Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a 4 night stay for 5 in a Lightkeepers house [COMPETITION CLOSED]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

I don't want to stay in a lighthouse...but with my bad look i'l probably win it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

I want to go with Clare and stay with a Looper Head Lightkeeper because it might help my dyslexia.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭squelly

I want to go with Clare and stay with a Looper Head Lightkeeper because......Because? just look at the photos, its a storybook setting an ideal location for escaping the rat race, to relax and unwind with good company and live off the clock for a few days.....heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lushballs

I want to go to Clare and stay in Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because...........of the great craic & once in a life time experience I would have with 4 of my friends in this awe inspiring setting..............

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

I want to go with Clare and stay with a Looper Head Lightkeeper because...... when i was a kid my favorite T.V show was Round The Twist! I always wanted to live in a lighthouse! I didn't know there was any like it in Ireland.. I always used to bug my parents and ask if we could live in one :P
    And, im a student photographer and would love to stay there for 4 days and explore it and take some amazing pictures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I want to go to Clare and stay in Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because... I have aspirations 0f becoming a light house keeper and my friends like drinking in weird places.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…
    I'm a widowed father of three children, my name is Tony Twist, and the last time I lived in a lighthouse, our adventures were so much fun that they made a hit tv show called 'round the twist' about us. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because hopefully it doesn't have an internet connection and it will stop me from dicking around on Boards trolling conspiracy theorists and do something more constructive instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I have never been there - and now I want to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…my mam was let go recently so if i win i can pack her ,the step dad and the two youngest and my self off on a nice break to help cheep her up:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

I want to go to Clare and stay in Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because... believe it or not, I do have an Old English sheepdog called sprocket, and I reckon that when I find those crazy Fraggles, I could generate lods of new tourism opportunities by targeting the all things retro forum;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because I might just win some major brownie points with my boyfriend and be out of the doghouse sometime soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I could do with a nice little break...I have fun everytime I get away... And then when I get back I will stick up all my glorious photos on facebook to make my friends jealous... I will even stick some of the scenery pictures up on boards to let everyone know what they are missing...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 kaos1979

I have had a very hard last 15 months, lost my job, my wife is very ill since having our beautiful son. I feel that it would be a fantastic oppertunity to rediscover a beautiful area of Ireland. For too long we are all jetting off to other countries and most of the time we have exactly what we need right here on our beautiful Island. So please give me the oppertunity to Rediscover Ireland !. If we as Irish people rediscover Ireland when then can tell others.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I would love the opportunity to rediscover some of Clare's hidden history and heritage, to experience the atmosphere of living in a traditional Irish lighthouse, as well as the prospect of witnessing some of Ireland's fauna in its natural habitat.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kabuk1

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I've now lived in Ireland for 2 years and haven't seen much of it. I haven't had the funds to explore the different sites and would love to a real taste of Ireland (experience life outside of Dublin). I thirst for culture and history and would love the chance to explore this in Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…My husband and I were planning to celebrate our First Wedding Anniversary on October 9th with a walking holiday in Co Clare but the day before we were due to go my lovely Mother-in-Law had a heart attack and we ended up spending our anniversary at her bedside in a hospital in England, my poor hubby collapsed with the stress of it all and ended up in the same hospital as his Mum. Thank God they're both fine and fully recovered now but I'd love to have a better memory of how we celebrated our First Wedding Anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because...

My wife has never seen Dolphins in the wild and she would love to get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

there I might find my sanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 alipackers

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… who wouldnt!! look at it! Its epic.
    Plus I'm a mature student who needs a break and I cent afford to pay to go on my student funds!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Westdogg

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…I want to make a batman symbol and shine it up to the heavens in the hope that the dark aveneger can save us from the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

since i was a young boy i have been fascinated with the reality tv show round the twist and feel my calling has been answered in this competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zj0QMqPgAY

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I got turned away from the Howth and Mizen lighthouses and they seem like a nicer bunch down at the Loop :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…..
    To stay in a lighthouse would be the nuts
    of that there's no doubts, no ifs or buts
    I'd drink hot whiskey and stare at the sea
    please boards.ie, please pick me!!

Cringe...how lame:/

Just pick me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because....I havnt had a holiday from a very tough job (outreach work) in years!
    I cant fly, so I love travelling around Ireland, and would love to treat my friends to such a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…I entered this to win not lose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'd love to show my children what a lighthouse is before they're all gone. Actually screw that - I just want a free holiday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because.....,for me, a lighthouse represents the potential in all of us. They shine.
    They shine without thinking, without fanfare, without effort...just as all of us are entitled to do.

Winning this would give me the opportunity to share this potential with those closest to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Tony46

I want to go to Clare and stay in loophead lighthouse to watch the raw power of the atlantic waves crashing against the rocks while listening to some christmas music and drinking hot whiskeys with friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because it's always had a bit of a fascination with lighthouses! To stay in one as nice as Loop Head, with friends, and in the beautiful surroundings of County Clare would be the icing on the cake.

Advertisement