Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do men do it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    I just seen the thread title on the homepage and thought it was gonna be..

"why do men do it?, why do they put up with us?"

That page is over in the ladies lounge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Orlaithc9

Meh. Men can and do glance at chests on a frequent basis. Now, that doesn't mean that he has to look at it while talking to you either. That's indiscreet.

Then again, sometimes my eyes would look downwards simply so that I was not staring into someone's face for several minutes non stop. Not to catch a glimpse of what bra a girl's wearing etc!

I think some women fail to get that men can admire attributes about women e.g. their figure, their chest, and they will look briefly but it's not exactly suggesting burning desire or in your words, "sexual intent".

I also think your reason for being uncomfortable is not fully truthful as I expect you'd feel the same outside of work etc. Besides, why the hell would being in work make your breasts less attractive?! I think you'll have to become a bit more comfortable with the way that men, while not even fancying you, may still you look at you like that for a moment. How do you find being around men in general? Are many of your friends male?

But this forum really has far more men than women on it. I might ask a couple of my female friends what they think of men making sneaky glances as them or their bits, so to speak.

I see what your saying...like I can admire a nice car but it doesnt mean I want to go out and drive one....hummm

Im pretty comfortable around men really...a few male friends, and I suppose I should probably say I work in a 100% male environment...there is one other guy that makes comments to me like "looking well today", or answering the phone with "hello gorgeous" etc but this I dont take offence of as its only messing about and joking and I have to have a pretty hard shell working with men and only men and I can laugh 99% of it off but the boob starer really gets to me. Its like a step too far.

Plus he seems embarrassed when I catch him looking so why doesnt just stop looking and save me and him the shame?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Orlaithc9 wrote: »
    .........Can you tell me whats going on in his head, I mean he has a wife with a pair of her own? Why look at mine?

To paraphrase Macauley Culkin in Uncle Buck - " He's a bloke, thats his job" :P

TBH I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. If your such good friends, the next time you catch him staring tell him that no matter how much he looks at them they wont get any bigger!

You'll either have a great laugh together or he'll be so embarrassed he'll never speak to you again, problem solved :cool:

Alessandra wrote: »
    You are secretly flattered right?

Yeah I mean its nice to be noticed and admired and probably at the start I was a flattered but not anymore its uncomfortable and I dont like it.

maybe tis just wishful thinking that hes staring??? Honestly?

No seriously hes staring at them. I catch him alot and when he knows hes been caugh he goes red and quite for a moment. Guilty in my books

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Women have boobs, men like boobs.

Women look away, men look at boobs.

Stop catching him, problem solved for both of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 hem

What do train sets and breasts have in common?

They're for kids but daddy gets to play with them first...

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

You just answered your own question. Your the only female in the office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 maverick09

Big breasts are a sign of healthiness and good fertility. His animal instinct wants to mate with you. He probably doesnt want to look at them but its a natural instinct for him to do it. Its like telling a mother not to look after her young. Its just human instinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Plus he seems embarrassed when I catch him looking so why doesnt just stop looking and save me and him the shame?

He needs to make sure that they are still there obviously. He is only looking out for you.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    OP sounds sweet on him. I think she wants one of the males here to say, he's obviously in love with you, it's not as if men stare at breasts for nothing you know.

No honestly I have no interest in him in that way. Hes a nice guy granted (besides the boob staring) I just dont get why he constantly does it EVEN though he knows I catch him and it causes both of us embarrassment, surely if I did something that mad me bright cheeked I would do everything in my power not to repeat the offence??

You might have a point...but how come none of the other lads seem to do it? Am I just prehaps not catching them or is this fella just not as cunning as the rest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

You might have a point...but how come none of the other lads seem to do it? Am I just prehaps not catching them or is this fella just not as cunning as the rest?

hahahaha so weve gone from why does he do it to why dont the others do it?????:P

hahahaha so weve gone from why does he do it to why dont the others do it?????:P

lol..no I was just making a point that he seems to be the only one that does it as someone pointed out I am the only female working here and hence the only pair of boobs to look at whether they are nice or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I was the only female in mine up until a few months ago and I certainly wouldn't put up with it.

It is unprofessional in the workplace.

If you are clearly making your collegue uncomfortable by staring at her breasts all the time and doing little to control yourself then you are socially retarded and should be sent off on a course on how to conduct yourself as an adult in a working environment.

OP, it is NOT your fault. Most men know how to behave themselves, regardless of the comments you come across on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

1000% right !

