pal dispute?I recently ordered a jersey from yuki which got confiscated by customs:mad:.I think i will email yuki jerseys see if they'll send me a replacement.Any one else have any problems with customs getting jerseys into the country?

Hi rismak7 just wondering how you got on with your pay pal dispute?I recently ordered a jersey from yuki which got confiscated by customs:mad:.I think i will email yuki jerseys see if they'll send me a replacement.Any one else have any problems with customs getting jerseys into the country?

Ah, I know the mad feeling alright. They offered to send me out a new jersey if I wanted one or refund the payment. Just have the letters customs send you to hand when you're contacting them, in fairness to them as well they are quick to fix the dispute.

AFAIK most people are getting the jerseys but it's hit and miss alright. The only thing I'm wondering about now is, do customs watch what is being posted to you after confiscating a jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Hi, i ordered a jersey from Yuki on the 6th of July so il let you know if i get mine aswel, praying it doesnt get confiscated, but just to confirm, how do you find out if it has been confiscated, is it just a letter sent in the post informing you of it?

^^^Yep they sent me out two letters, a letter of detention followed by a seizure letter. Fingers crossed it won't get confiscated on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

rismak7 you've just read my mind.I've ordered t shirts from the u.s. that should have been in by now but no sign of them & there's no tracking on them.At least i'll only have to pay the vat on these.

Hairy Nipples 87 keep checking the tracking number with an post,if it say's sent to customs expect your letter soon after that.I hope your's gets through as rismak 7 said it is hit & miss

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SEAMUS75

I got my latest jersey from an ebay shop in the UK... a nice Dolphins Dan Marino Throwback in Aqua... bargain...only cost me £45 and took 4 days to get here!! They're like $100+ in the USA...well happy! The fella asked me if I know of anywhere in Ireland that sold American Sportswear as he was looking someone to stock his stuff... I told him I knew of no-where, thats why I was on ebay looking for one. :D

Ordered my Tom Brady jersey from my Chinese friends two weeks ago. Just got the letter from customs, that's it then . Not worth it lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Like i'v said before your better off buying the NFL site your just wasting money by customs keeping it. Pay the extra and get the real thing.

• Advertisement

I dont see the point of buying fakes, if I get one I always go for the real thing...fakes are a waste of money and all you are doing is taking money out of the real economy and ploughing it into the world of the fakers. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

SEAMUS75 wrote: »
    I dont see the point of buying fakes, if I get one I always go for the real thing...fakes are a waste of money and all you are doing is taking money out of the real economy and ploughing it into the world of the fakers. :mad:

There cheap and some people would prefer spend 30 quid on a fake opposed to over 100 quid on a real one I know I prefer to walk around in a cheap fake than a real one because if the jersey gets damage its ok it didnt cost me allot.

Hmmm I think thats a debatable subject to say the least.

So what are the most popular teams in Ireland... it'd be interesting to find out.

Eagles?
    Bears?

decies wrote: »
    Ordered my Tom Brady jersey from my Chinese friends two weeks ago. Just got the letter from customs, that's it then . Not worth it lads!!

You ordered it two weeks ago and only found out now that it was confiscated, wow that took a while, whats ur plan of action now?

Plan of action lol they will destroy it I presume ???

decies wrote: »
    Plan of action lol they will destroy it I presume ???

Ha what i meant was will you try and get in touch with the supplier and see if you can get a new one by any chance or some sort of compensation?..

Ha what i meant was will you try and get in touch with the supplier and see if you can get a new one by any chance or some sort of compensation?..

The problem is with this is that even if the Asian company send you a new the chances of it getting binned again would be high.

Folks remember they are counterfeit products so customs are entitled to stop it and destroy as the purchase and import of counterfeit goods is illegal.

Yuki know damn well they are selling fakes though just remember that :D

This is where I got mine from: www.Touchdownsports.co.uk

They've just put up some Steelers Roethlisbergers in Medium and Large and some Tom Brady's in Large as well if anyone is wanting one.

They are between £38 - £45

Take a look at the Dan Marino's they have as well just in case you didnt believe me! :P

SEAMUS75 wrote: »
    This is where I got mine from: www.Touchdownsports.co.uk

They've just put up some Steelers Roethlisbergers in Medium and Large and some Tom Brady's in Large as well if anyone is wanting one.

They are between £38 - £45

Take a look at the Dan Marino's they have as well just in case you didnt believe me! :P

Those ones he is selling for €40 are the screen printed cheap ones which in my mind are not worth it. I can see why people go with the yuki ones.

NFL have 3 jerseys for sale:

Replica screen printed ones: Usuall $30-$50 outside football season $60-$80 inside football season

Premier: These have certain stitched on parts and range from $60-$80 in the offseason and $80-$120 in the Season and these are the ones Yuki model their jerseys on.

On field: Much heavier than premier and double stitiched everywhere and stitched on numbers and logos etc etc. $200+ all the time.

As you can see the temptation for many to go with yuki is there because the NFL sell those sh1t screen printed ones for rip off prices.

• Advertisement

... but they at least get delivered in good time and dont get knobbled by customs! And they're official not knock offs.

Advertisement