Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag Bastards Broke Into My House Last Night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

amacachi wrote: »
    Had you any marks on your face? You should have whether he hit you or not. Also the cops were pretty stupid to let it get to court, so many things can go wrong in an investigation.

My face was mark free when the gardai got to the house. I had about five stone on the guy, plus years of boxing experience behind me, with a little martial art experience so it was not much of a fight. He got a shot off, which was blocked, and my punch put him down.

Then I restrained him so that he could not get up, and I held him like that until the boys in blue got there.

I don't think there is much the cops could have done to stop it going to court though. Scumbag got his solicitor (one that will be well known to any Limerick posters due to his constant involvement with Limerick criminals) to take it as far as a court case, and I suppose it was done to try and get the scumbag off of the house breaking charges or done to intimidate me or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Sorry to hear about the ordeal. A basic hdd based CCTV system would not go astray to catch the f*kers, I have seen loop based systems for sale in Lidl very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

OP my comiserations, sincerely.

At kess73 just to clarify, the Gardai on arrival at your parents house after report of break in find you holding the scumbag having had to defend yourself in restraining him and they charge YOU?

Then said scumbag gets free legal aid in the prosecution of yourself!

The Gardai in question are complete ****ing idiots. The judge is worse for not doing the scumbag for wasting the court's time.

Respect the Guards want? Well done boys and girls well done..........

Much easier arrest an ordinary decent person, they don't fight back or give trouble.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭aranrn

tallus wrote: »
    Like the title says.. The Gardai just left, but my house was broken into last night they took my 32inch Samsung HD Tv and work Phone. (Nokia E51).
    They didn't even take the psu for the tv.

I **** you not when I say that my heart is still racing, I mean the bloody shock I got. The fact that someone was in my house while I slept is very very unnerving.

Just spoke to my next door neighbour and his house was done on sunday night in the exact same manner.

I swear to god I feel like doing a Padraig Nally on one of these scumbag cnuts.

You need to get some perspective on this. Posting on here with all the hysterical responses is not going to do that for you. You got burgled. Happens every day of the week. Not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

It's sickening knowing he's in court trying to get you done for assault as he was robbing your parents home.

"So Mr X, as you were in Y's living room stealing his television, sorry my mistake, stealing his parents television. You claim he assaulted you causing bodily harm is that correct ?".

Sound lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lalahoho

some bizarre stuff these scumbags rob!!!
    2 pots of my plant at the front drive were stolen this summer. they need at least 2 men to carry and would only fit in to a van.
    just cant understand why?!

OP my comiserations, sincerely.

At kess73 just to clarify, the Gardai on arrival at your parents house after report of break in find you holding the scumbag having had to defend yourself in restraining him and they charge YOU?

Then said scumbag gets free legal aid in the prosecution of yourself!

The Gardai in question are complete ****ing idiots. The judge is worse for not doing the scumbag for wasting the court's time.

Respect the Guards want? Well done boys and girls well done..........

Much easier arrest an ordinary decent person, they don't fight back or give trouble.........

The gardai on the spot did not charge me with anything. They took the scumbag away.

The next thing that I knew about the incident was when a solicitor's letter arrived, and it escalated from there.

I am no great fan of the Gardai in general, but in this case I cannot blame those that arrived on the night as they did their job once they arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Thankfully, no-one was hurt.
    I disagree. Pity the scummers that did it didnt catch their bollix on the garden fence or trip as they were leaving and smash their face off the pavement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

aranrn wrote: »
    You need to get some perspective on this. Posting on here with all the hysterical responses is not going to do that for you. You got burgled. Happens every day of the week. Not the end of the world.

Oh thanks so because that makes me feel so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Fair enough i stand corrected.

But how the scumbag got free legal aid to persue a civil suit is crazy!

Jaysus should you have just let him walk out with everything your folks own?

Did the judge pass any comment at all in your favour?

Sorry if it's too personal but i really feel for you as i would have struggled to be restrained as you were.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Kess73 wrote: »
    He went to press for assault charges on me. Punches were thrown, but by the two of us, and he came off second best.
    :D

And the Gardai took that seriously? "I was assaulted while innocently walking through someone else's house."

Complete waste of time. The correct official response is a hearty laugh.

Sizzler wrote: »
    Pity the scummers that did it didnt catch their bollix on the garden fence or trip as they were leaving and smash their face off the pavement.
    I'd say they'd definitely sue for that. Dirt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭aranrn

Oh thanks so because that makes me feel so much better.

Acceptance is the first stage of the healing process. You're probably still in a bit of shock but it will get better. I promise you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

aranrn wrote: »

Quit trolling.

Fair enough i stand corrected.

But how the scumbag got free legal aid to persue a civil suit is crazy!

