Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do men do it?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

i think after 10 pages of this thread, we deserve a picture from the op at the very least..!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

ffs 150 posts and no pics. Waste of my time. IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Um.....stupid question - how tall are you ? How tall is he ?
    Orlaithc9 wrote: »
    LOL...its not like that, he just cant stop looking at them. Maybe I should try take it as a compliment but it makes me feel really self concious when I know he has been staring at them so its hard to make that into a good thing. Maybe I should try wrap them up in clingfilm before I leave the house to try and flatten them down?!

Hmmm you seem to have hypno-breasts. Maybe you should leave subliminal messages on their for him? Things you want him to do - "speak with customer X", "fire person y". Things you don't want to do. Or "€5 per gawk. transfer to a/c XXXXX". He'll soon get the message when he starts doing things without realising it, and if not, meh you have a gopher at your disposal.

To be serious thou, if you consider him a decent guy/friend, use some humour ala "face is up here" and then follow up with you do that alot and it makes me uncomfortable in a non-confrontationl way - if he\s a decent guy he'll apologise and get the message. If you don't like him or think he wouldn't get it then take a more confrontational route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

FutureGuy wrote: »

Here you go .. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

FutureGuy wrote: »
    i think after 10 pages of this thread, we deserve a picture from the op at the very least..!

Yes I too have never seen a woman's breasts in real life and would enjoy slyly attempting to peek at a photo representation of somebody's chest while hoping my parents/boss doesn't come in and see the small bulge in my fitted slacks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Here you go .. ;)

Hahaha - the song on tha clip is epic. Sounds like its the South Park boys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

arrow_up_my_face_is_up_here_tshirt-p235940882920321280ca2c_400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

jdivision wrote: »
    A former boss of mine used to say to people who stared at her boobs "hello, my face is up here" and wave at them.

Was anybody tempted to say "but look at the state of it, these are much nicer".

Girl from Tatu with same problem ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

phew, I see you are in Waterford....that means you're not talking about me :pac:

I was just thinking the same thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

For a terrifying, terrify second I thought that was my sister...

jokes about my sister's bewbs will not be appreciated, I'm still recovering from the shock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Can I ask another question ? Why is the title of the thread "Why do men do it ?" when the question is about one specific - and slightly sleazy - man ?

Given many of the comments on this thread, I doubt that the man in question is that much of an outlier. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Yes I too have never seen a woman's breasts in real life and would enjoy slyly attempting to peek at a photo representation of somebody's chest while hoping my parents/boss doesn't come in and see the small bulge in my fitted slacks.

Wait...gimme a second...just want to check we are posting in After Hours and not Personal Issues...oh so we are in After Hours. Great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

don't get too excited. he's looking at your tats as opposed looking at your eyes or your mouth either of which would show he liked YOU. looking at your tats just shows he sees you as a piece of meat that he might get to ride in a few weeks when your piised at the christmas party. anyway, sounds from your post that you might be up for it. good luck. enjoy the akwardness that will follow.

Now I'm not saying that what he's doing is right, however there is a man in work who is seriously well endowed, and any time I see him I find my eyes drifting towards his zippage area. He is not in the least bit attractive by the way, actually he's a bit ick, but it's HUGE, it's difficult not to look.

Im a size 10 with big boobs and I could actually be holding a conversation with some-one where they will be talking to me, but looking at my boobs the entire time. I'm looking into their eyes, so how could they not think I can see where they are looking.
    It makes me feel so uncomfortable.
    To the idiot who said 'in a few years you'll be wishing men were looking at your boobs' eh it's not a good thing, it can make a woman feel very very uncomfortable. how would you like if everywhere you went people didn't talk to your face, they just gawped at your chest.
    I generally cover up and wear baggy clothes, If I wear anything that slightly fits me I feel so exposed all the time.

I agree that people shouldn't stare, but I don't agree with covering up because some men are ridiculous and can't control themselves. This isn't to say that one should wear a halter top and miniskirt and expect not to get looks. But I'm not dressing like a rapper because some men are morons...and TBH the most obnoxious ones will still have something to say anyway, so why bother?

Now I'm not saying that what he's doing is right, however there is a man in work who is seriously well endowed, and any time I see him I find my eyes drifting towards his zippage area. He is not in the least bit attractive by the way, actually he's a bit ick, but it's HUGE, it's difficult not to look.

Why does he walk around the office with his cock out :confused:

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Why does he walk around the office with his cock out :confused:

Does Orlaith walk around her office with her tits out? :rolleyes:

It's just very very large, or else he's got a few pairs of socks down there :pac:

Does Orlaith walk around her office with her tits out? :rolleyes:

It's just very very large, or else he's got a few pairs of socks down there :pac:

Oh... its THAT big. Well I feel inadequate.

• Advertisement

I don't agree with covering up because some men are ridiculous and can't control themselves.

If you see a cyclist wearing skin tight spandex and you can see his cock is nice and big - you not gonna look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

Just tell him that you can see him looking at your chest and that you'd like him to stop because it's making you feel very uncomfortable. Surely he has plenty of time to have a gawp when you're not looking in his direction?

Basic manners really

If you see a cyclist wearing skin tight spandex and you can see his cock is nice and big - you not gonna look?

Well I wouldn't look if they can see I'm looking, it's embarrassing for both people

See my comments re: halter tops and miniskirts. I think spandex shorts go in the same category.

And, as other posters have noted, it's one thing to take a quick glance, go "hmm" to yourself, and move on. Staring - and especially staring EVERY DAY AT WORK - is ridiculous.

Warfi wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't look if they can see I'm looking, it's embarrassing for both people

She said he looks away when she looks up.

She said he looks away when she looks up.

Obviously not quick enough. What's worse is that he knows that she knows he does it, and they're both embarrassed yet he doesn't stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

tell him you made a thread about him looking at your boobs on an internet forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

thebhoy wrote: »
    tell him you made a thread about him looking at your boobs on an internet forum.

and then tell him to come here so we can tell him he's doing a great job :pac:

Warfi wrote: »
    Obviously not quick enough. What's worse is that he knows that she knows he does it, and they're both embarrassed yet he doesn't stop.

I don't think anyone is saying that it wouldn't be uncomfortable at work to STARE but if it's glancing and looking away then it's harmless.

However, the comments here about "sleazy old guys" is just boring. Someone stopping jogging etc :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

robbie_998 wrote: »
    and then tell him to come here so we can tell him he's doing a great job :pac:

yeah, and i bet you he'd let us look at the pics too..

Advertisement