Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Some golf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

64, great round. Jumped 80 places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

64 WOW, lowest round of day by 3 shots after a quick glance at europeantour.com....2 more of those will do nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Jimdagym wrote: »
    -7 today now. Gone to 4 under for the tournie.

the 22s are ok now lol needs two more good rounds tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

the 22s are ok now lol needs two more good rounds tho

Still 4 lads tied with him or better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

64 WOW, lowest round of day by 3 shots after a quick glance at europeantour.com....2 more of those will do nicely :)
    Only by a shot. Coelsarts shot a 65.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

fair shooting, a 9 birdie round when only -7 is leading after 36.
    Field very tightly packed for weekend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

AGC wrote: »
    64, great round. Jumped 80 places

Only person to shoot a 64 as well.
    Coverage is on sky now via the red button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Still 4 lads tied with him or better.

ya but better lokking than last night, glover is doing well so fingers crossed one comes off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

happy enough with todays round. Hopefully can push on now at the weekend and get in the mix sunday...
    3 hours ago from mobile web

Happy enough..........:eek:

• Advertisement

33yo03t.jpg

Jaysus, a first round 93. I think that's the highest I've ever seen in a pro tournament. Fair play to him for coming back out today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Aidric wrote: »
    Only by a shot. Coelsarts shot a 65.

True enough....Colsaerts must have been one of the later finishers.

:eek::eek: An 11 on the par 3 15th.

aw894y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Shane +3 today at the turn. The guy is a lunatic!!!

Harrington like consistency from Lowry. +5 today to drop back to level par and right out of the championship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

conno16 wrote: »
    i felt it was only fair to comment on his massive success this year and wish him another huge year in 2011
    this guy is a gigantic prospect

Around €500,000 this year-not bad eh?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Aidric wrote: »
    :eek::eek: An 11 on the par 3 15th.

aw894y.jpg

Crikey, anyone see what happened here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Ginny007

Usual crap an Irish guy wins a tournament and it is like you all que up to have a go at knocking him.

I am living in Ireland for about 9 months now and i have to say you seem to spend all your time knocking each other over and putting your friends down.

I think there is an important question to be asked here ???

The guy won your national championship and did so in fine style.

Justin Rose was tipped for greatness but it took him years to claim his first victory.

Give the guy time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Ginny007 wrote: »
    Usual crap an Irish guy wins a tournament and it is like you all que up to have a go at knocking him.

I am living in Ireland for about 9 months now and i have to say you seem to spend all your time knocking each other over and putting your friends down.

Justin Rose was tipped for greatness but it took him years to claim his first victory.

Give the guy time.

WTF? Most people here want the guy to do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Ginny007 wrote: »

Give the guy time.

Fair play to you Pal, thanks for that...

You should find directions to the airport here..
    www.aaroadwatch.ie - good lad...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

durkadurka wrote: »
    WTF? Most people here want the guy to do well.

I think the most of is the point, you have muppets having a pop at hin given a chance on here, or Harrington for that matter!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

how long before shane is the RoI number 1?
    surely 2011 will be his year
    and fair play to him, he has worked hard for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

thegen wrote: »
    I think the most of is the point, you have muppets having a pop at hin given a chance on here, or Harrington for that matter!!!!!!!!!!!!

BS.

Harrington, for example, was top of the World, winning two Majors, then f**ked it all up by deciding to change things, and we all see the result. Everyone was delighted with his success, but nobody could understand why he changed everything. His PGA round, on that Sunday was incredible, 14 putts in the last 13 holes, one of the greatest finishing rounds in Major golf.

Any criticism is based on failure to understand why he is where he is. He has failed to qualify for the Ryder Cup, something unthinkable two years ago.

As for Lowry? He has a hell of a lot more support than you might think. Any perceived criticism is from a will for the lad to do well, not a wish for him to fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Gophur wrote: »
    BS.

Harrington, for example, was top of the World, winning two Majors, then f**ked it all up by deciding to change things, and we all see the result. Everyone was delighted with his success, but nobody could understand why he changed everything. His PGA round, on that Sunday was incredible, 14 putts in the last 13 holes, one of the greatest finishing rounds in Major golf.

Any criticism is based on failure to understand why he is where he is. He has failed to qualify for the Ryder Cup, something unthinkable two years ago.

As for Lowry? He has a hell of a lot more support than you might think. Any perceived criticism is from a will for the lad to do well, not a wish for him to fail.

i agree, i'll hold my hand up and say i honestly didn't think he'd keep his card this year,but why are Irish people so set against the odd negative comment about Shane or any other player,we don't all have to love the chap and support him, but as you said most want him to do well,to those who don't i don't see it as a big deal.
    You'll hear Brits giving out all the time about their sportspeople but you never hear the Brits being described as begrudgers just us Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

BS.

Cant buy into this one. Sure you may be the one who's criticism is willing him on to win but there are plenty who just slag off players for the sake of it. I was not having a pop at you, so the BS was not required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Shane Lowry ate my hamster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

BS.

Harringtons work ethic and search for perfection is following a very similar path to Nick Faldo's, Faldo too was an awful man for change and "tinkering" with his swing, and any body of my age will remember a kinda little "sump" he went into after his first 3 majors, (I say slump in " as a don't think Harrington is in one still won over $4 million and has a loada top tens) But he went on to win 3 more, when the hard work and tinkering paid off.

I fail to see how Harrington "f**ked it all up" does he not still have his 3 majors?

if he didn't decide to redesign his swing tho he might have had 5
    remember it was a weak period in golf whereby there were no outstanding players and majors were there to be grafted out
    harro got above his station and figured he could become a truly world class golfer with style in abundance
    if he just stuck to the nuts and bolts his trophy cabinet might have looked mightily impressive
    still tho, he is a legend in irish golf circles as far as i'm concerned
    i'll never warm to him because he doesn't have the necessary talent and poise but thats another story
    tbh i expect him to fade away much like clarke has done over the last few years. he'll reappear for a final day run every now and then of course.

the time now is for lowry to step up and become the RoI number one
    gmac and rory are streets ahead of him at present but he has the potential to be ireland's second best golfer before long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

neckedit wrote: »
    I fail to see how Harrington "f**ked it all up" does he not still have his 3 majors?

You are deliberately misinterpreting my post.

What has Harrington won since the PGA victory?

Why change what was , obviously, working ?

• Advertisement

for what its worth gophur i completely agree with you

his game was never going to gain him the plaudits i'm sure every top golfer craves but you dont change a winning formula
    its the same as an F1 driver winning a few gps, then deciding to bring his honda civic to the track
    nuts, absolutely

Advertisement