Jaysus should you have just let him walk out with everything your folks own?

Did the judge pass any comment at all in your favour?

Sorry if it's too personal but i really feel for you as i would have struggled to be restrained as you were.

I was frustrated and angry as hell about it at the time, but me going into a court ranting and raving would have done me no good.

In the end it went against the scumbag in court, so in that sense I was vindicated of the lie he told.

If you mean I was restrained in how I acted on the night, maybe I was a bit, but all that was in my mind was to get between my parents and whoever was in their house. The scumbag went down quite easily once hit, so there was no point hammering him and making his life easier or drawing more scum onto my parents.

From my own experiences most of these scum are cowards anyway, once they are put in a one to one situation they lose their backbones and suffer serious ball shrinkage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 arosair

While i hate to advocate getting a living creature for the sole purpose of protecting your home, I strongly reccommend you get yourslef a dog mate.
    I have two myself and while they are the sweetest things in the whole world noone would dare enter my house at night,
    Even the softest dobermann in ireland still barks like a monster ;-)
    The breed doesnt matter though, even yorkies can wake the neighbours in seconds.
    when was the last time anyone heard a neighbours alarm go off and went to investigate??
    I know this is different to when your asleep cause the alarm wud at least alert yourself,
    But the best alarm is a dog.
    The pound has hundreds every week needing new homes.
    Youd be very surprised how gratefull a dog can be in return for a family,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Nozebleed wrote: »
    there's been a couple of scumbags trying this is springfield (tallaght) over the last few weeks..happened to neighbour of mine..about a month ago, exact same scenario. he was on his way to bed at 1am..and witnessed someone trying to force the door.

I know we all go on about how brave & tough we are here; and nobody really knows how they'd react in a situation like this until it is actually happening. But even the thoughts of that sends a shiver down my spine. I would be shitting myself if that happened to me.
    Kess73 wrote: »
    I was frustrated and angry as hell about it at the time, but me going into a court ranting and raving would have done me no good.

In the end it went against the scumbag in court, so in that sense I was vindicated of the lie he told.

If you mean I was restrained in how I acted on the night, maybe I was a bit, but all that was in my mind was to get between my parents and whoever was in their house. The scumbag went down quite easily once hit, so there was no point hammering him and making his life easier or drawing more scum onto my parents.

From my own experiences most of these scum are cowards anyway, once they are put in a one to one situation they lose their backbones and suffer serious ball shrinkage.

Exactly, they're all cowards at heart. Safety in numbers is how they manage to survive.

I remember being told before: "if a gang / group ever stops you on the street to hassle / pick a fight with you; pick out the ring leader and go at him like an animal - the rest of them will shit themselves and leggit"

This has never happened to me, and I hope it never does. Just wonder how accurate it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Like the title says.. The Gardai just left, but my house was broken into last night they took my 32inch Samsung HD Tv and work Phone. (Nokia E51).
    They didn't even take the psu for the tv.

I **** you not when I say that my heart is still racing, I mean the bloody shock I got. The fact that someone was in my house while I slept is very very unnerving.

Just spoke to my next door neighbour and his house was done on sunday night in the exact same manner.

I swear to god I feel like doing a Padraig Nally on one of these scumbag cnuts.

Don't touch anything! The Garda Forensics dude will be around in about 4 months to check for fingerprints.

I had someone break into to my flat whilst I was asleep too. He was in my bedroom and took my money from my trouser pocket and all my dvd's etc. He somehow didn't see my laptop, and didn't touch my PC or TV.

He left his hat behind which contained strands of blonde hair, and his gloves were found in the hall (I can only imagine how high this guy must have been).

The gardai turned up quite quickly, took a statement, checked for signs of forced entry and then left. I checked for updates on the case for weeks and eventually they sent out someone to check for fingerprints. He found none, and didn't bother taking the hat/hair samples away. I guess DNA testing is too expensive for them to bother using it to catch a 'harmless old burglar'.

The fact that someone is in your house while you sleep is very unnerving. Takes a while to get over that. I eventually boobytraped the doors & windows and could sleep soundly again. A good house alarm is another idea.

I remember being told before: "if a gang / group ever stops you on the street to hassle / pick a fight with you; pick out the ring leader and go at him like an animal - the rest of them will shit themselves and leggit"
    Haven't done it, but I've seen it. It worked out okay for that guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 NikkiXxX

You poor thing I hope your ok, Its happening everywhere now with the run up to xmas...Just be lucky you didnt hear them and go downstairs beacause a man I know went down and disturbed the scumbags and hit them with something as self defence and it turned out the poor owner of the house is facing jail for putting the thief in hospital:( :(.. Absolute scum I swear..Ill say one thing..Karma is a b***h!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Have had the unfortunate "privilege" of having burglars myself on two occasions. The first time was when I was living in Blackrock, sharing with two other guys. I came downstairs the next morning to find cupboards open and stuff lying about the place. Thankfully they didn't take anything and we found stuff that was taken outside. The cops reckon it was children or something. Again it was unsettling as we were in the house asleep at the time.

