Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy NFL jersey???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Jordans n Timbs

lol damn.........

never knew that.......

how they can tell real from fake is beyond me, lol like they have a clue about nfl jerseys at irish customs....

they probably just have the company that sends the sh*t blacklisted on behalf of NFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

how they can tell real from fake is beyond me, lol like they have a clue about nfl jerseys at irish customs....

They aren't idiots considering its their job to know the difference. Some of the fakes are obvious fakes and im sure they have computers with google on them. I know a guy who used to work in customs who was a Football fan. But it is their job to know.

they probably just have the company that sends the sh*t blacklisted on behalf of NFL

This as well. Huge influx of soccer and nfl jerseys coming in from the Far East with declared values of €20 or gift is a big giveaway.

lol some asshole on a computer googling real versus fake jerseys......our taxes hard at work......

i think its more the fact they have a list of countries and/or reported companies and they inspect them that way more than them actually being fans of the NFL and knowing the difference.........because i order pretty much every stitch of clothing i have off the internet...namely from drjays.com in america (a legit country) and the box arrives without being opened by customs.......that said, a lot of air jordan sneakers from taiwan (a sh*thole) i get the box has been opened and re-sealed using yellow cellotape labelled ''customs''........

lol some asshole on a computer googling real versus fake jerseys......our taxes hard at work......

Google NFL Jerseys fake and I will guarantee you all the shops people mentioned on here will pop up. Add that to the list customs receive from Reebok or Nike etc etc with how to spot fakes and the real thing google can help.

You telling me there is something wrong with using the best resource for finding anything? Come on dude many companies use google or yahoo whether they admit it or not including government agencies.

i think its more the fact they have a list of countries and/or reported companies and they inspect them that way more than them actually being fans of the NFL and knowing the difference.........because i order pretty much every stitch of clothing i have off the internet...namely from drjays.com in america (a legit country) and the box arrives without being opened by customs.......that said, a lot of air jordan sneakers from taiwan (a sh*thole) i get the box has been opened and re-sealed using yellow cellotape labelled ''customs''........

Yes they have a list of suspect countries I never said they didn't but are you going to tell me these guys and gals in customs can't think for themselves and think outside the box. I am pretty sure I have dealt with Customs a lot more than you and I can tell you there is no flies on some of them.

As for stuff coming from the US if the declared value is under what they can't charge VAT on and the website is legit it will fall under their radar. Drjays is a discount store and after a quick google sells real products so customs would have no reason to open the box to check whether or not they are real. High risk countries will for the most part always have their boxes opened.

lol whoaaaaa nelly.........i dont give a f*ck if u dealt with customs more than me, lol picture me wearing fake clothes.....lol wtf do i care what they do.....i just thought it sounded pretty funny....

lol bro, i have no problem with them utilizing google.....they can trace fake jerseys using the corn in peoples sh*t for all i care.......im just sayin its a peachy kind of job to have when u think about it...

either way it goes i still dont see the point in wearing fake jerseys.....that would seriously hinder my confidence stepping outside in clothes i know are fake.....just save for an extra few weeks and get the real thing smh........the worst is those dudes who wear fake armani polo's and ralph lauren polo's in colours that dont even exist on the official line.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD REMINDER:
    Before anyone makes recommendations regarding customs declarations, it is strongly suggested that the Boards.ie Terms of Use are reviewed, especially the guideline:

4. What you agree to when joining Boards.ie:

"You agree NOT to use Boards.ie to... post Material that promotes or encourages illegal activity."

lol whoaaaaa nelly.........i dont give a f*ck if u dealt with customs more than me, lol picture me wearing fake clothes.....lol wtf do i care what they do.....i just thought it sounded pretty funny....

lol bro, i have no problem with them utilizing google.....they can trace fake jerseys using the corn in peoples sh*t for all i care.......im just sayin its a peachy kind of job to have when u think about it...

either way it goes i still dont see the point in wearing fake jerseys.....that would seriously hinder my confidence stepping outside in clothes i know are fake.....just save for an extra few weeks and get the real thing smh........the worst is those dudes who wear fake armani polo's and ralph lauren polo's in colours that dont even exist on the official line.

You told me thats for sure :D This is by far one of the best responses anyone has ever posted to me haha Touche good sir touche.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SEAMUS75

For anyone interested in REAL jerseys and apparel etc, I got my Dan Marino Throwback from Touchdown Sports in the UK, it came inside a week (think it was 4 working days) and cost me £50. I'm well happy! Anyone interested, they also just opened a Facebook page "Touchdown Sports Limited". They have polo's, Tees, 3 in 1 combo's etc etc all the same as the likes of the NFL shop, but for miles less. Next stop I think is to get myself a few Helmets as I got one for a present a few weeks ago and they look great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Just been informed that there is Cam Newton #1 jersey waiting for me when I get home :D

Beautiful :)

FWrKu.jpg

Up8gE.jpg

fzVqm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Beautiful :)

FWrKu.jpg

Up8gE.jpg

fzVqm.jpg

Nice, I'm very tempted by the white jersey myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Anyone know one of these sites like tarajersey etc. where I can get the sweet ND throwback they were wearing last night?

nd1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Tom_Brady, where'd you get that jersey? Send by PM if this breaks rules.

Tom_Brady, where'd you get that jersey? Send by PM if this breaks rules.

