Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do men do it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

WindSock wrote: »
    Well then. When you go into work in the morning stand with your boobs about a foot away at eye level to him and tell him to get his whole days dosage in 2 minutes.

Or...

Stick a post-it on each one with a drawing of a cock and balls.

That might be misconstrued as suggested usage for the OP's boobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Well then. When you go into work in the morning stand with your boobs about a foot away at eye level to him and tell him to get his whole days dosage in 2 minutes.

Dream scenario ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

On a spin off topic i find the word boobs to be a funny word,it also seems a very child like way to refer to breasts. Maybe thats its intention i dont know but its still funny to me always brings a smile to my face much like the actual boobs themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I feel so unlucky, none of the girls in my office show any cleavage. Although one lady did wear a :eek:dress at the xmas party last year and I spent the entire night with my eyes on her bewbs and my jaw on the floor. Strangley she's one of the older women in the office (40's) and she's the foxiest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Well it's either that or go to HR and have them tell him with a caution.

You just got me thinking about the breasted lady who works in my HR department...her cautioning me could be kind of sexy

• Advertisement

One has to be vigilant in the office.

I often have to wait at the bottom of the stars for ages until there are no women around so they're not behind me going up the stairs. It's happened once or twice and I've just sensed the lascivious little jades peeling off my underpants with their eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Hey Orlaith. Small world!

Can you wear that pink top I like in tomorrow. Cheers Doll ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Rob_l wrote: »
    That might be misconstrued as suggested usage for the OP's boobs!

Ok. A photo of his ma and da then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Meh. Men can and do glance at chests on a frequent basis. Now, that doesn't mean that he has to look at it while talking to you either. That's indiscreet.

Then again, sometimes my eyes would look downwards simply so that I was not staring into someone's face for several minutes non stop. Not to catch a glimpse of what bra a girl's wearing etc!

I think some women fail to get that men can admire attributes about women e.g. their figure, their chest, and they will look briefly but it's not exactly suggesting burning desire or in your words, "sexual intent".

I also think your reason for being uncomfortable is not fully truthful as I expect you'd feel the same outside of work etc. Besides, why the hell would being in work make your breasts less attractive?! I think you'll have to become a bit more comfortable with the way that men, while not even fancying you, may still you look at you like that for a moment. How do you find being around men in general? Are many of your friends male?

But this forum really has far more men than women on it. I might ask a couple of my female friends what they think of men making sneaky glances as them or their bits, so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Orlaithc9 wrote: »
    So...theres a guy in work I get on with very well. We are both in our mid - late 20s. We work very well together and have a laugh. Hes married by the way so anything more than that is a no no plus Im in a very loving committed relationship myself.
    What has this got to do with anything? Do you think men become asexual once they're married?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

You are secretly flattered right?

Alessandra wrote: »
    You are secretly flattered right?

OP sounds sweet on him. I think she wants one of the males here to say, he's obviously in love with you, it's not as if men stare at breasts for nothing you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I have to say that if a lady has a nice rack I have extreme difficulty keeping the eyes leve during conversation. Extreme Difficulty!

stovelid wrote: »
    OP sounds sweet on him. I think she wants one of the males here to say, he's obviously in love with you, it's not as if men stare at breasts for nothing you know.

:D:D I actually think your onto something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

stovelid wrote: »
    Well if they are on display I guess he can't help himself.

As I see it if someone has nice eyes how are you not going to stare same with chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

You need to stare for an extended period to ensure they stay in the **** bank. You've got to try and find inspiration to keep things fresh.

I'm usually not to obvious but it has to be said work can be really ****ing boring so you end up scoping people out (assuming there are any about) far more than you should. Offices are generally fairly spartan, grey and monotonous looking places so it's something pleasing to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

I think the only thing that you can take away from this thread is that men like boobs and he isn't going to stop staring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

maybe I should start staring at his crotch just because its there? :D

I don't think that would deliver the result you have in mind.

maybe tis just wishful thinking that hes staring??? Honestly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

also, even if he is staring, bear in mind the concept of default hot

• Advertisement

Besides, why the hell would being in work make your breasts less attractive?! I think you'll have to become a bit more comfortable with the way that men, while not even fancying you, may still you look at you like that for a moment.

It doesn't. But the workplace is an environment where people have to control their natural urges.
    This behaviour is expected in a club or pub, not from someone you have to sit and work beside everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

It doesn't. But the workplace is an environment where people have to control their natural urges.
    This behaviour is expected in a club or pub, not from someone you have to sit and work beside everyday.

I like where this is going WindSock.

OP, you should get a trampoline for the office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Rob_l wrote: »
    On a spin off topic i find the word boobs to be a funny word,it also seems a very child like way to refer to breasts. Maybe thats its intention i dont know but its still funny to me always brings a smile to my face much like the actual boobs themselves

i still laugh like a schoolboy when i tye 80085 or 55378008 into a calculator :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

maybe I should start staring at his crotch just because its there? :D

Trust me, in his head he is doing more than staring at them! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Big Knox wrote: »
    Trust me, in his head he is doing more than staring at them! :pac:

That is not always true. I am not a boob man, but I look at boobs all the time. Because they are there, poking out at me. A woman can have the worst pair of boobs in existence, and I will still look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Orlaithc9

Hey Orlaith. Small world!

Can you wear that pink top I like in tomorrow. Cheers Doll ;)

My heart stopped there for a minute....I actually thought you were him!

My heart stopped there for a minute....I actually thought you were him!

I would have noticed if it stopped ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Give him a kitten and a puppy for Christmas and get him to promise to carry them around at all times. Then you can simply stare at them while talking to him and not even notice him ogling your baps.

Give him a kitten and a puppy for Christmas and get him to promise to carry them around at all times. Then you can simply stare at them while talking to him and not even notice him ogling your baps.

:) So you both get to stare at puppies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I just seen the thread title on the homepage and thought it was gonna be..

"why do men do it?, why do they put up with us?"

Advertisement