Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do men do it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

MIN2511 wrote: »
    That's a bit pervy alright!

I am a 34H and found that men stared at the twins(my ex calls them that :() when they were on show, i started wearing minimiser bras and they're hardly on show anymore so i don't get the stares :D

jaysus I didn't even realise they went up to H cup:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is saying that it wouldn't be uncomfortable at work to STARE but if it's glancing and looking away then it's harmless.

However, the comments here about "sleazy old guys" is just boring. Someone stopping jogging etc :rolleyes:

Well that's what this thread about isn't it? The poster feels uncomfortable because she catches her co worker looking at her chest. Glancing and looking away is perfectly fine, I'd be lying if I said I didn't do it!:)

And people talking about sleazy old guys probably have a reason to do so. I'm guessing they were probably harrassed by sleazy old guys, which isn't a nice experience for anyone. Talk to any woman and she will surely have a story involving a sleazy old guy. I know I have some stories:rolleyes:. It's almost a rite of passage for women/teenagers/girls to have to fend off a sleazy old guy unfortunately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Mrmoe wrote: »

Charadingo!!!!

Pic ..

Warfi wrote: »
    Well that's what this thread about isn't it?

Eh, yes which is why that was my reply.
    Warfi wrote: »
    And people talking about sleazy old guys probably have a reason to do so.

My point is, why 'sleazy old guy's' .. if you have a problem with men looking at your boobs then it should be all men.

Or is the clevage on display just for the good looking guys only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Why do men do it? Because they like looking at them - it's really not complicated.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

My point is, why 'sleazy old guy's' .. if you have a problem with men looking at your boobs then it should be all men.

Read the thread.
    My post was in reply to a guy saying he doesnt know what we're complaining about, he'd love to have girls staring at him.
    And I said yeah you are imagining that it would be young hot girls staring at you, try imagining the scenario with 60 year old lechy women leering at you and see if you'd be as happy about it then.

I don't like any men staring at my chest, but men old enough to be your father/grandfather really annoy me, surely at their age they should cop the f*ck on and stop leering at young girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Orlaithc9 wrote: »
    maybe I should start staring at his crotch just because its there? :D

You mean stare at his brain

hehe

When it come to boobs, bums and hips 95% of our thinking is done with our balls :)

Dudess wrote: »
    Why do men do it? Because they like looking at them - it's really not complicated.

In a workplace situation where they know they are making their colleague uncomfortable they should have the cop on to reign it in surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Charadingo!!!!

Pic ..

Cheers lads!
    Thanks for making a girl feel special!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Because it is particularly grotesque when a 50 or 60 year old man openly leers at a 20-something girl.

• Advertisement

Read the thread.

I am :rolleyes:
    My post was in reply to a guy saying he doesnt know what we're complaining about, he'd love to have girls staring at him.

That was me!!! Maybe YOU should read the thread!!!!

And you call me an "Idiot!" ??

Pot.
    Kettle.
    Black.

I am :rolleyes:

That was me!!! Maybe YOU should read the thread!!!!

And you call me an "Idiot!" ??

Pot.
    Kettle.
    Black.

Ah for god sake why exactly would I remember your user name.

So you're saying you'd be comfortable with ugly old women coming up and giving you the once over, and then leering at your crotch and remarking about exactly what they'd like to do with it?
    Cause that's how I feel when old men come on to me. it literally makes me feel sick. And other girls feel the exact same.

Ah for god sake why exactly would I remember you user name.

Don't mind me, I just came in to get warm.
    So you're saying you'd be comfortable with ugly old women coming up and giving you the once over

The "once over"? You make it sound like guys are stopping women in the street and molesting them
    remarking about exactly what they'd like to do with it?

Where did I say I would approve of someone making remarks like that??

Take your own advice and read the thread.

Tip: I'm OutlawPete.

Don't mind me, I just came in to get warm.

The "once over"? You make it sound like guys are stopping women iagn the street and molesting them

Where did I say I would approve of someone making remarks like that??

Take your own advice and read the thread.

Tip: I'm OutlawPete.

Thanks for the tip :D lets just agree to disagree I can't be a*sed to go through the thread again.

Just on your comment there about the once over. When I was 18 I had a guy roughly 50 yrs old stick his hand in between my legs in a club. A proper grab like. I was so young and shocked I dint know what to do. Now I think I could have reported him.

lets just agree to disagree I can't be a*sed to go through the thread again.

No .. sorry, I mean yes okay, we'll do that so :)
    Just on your comment there about the once over. When I was 18 I had a guy roughly 50 yrs old stick his hand in between my legs in a club. A proper grab like. I was so young and shocked I dint know what to do. Now I think I could have reported him.

