Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag Bastards Broke Into My House Last Night

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

fags
    Someone stole your smokes?! :mad:

I knew a guy years ago and his house was burgled. They even took some cans of baked beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Rewire the TV PSU with some dodgy connections and leave it as 'poisoned' bait..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

cable842 wrote: »
    at least you still have your computer and you can still post on here.

its insured dont worry about it.

It's not really about what they took to be honest, it's about the fact that some knacker scumbag was in my house.

Frankly the insurance end of it is the last thing on my mind right now.

mikemac wrote: »
    Now I know you checked this but is the door secure?
    When we burgled a few years back the door was kicked in.
    So someone had to be be there until the tradesman arrived

Oh and the hassle we have to get the landlord to pay but that's another story

The door actually has a very good lock on it, it's one of those pvc doors where you're supposed to turn the handle upwards to lock the deadbolts in but I got out of that habit a long time back and had lapsed from doing it. My neighbour has the same door and the exact same marks where they forced entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience Tallus. I guess the only thing you can do now is to try and make your home more secure, deter them from doing it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Nothing worse, our house was robbed a few years back, my dad has installed a cctv camera though after a few breakins in the area, pretty quiet country area where the nearest neigbours were a good few hundred years away, caught the little ****ers on it breaking in, guards were useless as ever despite their faces being on there clear as day, they took my mams jewellery including her engagement ring and a few small things, but the cnuts trashed the place, opened all the wardrobes and tore all the clothes out of them, that was probably worse, knowing some scobe had his mucky hands all over our clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

krudler wrote: »
    Nothing worse, our house was robbed a few years back, my dad has installed a cctv camera though after a few breakins in the area, pretty quiet country area where the nearest neigbours were a good few hundred years away, caught the little ****ers on it breaking in, guards were useless as ever despite their faces being on there clear as day, they took my mams jewellery including her engagement ring and a few small things, but the cnuts trashed the place, opened all the wardrobes and tore all the clothes out of them, that was probably worse, knowing some scobe had his mucky hands all over our clothes

Really? Where the hell do you live? :)

krudler wrote: »

Sorry to hear about the break in, it's horrible to know some scummer has has his hands on your personal belonings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Really? Where the hell do you live? :)

Probably outside beyond the Dail, lord knows the crooks inside with no fear of being made to pay, are at it again! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

tallus wrote: »
    It's not really about what they took to be honest, it's about the fact that some knacker scumbag was in my house.

Frankly the insurance end of it is the last thing on my mind right now.

Myself and a mate's flat was robbed when we were out working nights, awful feeling!

Ended up donating almost everything in the flat that wasn't taken as the thoughts of their scumbag hands on our stuff was too much to bear :(

Hope you're ok and not too shook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

My car was broken into last week...they ****ed my radio up, took my MP3 player, all my tools for the car and a minifridge and toaster i had just bought for the place i work....they smashed the back fly window to get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 cashel girl

Someone stole your smokes?! :mad:

I knew a guy years ago and his house was burgled. They even took some cans of baked beans.

i used to buy my fags in for the week,getting 140 every payday so i didnt have to keep going to the shop for them. think there was about 80 robbed.

killswitch wrote: »
    My car was broken into last week...they ****ed my radio up, took my MP3 player, all my tools for the car and a minifridge and toaster i had just bought for the place i work....they smashed the back fly window to get in
    My missus' Da has had his van broken into a number of times and whatever tools he had in it taken. Pain in the ass when it's something that you need for your job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

tallus wrote: »
    The door actually has a very good lock on it, it's one of those pvc doors where you're supposed to turn the handle upwards to lock the deadbolts in but I got out of that habit a long time back and had lapsed from doing it. My neighbour has the same door and the exact same marks where they forced entry.

there's been a couple of scumbags trying this is springfield (tallaght) over the last few weeks..happened to neighbour of mine..about a month ago, exact same scenario. he was on his way to bed at 1am..and witnessed someone trying to force the door.