I got it from an Irish seller I use on eBay, Cliona1971. Went to get another one earlier this weekend but his/her account is now closed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Anyone know one of these sites like tarajersey etc. where I can get the sweet ND throwback they were wearing last night?
    http://omg.wthax.org/nd1.png

Available on American Amazon for $80 + postage

http://www.amazon.com/Adidas-Fighting-Lights-Premier-Football/dp/B005H3BJT6/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Can any one recommend the best place to get a cheap Baltimore Ravens jersey, or have customs clamped down very hard on these lately? I might just get a customised one off the NFL shop if so as at least I'd know it will definitely arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭stargirl!

need to get a green bay packers jersey, anyone any ideas where to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

i got my rodgers jersey off the nlf shop,
    good quality took about two weeks to come

http://www.nflshop.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2237487

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

During some online browsing I found this site
    http://www.nflmonstershop.com/

They seem to sell a wide range of legit jerseys at cheaper prices than the nfl.com site (even a few that aren't available on the nfl site) and shipping is free worldwide. There's always the likelihood of customs/VAT on top, but considering the authentic jerseys are about $250 versus $120 on this one the duties would work out lower also.

Anyone here used them before?

• Advertisement

Zoton wrote: »
    During some online browsing I found this site
    http://www.nflmonstershop.com/

They seem to sell a wide range of legit jerseys at cheaper prices than the nfl.com site (even a few that aren't available on the nfl site) and shipping is free worldwide. There's always the likelihood of customs/VAT on top, but considering the authentic jerseys are about $250 versus $120 on this one the duties would work out lower also.

Anyone here used them before?

As they are coming from China not only is paying the customs on them an issue you also run the risk of having the merchandise destroyed if they turn out to be just high quality fakes and not approved by the NFL. Impressive website compared to all the other Chinese ones though but the whois info gives you a fair idea that its just another Chinese site.

This alone would suggest he is just another Chinese knockoff site:
    c. Upon receipt of your order, please examine it carefully. If u find our products are in a bad quality or mistaken version within 3days, pls take photos of them and send them to me. Then we will resend the good items for free or refund money to u. We will take full responsibility if our goods have any quality problems.

Fair amount of Text speak and broken English in it also.

He also owns these two websites:

shopforjersey.com

and

louboutindesigner.com

All 3 of these websites only registered since Sept/October

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

There's going to be a bunch of sites that were only registered in the last 2 months. There was a massive domain seizure not long ago. Think it was about 250 domains and there was a lot of ones that were called cheapjerseys.com or nfljerseys etc. so they will be re-opening under new names.

Don't forget that Nike are going to be making the jerseys from next season so they will be changing.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    There's going to be a bunch of sites that were only registered in the last 2 months. There was a massive domain seizure not long ago. Think it was about 250 domains and there was a lot of ones that were called cheapjerseys.com or nfljerseys etc. so they will be re-opening under new names.

Don't forget that Nike are going to be making the jerseys from next season so they will be changing.

New Nike Uniforms role out in April apparently or the first look anyways. Be interesting to see what road they go down with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

A bit off topic but would anybody know if I could buy a ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I got a decent ball in argos. It was a nike ball

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A bit off topic but would anybody know if I could buy a ball?

I got one off Ebay mate, this one to be precise:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/WILSON-NFL-EXTREME-American-Football-Ball-Soft-Grip-/350341314039?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5191f835f7#ht_1093wt_724

It's perfect IMO, but it won't last as long as the Nike or TDS one's apparently. The only problem was the seller told me it was dispatched on the Thursday so I was expecting it on the Monday or Tuesday but it wasn't actually posted until the Monday so I was waiting a week to get it.

Also, this one was recommended by another member of the forum recently (can't remember who, I happened to be searching for a ball myself and found this post):

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Wilson-TDS-Composite-Leather-Ultra-Grip-NFL-American-Football-Ball-RRP-29-99-/160692463494?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item256a046786#ht_2490wt_724

That one seems to last a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Raoul wrote: »
    I got a decent ball in argos. It was a nike ball

They dont have it now. But the wilson ball they have looks pretty good, really good reviews too Argos Wilson football

Paully D wrote: »
    I got one off Ebay mate, this one to be precise:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/WILSON-NFL-EXTREME-American-Football-Ball-Soft-Grip-/350341314039?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5191f835f7#ht_1093wt_724

It's perfect IMO, but it won't last as long as the Nike one's apparently. The only problem was the seller told me it was dispatched on the Thursday so I was expecting it on the Monday or Tuesday but it wasn't actually posted until the Monday so I was waiting a week to get it.

Also, this one was recommended by another member of the forum recently (can't remember who, I happened to be searching for a ball myself and found this post):

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Wilson-TDS-Composite-Leather-Ultra-Grip-NFL-American-Football-Ball-RRP-29-99-/160692463494?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item256a046786#ht_2490wt_724

That one seems to last a bit longer.

I originally recommended those Tds. They are the best cheap ball around. We use them in UCD for practice and the IAFL used them for a season as the league ball. Other than going full leather they are the best composite ball around in my eyes anyways. Those NFL balls are sh1te and dont last long at all. Thats a good price on that 2nd link for the Tds.

Raoul wrote: »
    They dont have it now. But the wilson ball they have looks pretty good, really good reviews too Argos Wilson football

For 20 quid I wouldnt touch that ball they like the NFL one dont last long and are worth about €5. The quality of them is very poor and remind me of those cheap soccer balls you used to get as kids that you wrecked very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Hmm. I got one of those to have for the team and they seemed fine. Not the best but they are a decent ball to have when we've got three or four on the go. Still lasting and they're getting the job done.

Advertisement