Sure nobody here world support someone doing that.

If some old boy is glancing your breasts it could be making his day. He might go home on Christmas Eve all alone with one bottle of Guinness and a stray cat to look forward too.

His only Christmas gift could be the fruitless dream of touching your firm breasts and the hope that this small wish might keep him warm throughout the yuletide.

Now you wouldn't begrudge me him that now would ya? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

So you have them covered up and not showing in clothes that draw attention to them?
    If then tell him my eyes are here not down there :rolleyes:

My sleazy old guy stories go way beyond merely looking at my chest. Haven't read what other people were saying about sleazy old guys.

I don't have a problem with anyone looking at my breasts as long as I'm not uncomfortable. It's got nothing to do with good looking versus decrepid. In a work situation, if someone was looking at my chest, I would be very uncomfortable because it's not appropriate. If I'm chatting to someone in the pub and I saw them repeatedly looking at my breasts, I wouldn't be as uncomfortable, but I would still consider it rude and wouldn't have much time for the guy. I would think that there's not much going on upstairs and that he's just out for his bit. No problem with glancing to have a look, and then get on with the conversation. It's the repeat viewings I'd have issue with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

OP i know what you mean its so uncomfortable. I worked with a man who used to stare non stop, it was almost like he was getting lost in them!!!! And i sure as hell wasn't 'flaunting' them as some guys feel gives license to perv. It was jumpers and and jackets all the way most of the time. To make it worse he was a friend of my mothers so double cringe!!! I remember saying it to a co-worker and she said it was probably because he had sons only and wasn't used to girls :confused::confused::confused:.

creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy!!!

In a workplace situation where they know they are making their colleague uncomfortable they should have the cop on to reign it in surely?
    It's one thing to indulge in lengthy stares, quite another though to take a peek - or more than one peek, and then look away. That's not sleazy, it's natural. It's not the preserve of dumb guys either - most hetero guys, no matter who they are, are susceptible to the spell.

I hate that crap of "Oh I'm not appreciated as a woman because of my boobs" - put them away then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

Ah.....gah.....I got here...ah... as quick as I could...did...did someone say boobs?

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    It's one thing to indulge in lengthy stares, quite another though to take a peek - or more than one peak, and then look away. That's not sleazy, it's natural. It's not the preserve of dumb guys either - most hetero guys, no matter who they are, are susceptible to the spell.

I hate that crap of "Oh I'm not appreciated as a woman because of my boobs" - put them away then.

The OP said he is repeatedly staring.

I hate that crap of 'oh the woman is asking for it, she was wearing tight clothes'.

The OP has said she is uncomfortable to the level where she makes sure she wears baggy clothes to work, to give him no excuse, and he is still doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

It's a penis thing, you simply wouldn't understand.

Oh, and if he's constantly staring at your tits, be proud, means you have a nice pair.

No offense meant if offense is taken.

Well to be fair, I was referring more to the phenomenon in general rather than just the OP's situation.

And while I totally object to the "she was dressed provocatively, therefore asking for it" mindset when it comes to sexual assault, I do think if a woman has her boobs on display she can't exactly complain about them being looked at a lot. There's nothing wrong with her wearing cleavage-revealing clothes, but there is something wrong with her whingeing when she gets attention for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Hard to say, but I'd say it goes back to our primal instincts.

It's the same way we look at the derrier or the hips :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

men like boobs, therefore men like to look at boobs.
    he is a man, you have boobs, therefore he likes to look at your boobs.

simple logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Teutorix wrote: »
    men like boobs, therefore men like to look at boobs.
    he is a man, you have boobs, therefore he likes to look at your boobs.

simple logic.

Women don't like perverts, therefore they like to not be ogled in public.

I am a woman, you are ogling me, therefore you will get cussed out.

Simple logic.

:mad:

I couldn't give a flying fook if I caught any guy over the age of 12 - actually, scratch that 12... 9 - having a quick peep at my rack. It's normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Women don't like perverts, therefore they like to not be ogled in public.

I am a woman, you are ogling me, therefore you will get cussed out.

Simple logic.

:mad:
    I was just explaining why men do it. I wasn't trying to offend anyone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If the OP catches the guy staring all the time, then she must always be looking at him too.

Perhaps he's posting over on Thumped right now about it.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    If the OP catches the guy staring all the time, then she must always be looking at him too.

Perhaps he's posting over on Thumped right now about it.

Here's what he posted:

'Guys, this chick at work keeps looking into my eyes. It's making me very uncomfortable. What should I do?'

Some replies:

'Wear sunglasses'.

'Close your eyes'

'Look at her breasts so you don't feel so uncomfortable'

So at least now we know he's just following advice!! :pac:

Advertisement