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Knightfall

lol..no I was just making a point that he seems to be the only one that does it as someone pointed out I am the only female working here and hence the only pair of boobs to look at whether they are nice or not

Oh thank God Orlaith! I'm in Waterford too and up until you told me you were the only girl in the office I was wondering is it me? Is it me!!?

But its not :D

Have you seen him around other women, does he do it to them too??

A frend of mine works in an office in waterford and I know its a male domianted place and Im really wondering is it him. He only ever mentions the males names but I know one female works there. Off to text him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Only girl in the office is definitely the reason. You know how they say "office hot", like the girl may not be great but is the best looking in the office so she gets upgraded to hot. So being the only girl in the office mekes you Heidi Klum, or more accurately Bebe from Southpark and your bewbs will destroy the universe!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

• Advertisement

Knightfall wrote: »
    Oh thank God Orlaith! I'm in Waterford too and up until you told me you were the only girl in the office I was wondering is it me? Is it me!!?

But its not :D

Have you seen him around other women, does he do it to them too??

lol...no seriously hes a pure gentleman in every other way and towards any woman he meets but he just cant take his eyes outta my chest??

A frend of mine works in an office in waterford and I know its a male domianted place and Im really wondering is it him. He only ever mentions the males names but I know one female works there. Off to text him.

Its a small small world. Id be embarrassed if it was to be honest but its really getting to me like I just wanted to get some answers or explanation or solutions as to not feel so badly about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Most straight men like breasts, period

I don't like breast period... infact it sounds revolting...

Its a small small world. Id be embarrassed if it was to be honest but its really getting to me like I just wanted to get some answers or explanation or solutions as to not feel so badly about it.

Could you complain him? Or would you be too embarressed to? Im just kidding to be honest if I did know him I wouldnt direct him to this, well I would if I thought itd shame him to stop but I believe the net should be somewhat annonymous for stuff like this. Its clearly bothering you a lot if youve taken the time to write it down.

Is he a perv in any other way? And is there any way you can avoid him?
    Just saw hes ok to other women and a gent. maybe hes just staring into space? although thats totally clutching at straws.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm afraid as men, the only reason we open our eyes is to look at women.

However, he is clearly over doing the staring.

Watch out for mirrors on his shoes too...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Maybe he's looking for some 'Bitty':D

BTW do you know how heavy the average head is? Having to look at eye level is hard work, especially for us men who have bigger brains.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Knightfall

Well, while I can understand why you would feel uneasy, especially if it is as obvious as you intimate. But, to be honest it is obviously a compliment because he finds them/you attractive. I think that you should have a quiet word with him. Just say something along the lines of "I've noticed that you look at my chest a bit, in my head anyway, and its nothing personal but it does make me a bit uncomfortable so would you mind not doing it?"

Could you complain him? Or would you be too embarressed to? Im just kidding to be honest if I did know him I wouldnt direct him to this, well I would if I thought itd shame him to stop but I believe the net should be somewhat annonymous for stuff like this. Its clearly bothering you a lot if youve taken the time to write it down.

Is he a perv in any other way? And is there any way you can avoid him?
    Just saw hes ok to other women and a gent. maybe hes just staring into space? although thats totally clutching at straws.

lol...its a small - medium work place so I really wouldnt want to rock the boat and destroy the really good working relationship we have because we really do spark off each. Its impossible to avoid him as our work duties cross over alot unfortunately, but thank you for the suggestion.

Yeah nearly 100% sure he isnt staring into space...i mean if he was why would be so red faced when I catch his eyes dug into my boobs..too many times for a coincendence in afraid :(

I dunno maybe I should just say something smart and jokingly like some posters suggested...maybe then it would be out in the open and we can move on and hope he learns a lesson...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Sometime's its instinctive, and men dont actually realise they're staring until they're caught, quite embarassing, got caught few times meself without realising what I was doing. I'd say it would happen often in an environment like a work-place.

I say just mention it to him jokingly and he will try to actively restrain himself.

• Advertisement

lol...its a small - medium work place so I really wouldnt want to rock the boat and destroy the really good working relationship we have because we really do spark off each. Its impossible to avoid him as our work duties cross over alot unfortunately, but thank you for the suggestion.

Yeah nearly 100% sure he isnt staring into space...i mean if he was why would be so red faced when I catch his eyes dug into my boobs..too many times for a coincendence in afraid :(

I dunno maybe I should just say something smart and jokingly like some posters suggested...maybe then it would be out in the open and we can move on and hope he learns a lesson...

I guess you could just say "what is there toothpaste on my top or something" and then go what are you staring at you have me all paranoid??

Advertisement