i used to buy my fags in for the week,getting 140 every payday so i didnt have to keep going to the shop for them. think there was about 80 robbed.
    This might sound trivial, but it just sounds more personal and therefore more out of order.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Baxtids. Sorry to hear that tallus, hope you're ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Its somthing that you never get over :(

Sorry about that OP

the only good thing to come out of a robbery is that you start thinking about locks on windows, doors, getting house alarm fixed, timed lighting etc. Its drilled into me now to check all windows, doors before i go out or go to bed and to set alarm. My mam used to even leave the door on the latch 24/7 in case any of use wanted to drop over :rolleyes: !!

Get the above sorted OP and I swear you will feel better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Horrible being burgled when you're in the house, happened us about 6/7 years ago. The guy who did it is dead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Sorry to hear about that OP, it must be a horrible experience. But at least you were not hurt.

My parents were broken into at night a few years ago, and they rang me after they had rang the gardai.

I was in the car and heading for their house within seconds of hearing what was happening as the robbers were still downstairs in the house making noise.

I got there before the gardai, despite being further from my parents house than the local garda station, and ended up in a bit of bother for going in and catching one of the robbers and holding onto him until the gardai arrived, as the scumbag went to press charges on me.

Kess73 wrote: »
    as the scumbag went to press charges on me.
    For what? Interfering with his right to burgle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

and ended up in a bit of bother for going in and catching one of the robbers and holding onto him until the gardai arrived, as the scumbag went to press charges on me.

That is sickening, what happened in the end ?

For what? Interfering with his right to burgle?

He went to press for assault charges on me. Punches were thrown, but by the two of us, and he came off second best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

I utterly despise Ninjas they demean the code of Bushido!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Sorry to hear tallus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

I've always wondered what was the penalty for shooting someone in the leg to immobilize them if they are burgling your home?
    Its just i worry sometimes that my granddad or granduncle wouldn't hesitate to use their guns on one of these scumbags.

He went to press for assault charges on me. Punches were thrown, but by the two of us, and he came off second best.

Course he went to press charges. Didn't get too far did he?
    Once everything you do to a burglar is to their front then there's no way you can be charged, perfectly legal.

Tallus,

It would do no harm to take Makikomi up on his offer. If memory serves right he is of similar build to myself, and just seeing him around your place could put the scum off if they pass whilst he is there.

Plus it would ease your nerves to have someone there with you for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I had a buglary a few years ago, and even though i've an alarm, the b*stards just took the back door apart and got in without setting it off. Crappy door :mad: They set off an IR in the hall though and did a runner with nothing.

I keep the kitchen door (inside the house) locked now every night.

amacachi wrote: »
    Course he went to press charges. Didn't get too far did he?
    Once everything you do to a burglar is to their front then there's no way you can be charged, perfectly legal.

It got to court, thanks to the wonderful free legal aid system that scum can avail of. The only mark on him was on his face, and I pleaded that I had only used an appropriate amount of force to defend myself and to restrain him from being a threat.

I still had to get charater references etc to plead my case, but the ones I had were pretty good as two were from the ABC where I coached and one was from a Garda who I coached once upon a time.

I go over and stay at the parent's house every Halloween though, as they had an incident at Halloween a few years later where their oil tank was set on fire. The joys of them living near a dodgy area I guess.

• Advertisement

It got to court, thanks to the wonderful free legal aid system that scum can avail of. The only mark on him was on his face, and I pleaded that I had only used an appropriate amount of force to defend myself and to restrain him from being a threat.

I still had to get charater references etc to plead my case, but the ones I had were pretty good as two were from the ABC where I coached and one was from a Garda who I coached once upon a time.

I go over and stay at the parent's house every Halloween though, as they had an incident at Halloween a few years later where their oil tank was set on fire. The joys of them living near a dodgy area I guess.

Had you any marks on your face? You should have whether he hit you or not. Also the cops were pretty stupid to let it get to court, so many things can go wrong in an investigation.

Advertisement