Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

JimDean wrote: »
    Another solid round from Big Shane. T12

6 shots behind the leader but around for the weekend, that's the most important thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

6 shots behind the leader but around for the weekend, that's the most important thing.
    Agreed. He missed a cartload of cuts last season and that had to chip away at his confidence. As long as he continues to make cuts and challenge then his game will improve immeasurably.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Had as many bogeys on the front 9 today as he had in the last 6 rounds.
    Knuckled down well though and came home in -3 to shoot par for the day.
    Remains at -3 in a tie for 20th will Peter Lawrie, 7 off the pace going into the final round.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

Yeah, he did knuckle down well. 20th finishing position tomorrow would be worth about €21k to him... http://www.europeantour.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BAEFB93B0%2DEFF5%2D4C05%2DAB0F%2DFD08D947D944%7D&eventid=2010004&infosid=11

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

Atlantic1 wrote: »
    Yeah, he did knuckle down well. 20th finishing position tomorrow would be worth about €21k to him... http://www.europeantour.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BAEFB93B0%2DEFF5%2D4C05%2DAB0F%2DFD08D947D944%7D&eventid=2010004&infosid=11

That'd be nearly 100,000 quid for 2 weeks of golf.how I wish I was good enough to go pro.I wouldn't care if I never came near a major.

• Advertisement

A couple over today with 5 holes left, just inside top 30.
    Lawire a couple under and threatening top 10.
    Shows how tight it all is:)

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

3 birdies in the last 4 holes for another even par 72, -3 overall and currently t22

Licksy wrote: »
    3 birdies in the last 4 holes for another even par 72, -3 overall and currently t22

2 poor rounds turned into par over the weekend with good finishes, good sign!

T24 for approx €18K.

T9 for Lawrie, approx €33K.

84th in world rankings this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

when is cut off for top 64 in the world for the wgc matchplay in arizona

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

I think he topped the GIR last week for the first two rounds, which is a fantastic achievement.

soundsham wrote: »
    when is cut off for top 64 in the world for the wgc matchplay in arizona

This day next week.

I guess top 65 will get in this year ;)

Only way Lowry would make it is with a top 3 this week in Dubai.
    Bit soon for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Blunder

This day next week.

I guess top 65 will get in this year ;)

Only way Lowry would make it is with a top 3 this week in Dubai.
    Bit soon for him.

Top 66 actually. Dont think Phil is playin in it either. Could go higher if there are other people who pull out from the top 64.

Blunder wrote: »
    Top 66 actually. Dont think Phil is playin in it either. Could go higher if there are other people who pull out from the top 64.

Ah yeah i'm sure they'll be more drop outs, just Tiger seems to be a definite no no. You'd never know though, he loves these events. Cash could come in handy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

More solid work from Shane. -1 today, 7 shots off the leader Marcel Siem who shot an impressive 64

L.O.F.T wrote: »
    More solid work from Shane. -1 today, 7 shots off the leader Marcel Siem who shot an impressive 64

he is the second highest ranked player in the field :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

L.O.F.T wrote: »

I'm just waiting for Siem to collapse, I've never seen a temper like he has on course!

It's a seriously weak field all the same.

Good round today! 6 birdie, bogey free 66. Sitting top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cornerboy

Aidric wrote: »

You know for a guy like Shane Lowrey it doesn't matter how strong the field is. Its all about shooting good rounds getting top 5s top 10s etc, building confidence and developing his career. We cant expect him to be competing at the top table just yet. The lad is doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

he is the second highest ranked player in the field :D :pac:

and where are ye playing this weekend and against who???;):p

Give the lad a bit of support - weak field or not, its great to have another irishman out there to keep an eye on.:)

Just to be clear I wasn't having a go, simply pointing out that it's one of the weakest fields of the new season so far.

Just to be clear I wasn't having a go, simply pointing out that it's one of the weakest fields of the new season so far.

Yeah tends to happen when the tour leaves Dubai and hits India and China. Money is not bad though for the quality of the field. It's major money for the Asian tour comapred to what they're usually playing for so it gets compettive enough even thought the world rankings wouldn't refelect that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

don't get me wrong, neither was I.

Its just nice to see the positives!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

charlieIRL wrote: »
    don't get me wrong, neither was I.

Its just nice to see the positives!!

Lowry is actually the highest world ranked player in the field here, so it really is a weak field. He's not going too well today.
    Still, everytime he makes the cut its progress in my book. He's never played these courses before, and probably never even been to these countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cornerboy

Something seriously gone wrong today +5 after 12

durkadurka wrote: »
    Lowry is actually the highest world ranked player in the field here, so it really is a weak field. He's not going too well today.
    Still, everytime he makes the cut its progress in my book. He's never played these courses before, and probably never even been to these countries.

Jeev Singh is ranked higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Jeev Singh is ranked higher.

I don't that materially affects my point!

A 77 on day 3 to lie on -2 and 9 shots off the lead. Shooting the joint worst round of the day on moving day is extremely poor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭gorfield

Mods, i think this thread should be locked. Its an ad board for people to knock/pisstake one of our great sportsmen.
    If shane does well- oh it was a crap field or he got lucky with the weather or something.
    If shane even misses a fairway- Oh hes clearly not good enough etc etc etc.......:rolleyes:

Listening to these armchair experts that couldnt break 100 on these courses is getting increasingly boring and turning me off this forum fast. :mad:

Advertisement