Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a 4 night stay for 5 in a Lightkeepers house [COMPETITION CLOSED]

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 geraldino

Just watch me beam with delight as I snuggle down safe and sound in a beautiful historic house restored with love.
    I too will feel restored and lighthearted after my stay in the wild and lovely Clare - as I discover its unique landmarks, heritage, music and friendly people. Please include me in the Clare Set!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…
    I could do with a break from living in a windmill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Ever since i was a wee lad i always dreamed of been a light-house keeper as my father was before me and hes father before him.You could say it is in our blood or you could say that we are just attracted to the bright light.As we are in now in recessional times i think now is my time for a change of career from bee/gate keeper (as close as i could get to been a light-house keeper) to king of the gaint lamp,guider of lost ships,dazzler of unexpected eyes.Grant me my wish and let this old sea dog rest hes weary bones.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I've loved lighthouses since I was a kid, and I recently failed to buy the lighthouse on Godrevy Island at auction....... (link here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8146986.stm ) A few days in Loop Head Lighthouse, would be my dream come true.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because...

I'm a big kid who read too many Famous Five books when little and want to go stay in a lighthouse and watch out for smugglers. I'm sure I'd catch some as well and I'd distribute all the contraband fairly and squarely among boardsies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭DaveTwenty7

I need to relax after my crazy year
    Jan Got engaged
    Feb Crashed my car
    Mar Changed jobs
    April New car broken into and camera with engagement photos stolen :mad:
    May Got married (5weeks to organise it)
    June Partner got Glandular fever
    July Had to sell 4 Oxegen tickets and VIP camping tickets for a loss of €750 due to my partner being ill (and our friends not wanting to without us- thanks for the Loyalty but cash is also my friend :rolleyes:)
    Aug Booked a short break to Clare but had to cancel as Father in Law got very ill (reason for short engegement)
    Sept Partners Job contract expired
    Oct Father in Law passed away
    Nov 10th anniversery of my Dads death
    Dec THE BUDGET ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 chillum

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I alrready look like a lighthouse keeper, and if they like me I might get a job out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bluevoice

I play music, and I have always wanted to record an album called 'the lighthouse sessions'. This is where I would start...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 laobhaoise

I have a friend, aged 33, who has never seen the sea. This is indecent. The man needs to lose his Sea Virginity, pronto.

Let’s free him from his landlocked affliction and expose him to the full force of the Atlantic.

Because for a deflowering operation of this calibre, your Costa del So-So just won’t cut it. Bring in the big boys.

P.S. Priceless reaction shots will be posted here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Thank you all so much for your entries, for your creativity and for your efforts.

I'm closing this competition now and sending it over to Fáilte Ireland for judging. When they get back to me with a winner, I'll let you know!

Thanks so much

Darragh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hey folks,

On Friday Fáilte Ireland were in touch to let us know who they'd chosen as the winner for the competition.

Congratulations to jeffs/xerosun who wrote the following
    I would love to stay at this gorgeous lighthouse because, many years ago my grandfather was a lighthouse keeper in South Stack, Hollyhead North Wales. He told me many great stories about the rough seas and shipwrecks and the life he had out there. It would be great for me to cal him and say "guess what?" Unfortunately he is too old and unfit to experience this again, but I would love to be able to have a wee taste of what it was like for him. Many thanks, Gareth.

Fáilte Ireland will be in touch to arrange the prize with you jeffs/xerosun. Hope you'll post more on the site and come back to let us know how you got on!

Thanks

Darragh

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Cool!
    Take a few pics for the rest of us.
    Well done jeffs/xerosun!

Advertisement