The second time was when I was living abroad in what I considered to be a very safe city and in a very safe area. I came home from work early one day and noticed something was up with the door. I walked in and it took a few seconds for the penny to drop and realise I had burglars. Amazingly, my laptop, phone, passport and everything was left and all they took were keys and some cash. The locks got changed and the cash they stole was from another country so wasn't of much use to me. Although your brain thinks all sorts of things. Like I wondered what would have happened had I came home a bit earlier and they'd still been there.

I was living on my own the 2nd time and it definitely freaked me out. I actually stayed elsewhere for a few nights as I was rattled and didn't feel so happy going back.

Sorry to hear that. It really makes the blood boil doesn't it? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Cabaal wrote: »
    and they didn't bother to take your PC/laptop?

that's no surprise. thieves are in and out like a flash. my house got robbed once. they stole a breadknife, an old knackered PS2 but missed €200 of oil money on the mantlepiece,

The fact that someone is in your house while you sleep is very unnerving. Takes a while to get over that.
    I hadn't thought of that. I was once burgled once, many years ago, but at least I was out of the house at the time. I think it would probably freak the missus out more than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

This made me feel a tiny bit better after I was burgled. I felt a sense of satisfaction from this, even though it was far away from me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/4272041.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

My apartment was broken into last year,
    The lil sh*te bags were disturbed by something and my neighbours saw them running down the street carrying two "TVs".
    They were actually flat screen monitors.
    This was about 9.30 in the evening on a monday.

We got home at midnight and all the lights were on.

The TV, laptop, Wii, DS etc were all in the sitting room as usual, when we opened the door to the home office it was trashed.
    They'd escaped with the two monitors and a digital camera but all the cables had been taken out of my PC and my iMac, they had obviously planned to take them too. My husbands computer had had the cables ripped out (in a hurry) damaging the case but thankfully it was fine.
    Now I know they didn't get much but I'll never get over seeing the room that way, glass everywhere from the window they'd smashed and our things just thrown around and stamped on or that sick feeling of walking in with all the lights on.
    We couldn't understand why they had apparently walked through the apartment turning on all the lights but not taking the easier things like the laptop or the DS.

We later found out that they never made it into those rooms and when the guards were called by the neighbours they had turned on all the lights.
    The oul bitch of an estate agent had refused to contact us after my neighbour rang her.

So there we were at 12 o clock, nowhere to go and with nothing to board up the window so we locked up that room and went to bed.
    At 3 o Clock I heard someone out on the balcony trying to open the broken window.
    So I went pyscho ass and started going to unlock the door, all the while roaring and shouting get the fook out of my house and screamin down the phone to the guards.

We never spent another night in the house.

This made me feel a tiny bit better after I was burgled. I felt a sense of satisfaction from this, even though it was far away from me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/4272041.stm
    A friend of mine has a setup similar to this. It emails pictures to his blackberry when movement is detected.

I know we all go on about how brave & tough we are here; and nobody really knows how they'd react in a situation like this until it is actually happening. But even the thoughts of that sends a shiver down my spine. I would be shitting myself if that happened to me.

Exactly, they're all cowards at heart. Safety in numbers is how they manage to survive.

This has never happened to me, and I hope it never does. Just wonder how accurate it is
    ?

To be honest, the best thing you could do is keep going, and just let them shout whatever they want to shout. It is not worth a knife in the back from one of the others whilst you are going at the ringleader.

Different story in my opinion if you have to defend yourself or you have to defend a loved one, but if it is only verbal hassle keep going, and if they follow try to draw attention or walk to the nearest shop or to the door of the nearest house and ring the bell.

That's my take on it anyway. I will take an awful lot of ****e towards myself, but try it with anyone that I regard as being close to me or to my dog, and logic goes out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

How are you feeling this afternoon OP? You're probably still in shock. As I think others have suggested, maybe having a friend over later to stay the night, or even for a few hours would be good for you. Chin up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

house alarm ftw

scumbags prey on the stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Very sorry to hear that. I know how it feels, tallus. Happened to me years ago when I moved into my first own home. Bastards waited till I was in work and took their time.

Count your blessings, it could've been worse. However, it'll be always difficult to shake off that feeling that your privacy had been invaded. It sucks.

On a lighter note: watch out for new electronic items ads on adverts. You'll never know ;)

Advertisement