Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Normality of Madness"

Options
  • 10-11-2009 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭

these were my congratulatory wosd from a fellow boardsie after the marathon,but i think they actually ring true and they have now become my new log header..so next year startin dec 1st ill be startin trainin a proper.at the moment im just takin a well earnd rest(i think) and am just going to xersize 3 times a week so two of dem done so far wit a 7.5 on sunday with woundedknee and lechile and a 3.5 mile today...im off to eat some more...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

with an honest support system like that you'll go a long way...

now if he only had a whip imagine how fast you would be.......

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

SUNGOD wrote: »
    now if he only had a whip
    Sounds like we should start a shopping list for u ultraman

(1) A long whip
    (2) A lock for the fridge

What else do we need to be ready for Dec 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

bad news and good news.....
    bad news--left runners at work:(
    good news --mrs ultraman did the shoppin:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭woundedknee

Did she buy you a new pair of runners?

sat....long day at work so just did an easi:rolleyes: 2.5 miles,so am now lookin 4ward to a few n/a erdingers and hopin my bet comes in.....2.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

hope its not france to win!! no doubt you ll be moving onto the champagne if it comes in

And what did you do today?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Jaysus you can't go wrong with this one putting all this pressure on you. :D

And what did you do today?
    nothing apart from work 4rm 7am till 7 pm....and eat ****e....88kg....

Jaysus you can't go wrong with this one putting all this pressure on you. :D
    in an earlier life he was 'mr motovatior'......and he still has all his lycra

• Advertisement

monday....2.5 miles cause i felt i had 2....and now 2 bottles of fully charged erdinger and some choc cake....Happy birthday ultraman1:D

2.5 Miles = 1 bottle without Birthday Cake. Happy Birthday and you can collect your present at 7 am on Saturday Morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

Happy Birthday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Happy birthday!

thursday....went to the pheono wit mantra dave and aquagirl..did a nice 5 miler in the pissin rain and got our new runners dirty wit a bit of xc and included those steps at the lake.finished of wit a quiche and choice of 3 salads and a nice choclate fudge cake wit xtra cream:D,couple of coffees and we even got mantra a date wit a hot nurse(check her out on face book:DA*** K***y..she a honey.........5 miles but the important thing is mantra's back.............Shake and bake

ultraman1 wrote: »
    mrs ultraman did the shoppin:D
    lookin 4ward to a few n/a erdingers
    eat ****e....88kg....
    and now 2 bottles of fully charged erdinger and some choc cake
    finished of wit a quiche and choice of 3 salads and a nice choclate fudge cake wit xtra cream

Is this a training log or food log? I'll be expecting you to collect your birthday present on Saturday morning and I've added another 'one' to make up for that xtra cream (and I'm not talking about candles)..

Is this a training log or food log? talking quote]
    am tryin to eat myself to fitness...

monday....first day of new period of training...luckily enuf its a rest day :Dbut mite squeese a 3mile walk wit d dog.........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Just saw route for Dingle ultra. You better keep eating to fatten up for it :D

mite not be around for that one:(

• Advertisement

tuesday....had planned a 3 miler tonite as i was mindin d bin lids all day due to the strike.go public sector!!!..but the aforementioned went to stay wit their friends for the afternoon,somthing about im not cool enuf:confused:.so dusted off the lycra ,look out the window,not rainin great ,out the door,Rainin:confused:.planned asneaki 4 miler but pushed on to 6 and a bit in just under an hour and just as i turned the key in door it stopped raining...happy enuf wit the first trainin run, goin to relax and look at "runnin the sahara" bout 3 dudes runnin for 111 days..........6 and a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

tuesday....had planned a 3 miler tonite as i was mindin d bin lids all day due to the strike.go public sector!!!..but the aforementioned went to stay wit their friends for the afternoon,somthing about im not cool enuf:confused:.so dusted off the lycra ,look out the window,not rainin great ,out the door,Rainin:confused:.planned asneaki 4 miler but pushed on to 6 and a bit in just under an hour and just as i turned the key in door it stopped raining...happy enuf wit the first trainin run, goin to relax and look at "runnin the sahara" bout 3 dudes runnin for 111 days..........6 and a bit

So that's the new plan....go for a 6 mile run then spend the rest of the afternoon with your feet up drinking tea and eating chocolate biscuits while watching a dvd of some other lads running.

Sounds like this ultrarunning lark is a doddle :D

one of the lads just said ultrarunnin is 90% mental and the other 10% is mental so i think ill give up trainin and just race:D....

Are you sure he didn't say Ultraman is 90% mental? Switch off the DVD and get back out for another few miles while you have the chance.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Are you sure he didn't say Ultraman is 90% mental?
    *Only* 90%? :eek:

wed ...did the same 6 as yesterday and felt better and knocked 10 mins off yesterdays time(must of been crap yesterday).lookin forward to 2mros 6 in the park.out now fora walk wit jessifer the devil dog......6

thursday...met wit aquagirl and Pmcg for xc in the park.did about 7 dat was very enjoyable ,put in a few hills.dont know wat all the fuss is about kyber pass....its down hill all the way.finished wit a vegtable tart and they even changed the choice of salads from last week.went for the spud in mayo+ the tomato and feta+ in honor of raw foodism had the cauliflour and brocoli salad, finished off wit sticki toffee pud just wit small bit of cream,i am trainin after all:D..........7

saturday ...met up wit d club for a nice 5 miler in d freezin cold.felt a bit tired but kept up a good pace as i couldnt talk but that mite have summit to do wit last nites guinness .finished up wit a coffee, a hot chocklat.bit of brown bread and a sausi sambo.......5

friday....after much baiting and comment by so called friends and collegues about my new voluptious frame and genenal tardiness.i finally got out for a 4 miler,i didnt feel great but that was probably sumting to do with mrs uman1's delicious curry with jasmine rice finished with coriander,fresh chillies,ginger and a smidgen of coconut milk and for afters a nice lite vanilla panna cotta with heap of ice cream smothered in hundreds and thousands..........................................4

• Advertisement

sunday....after wakin up with mrs ultraman as she went to work with the night b4s musuc still ring in my ears from her club doo.a 5 course meal, fit for a king was promised,but mty taste buds were let down ,from chicken vol-a-vont that was a stodgy to tastless tuurkeey and ham that was short two slices of gravey,to the bought in xmas pudding wit brandy anglaise wit no brandy(though i did need two portions to fully assertain this).but at least the 70s/80s DJ was good......iI was off to meet two boards anti-heros and their merry band of men in tights for what was supposed to be a sneaki 10 miler but turned out to be a 12.luckily i was at the back,for them, as the two aformentioned pices of pudding were workin there magic.was wrecked at the end but at least its started............................12

Advertisement