Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Normality of Madness"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Woundedknee.

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Runnin....

Thought you already gave that up as your new years resolution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

saturday...only got out for a 4 miler:mad:,.....4
    sunday.....only got out for a 4 miler:mad:......4
    rtd...28
    mtd..211

wednesday...first day of lent...went to a course and wat was on the menu--ham sambos and biscuits,just wat i gave up 4 bleedin lent:mad:.so had 3 smootheys and a orange juice and 2 slices of cheese wit mayo in the middle(yum).got home and did 12 happy days.......12
    rtd..29
    mtd...223

thursday....same course as yesterday ,but brought me instant porridge and a couple of weetabix for me lunch,but milled them by 11:( so was starvin by 11:30,couple of cheeseslices and coffee 4 lunch and sneaked home.did the same run as yesterday,but ran outta fuel by about 8 miles and struggled home wit a little shortcut and had a brocoli omellet wit noodles and chilli/soy sauce and 5 ryvitas and a cup of sccaldy...11
    rtd..30
    mtd...234

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

ultraman1 can's live on weetabix and ryvitas and then doing 12 milers.
    What happening to you?
    Run long time, eat long time;)

• Advertisement

sat .....gettin skinnier by the minute......did a freezin cold 10 miler around donadea park....goin to a christinin today hope the have ryvitas or crackerbread on the menu....10
    rtd..31
    mtd..244

pm ...nudder 6 as i ate some cream....6
    rtd..32
    mtd..250

monday...nice sneaki 8 around clane a few times,seems to be a mongey load of runners out and about which is good to see,,....8
    mtd..258
    rtd...33

tuesday...had pland a lsr but new washin maachine was been delivered at 11.got to do do a nice 12 around donadea and clane and clongowes and back intime to install the dam thing and do 4 days of washin:mad: everything at the same temp colors and cottons:rolleyes:.....12
    rtd..34
    mtd..270

wednesday ...meet up wit the leixlip lycra crew and id about 7 in two go's...7
    thurs ....met wit a mate and did a nice 5 in the park with knocmaroon hill thrown in and finished with a 3 cheese quiche,rocket salad,potato salad and tomatoes with feta yumyum.....5
    rtd..36
    mtd..282..

• Advertisement

friday ...met up with A.i.b. dave and did a 17 in the cold rain.me nipples are in an awful state.looked a bit gay getin me uniform on wit plasters on me rasberries and a pair of compression socks......17
    rtd..37
    mtd..299

tuesday..did a recce of the kildare half after 3 days off......14
    rtd..38
    mtd..313

wednesday..did a painful 5 due to a gansey load of mrs um2's roast spuds and a hungry day at work were all there was to ate was blue cheese and millen's smellier cheese...5
    rtd..39
    mtd..318

thursday pm...did a snappy 10 miler around naas wit AIb-dave,felt ok after dis and was lookin 4ward to a new episode of of modern family,cant have every thing....10

friday am...met up wit aquagirl at the park ran to poolbeg and back through town,lovley day for a run and was on me knees for the last mile ,but the thought of me quiche and three salads kept me goin,....14
    rtd...41
    mtd...342

sunday.....wat a day for a run....met up wit WK and a few othher dudes for a sneaki one around lucan/leixlip.nice and slow and a good bit of yaking from [EMAIL="#@>.......17"]#@>.......17[/EMAIL]+;)
    rtd..42
    mtd..359

monday....snappy 6+ around clane's big ass boardwalk and environs,its gettin cold again grrrrrrrr.....6
    rtd..43
    mtd...365

wednesday....met up wit aqua and fella and did a nice 14 miler around the park and castlenock canalways and finished wit a bit in the munich hills,no quiche and salad this time:(.....14
    rtd...44
    mtd...379

thursday...late home from work so just a 5 miler round the town in new runners and they dont semm to be the best....5
    mtd..384
    rtd...45

sunday ...nice 15 b4 breaki and the onslaught of mothers day.plus 2 hrs of roller skating to 80s music,rock on....15
    mtd..399
    rtd..46

tuesday...kids off skool early so cudnt do much...got out for 11 around donadea and felt aalrite...11
    rtd..47
    mtd...410

• Advertisement

thursday....did a sneaki 22 miler,first over 20 of the year:D.did this without any fuel or water xcept 2 fun size fudge bars.just got in b4 the rain so i dont have to hang out the washin,thid day cant get any better.off now for a 3 egg omellette with brocoli and mushroom,cottage cheese and some Bicks jalpeno relish.....22
    rtd..48
    mtd...432

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Fair play to you. Sneaky probably isn't the word for a 22 miler though.

sat....cycled 15 km around tullamore for the day....nice set up at tullamore harriers....
    sunday.....doin a sponsered walkithing wit the bin lids around donadea and ran home,legs a bit tender......7
    monday....legsstill a bit sore,did 9 around town and into cold bath as prescribed by the ultra jedi knight....never again........9

rtd..50
    mtd..448

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

thursday....did a sneaki 22 miler,first over 20 of the year:D.did this without any fuel or water xcept 2 fun size fudge bars.just got in b4 the rain so i dont have to hang out the washin,thid day cant get any better.off now for a 3 egg omellette with brocoli and mushroom,cottage cheese and some Bicks jalpeno relish.....22

22 miles and no water - You must have been gasping for a pint after that. Fudge bars ?? See lent is over for you

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

into cold bath as prescribed by the ultra jedi knight....never again........[

WK has been trying to convince me of the merits of the oul cold bath.:eek:
    i'm afraid i just can't face it yet.

jb-ski wrote: »
    WK has been trying to convince me of the merits of the oul cold bath.:eek:
    i'm afraid i just can't face it yet.

wont be doin again in a hurry....

Abhainn wrote: »
    22 miles and no water - You must have been gasping for a pint after that. Fudge bars ?? See lent is over for you
    technically fudge bars on a run arent sweets,some would call them "solid choclate nrg gels"......

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Abhainn wrote: »
    Fudge bars ?? See lent is over for you

Well spotted Abhainn! If he spent less time thinking about sweet things and more time in cold baths recovering properly he'd be in a much better place. The trick with the cold bath is to find something to distract for the 10 minutes - have you tried singing falsetto??

tuesday....did a mongey 5 around clane.......had a hot epsoms salt bath after it.......5
    rtd..51
    mtd...453

• Advertisement

lecheile wrote: »
    If he spent more time in cold baths he'd be in a much better place.QUOTE]

,but id never be able to wear lycra shorts again......though i could enter the kildare ladies road race...

Advertisement