Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Normality of Madness"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

a sneaki 3.5 hr run to finish the year :eek: Your definition of sneaky is different that the rest of us methinks. Many happy returns mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Happy new year ultraman. Your log is brilliant. Hope to see more of it in 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

sunday3rd....drove to donadea to do a few miles.put on "live at reading" on the ipod and off i went,did a 3.5 loop before it started to get too dark to drive home and then on to a nice dinner and listen to all the hulabuloo about a game of overpaid fellas runnin around a field chasin a ball in foreign country blahblahblahblabbla......3.5
    ytd..1
    mtd..3.5

monday...left the trusty steed in to be fixd in naas and ran home through sallins/digby bridge anda lap of clane .did a bit of slidin and slippin,and then off 4 some cross trainin at 7up on ice,did a few "blades of glory" moves and nearly killed a few dudes from clondalkin,had to leave as me kids were embaressed..........10
    rtd..2
    mtd...13.5

tuesday...bleedin ice playin havoc wit theroadsv around here.went club trainin and did a heap o laps around the sports hall and did a beebity beepity test,got to 10.1 b4 i nearly saw me roast chicken dinner.....2(accordin to some 1s garmin)
    rtd 3
    mtd..15.5

• Advertisement

tuesday 12th ....down to page 4,must be a lazi........with the bin lids finally esconsed(sic) in school,went out for a sneaki run.managed to get 8 done before me feet froze in the slush,main roads were grand.Havent done any ting since last tuesday as i decided 2forget about goin 4 a run wen the snow came,no use gettin noyed for not goin out so did a bit of cross trainin involving makin snowmen,skiing on a USA biscuit tin,and snowball fights wit the kids and eatin.............8
    rtd...4
    mtd..23.5:eek:

wednesday....met up with the lexlip legend and did a sneaki 5 and got another barbed compliment"its great runnin wit you as u run to my (low)heart rate"..met up wit his merry band of followers and did anutha 5....10
    thursday...go stung to drive to wexford in the am and got stuck in m50 mayhem,wasdriving for 6 hrs and sittin on me arse 4 another 3hrs at a bleedin meetin.got hom and did a nice easy 5.... 5

friday...day off so out for sneaki 12 ,found this one a bit tough and got a dose of the wolf which didnt help.....12

mtd.50.5
    rtd.7.

saturday..did a handy 4 miler in donadea park,felt ok after it and am havi a couple erdinger dunkels and noodles and veg,happy days.....4
    rtd...8
    mtd....54.5

sunday am...met up with WK for a sneaki 6,he was goin 4 more ,i had 2 go to work:D.....6
    rtd..9
    mtd..60.5

get your garmin fixd:D
    rtd..9
    mtd..62

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

quick question for you... what is rtd?

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

mloc123 wrote: »

In Ultramans case, I think it stands for 'Roulades To Date' - although he does assure me that he does not use double cream in his recipe.

mloc123 wrote: »

although I suspect he pretends it stands for 'Runs To Date' ;)

lecheile wrote: »
    In Ultramans case, I think it stands for 'Roulades To Date' - although he does assure me that he does not use double cream in his recipe.
    double cream mite make the cake a little bit too heavy,id usually use a mixture of greek yoghurt,marscapone cheese and just a drop of single cream to loosen the mixture up and some vanilla pods and maybe a little bit of marsala,if none of this id mite go 4 kaluha or similar.fresh fruit would also have to go into the mix to keep it a bit tart......

monday.....mantra's back......did a sneaki one around donadea park wit dave....................4

tuesday....did anutha4 around the park.....4

wednesday....went for a hard 8 around the roads of donadea first thing dis morn....b4 lunch went to gym and did 2mile on the dreaddie and a good leg work out and a bit of rowing......10

rtd..12
    mtd..80...

thurs,,, met up wit aquagirl and did a nice run from malihide-portmarnock to some backroads and into malihide park and some more bck roads and onto the estuary and finished up the hell hills of robswall in the pissin rain..a sneaki 11 b4 work...happy days....11

friday ..did a late 4 miler around clane in the dark and i lost a half o stone this week:).not worried too much about lack of miles yet:eek:.....4
    rtd..14
    mtd..95

sunday...met up wit WK at the crack of dawn for a sneaki 7 miler at a nice pace.....7

tuesday....did a nice 12 miles around donadea and clongowes in 1:45 so very happy wit dat as i wasnt dead after it......12

rtd..16
    mtd..114.

wednesday....did a nice 4 ish with WK and the CHAIRMAN and watched them strecth and then did about 3 fter dat....7
    rtd....17
    mtd....121

saturday...did do any ting since wednesday due to 2 commitments,got out for a 10 on saturday but got the trotskis at 3.5 so just did a 7(negative splits:D)....7
    tuesday...met up wit aqua and her fella 4 a nice planned 3hr run,took in ballyfermot hill,laurances hill,memorial park hill,knocmarron hill,kyber pass and mont-pellier hill and back to the visitor center fora bit of quiche and 3salads,no choclate cake.......17

rtd..19
    mtd..145

thursday...no run on wednesday due to argument over dust with a c##t of an operations manager........thursday went out for a nice 11 on the usual route of donadea and clongowes and back 2 clane .legs felt a bit stiff affter tues run and got the mother of all blisters underneath my foot from wearin my poppy long compression socks to bed.......11
    rtd...20
    mtd...156

• Advertisement

ultraman1 wrote: »
    argument over dust with a c##t of an operations manager........
    Were you caught mixing dust in the burgers again??

lecheile wrote: »
    Were you caught mixing dust in the burgers again??
    no no ,she was sayin it was rat droppings,i said dust....

friday...just a sneaki 4 around clane....not much to report,.....4
    rtd..21
    mtd..160

saturday....went for a rumn wit mantra dave,did 4 wit him and a nutha sneaki 6...pizza and beer.ahhhhhhhhhhhh......10
    rtd..22
    mtd..170

sunday...finish up wit a nice sneaki run after dinner,thank f#xk for dancin on ice................4
    rtd...23
    mtd..174

tuesday...with dustgate still goin on,am not in the humor of runnin,so had pland an lsr today and at first hint of rain went to gyn instead,10k on the dreeddi and a good core workout and as much time in the sauna/steemroom......6
    rtd..24
    mtd...180

wednesday...went and did a nice 14 around staplestown, prosperus and firmount and back to clane, a nice few hills and the sun on me back ,doesnt get much better.......14
    rtd..25
    mtd..194

friday...sneaked offa work and did a nice run around d outside and inside of donadea park.....9 miles in 70 mins,happy wit dat now if i can get up off me arse fir a sneaki lsr today ......9
    rtd..26
    mtd...203

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Woundedknee.

What are you giving up for Lent?

• Advertisement

What are you giving up for Lent?
    Runnin....

Advertisement