Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

neckedit wrote: »
    "Of nowhere exactly. But you knew that too. Or look up standard English idioms meaning to be waning, declining, or coming to the end of a period."

QUOTE]

get ove it,i love PH but if someone wants to bash him i say leave them to it,on the whole on this forum most support him,i'm not one of these because he's Irish we're not allowed slag him off
    i just like the chap,love his never say die attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Regards the fitness aspecct, i'm sure everyone here knows the story of daly sitting in the bar of some hotel and Woods comes through on the way to the gym. Daly says "Hey Tiger, why dont you sit down here with the lads and have a beer?" And woods throws back "If I was as good as you John, I wouldnt have to go to the gym!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Lowry 80th in world rankings now.

USPGA have already given Clarke an invite, surely they'll be looking to complete the field this week. Wonder will they do the usual and try and get all the top 100.

Lowry 80th in world rankings now.

USPGA have already given Clarke an invite, surely they'll be looking to complete the field this week. Wonder will they do the usual and try and get all the top 100.

He is listed here as a player
    http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/2010/players/field_list.cfm

He also said in a post round interview on sunday he hoped to get into contention, and you would never know what might happen if he die. SOunded very ambitious. Overly so imo, but of course no golfer should ever start an event feeling like they cant win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭G1032

So he's not in the USPGA?

Don't know. But his 'good result' in the Irish Open did not put him in the world's top 50.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

Don't know. But his 'good result' in the Irish Open did not put him in the world's top 50.

I'd say you do. And he has.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    He is listed here as a player
    http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/2010/players/field_list.cfm

He also said in a post round interview on sunday he hoped to get into contention, and you would never know what might happen if he die. SOunded very ambitious. Overly so imo, but of course no golfer should ever start an event feeling like they cant win it.

Ah good stuff, i had checked the list earlier and they only had about 100 names on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

watched him in killarney on friday playing with fisher. Fish was on fire and lowry was a bit all over the place, but his ability to get up and down impressed me greatly. Yes he's a big lad, but he has great feel around the greens (apart from on 15 on sunday where he left one in the bunker!).

Not sure his temperament is quite there yet in that he didnt look as focused as some of the others (natural as half of offaly were following him) - but this kid can play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

i felt it was only fair to comment on his massive success this year and wish him another huge year in 2011
    this guy is a gigantic prospect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

OK who left the message on his guest book as conno?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Only one Keano

Think he's going to be a super player on tour. He's got lots of belief and doesn't seemed to get phased by names or if he's contending. All the guys out there are good players but this ability alone can separate the journeyman from the tour winner! C'mon the Offaly boy!!!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

SL.jpg

:rolleyes:

Your dedication to the cause is impressive Conno, I'll give you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

conno16 wrote: »
    i felt it was only fair to comment on his massive success this year and wish him another huge year in 2011

You're some p##s taker leaving that message on Shane's guest book

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The Mods will allow this, but if I respond in a reasonable manner I'll get accused of a personal attack.

<mod edit>
    Good guess.
    </mod edit>

Shot a75 today. 9 behind after day 1.

So much for my 22's to be top GB&I.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

give him a chance jim ffs

The irony is not lost on me Conno. I backed him!

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Shot a75 today. 9 behind after day 1.

So much for my 22's to be top GB&I.:rolleyes:

-4 for front 9 today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭jimjo

Great shotting -6 throu 13 is some going to say the least... T14 now.

Conno was right, people should get off his back!

ffs

• Advertisement

Super shooting from him.

Come on the big fella!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

jimjo wrote: »
    Great shotting -6 throu 13 is some going to say the least... T14 now.

Conno was right, people should get off his back!

ffs
    that must be the 4th sign of the apocolypse.
    Great shooting lowry keep it up. Backed 10 win at 40s. Slated him after day one:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

-4 now, -7 for the day. great shooting from Lawrie aswell

-7 today now. Gone to 4 under for the tournie.

Great comeback by young Lowry. That's the most impressive thing about him is that he never gives up. He has done that a few times this year when he's had a poor first round followed by a good 2nd which has enabled him to make the cut. The more cuts he's making the more his confidence grows........the more his confidence grows the mroe likely he is to contend for tournaments etc....... His belief and never say die attitude is a great example to all the kids that follow him.

Go on the boy Shane!!!!!!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Dropped one and then got it straight back at the next. Still -4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

He really does go on some birdie streaks in rounds, he has that ability in him..a bit like Darren Clarke on top of his game. I'd say he'll be first Irish golfer to shoot a 59 on tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭me89

Another birdie..-5 now with one to play

He really does go on some birdie streaks in rounds, he has that ability in him..a bit like Darren Clarke on top of his game. I'd say he'll be first Irish golfer to shoot a 59 on tour.

You're right - he doesn't seem to be afraid of going low!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

This is savage stuff, keep her goin' Shane!!

Advertisement