Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a 4 night stay for 5 in a Lightkeepers house [COMPETITION CLOSED]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because I want to have a good ole catch up with friends by the fire, followed by a day on the coast to blow away the cobwebs from the night before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 simoener

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…
    I'm in Ireland for 1 1/2 years now and I've seen almost nothing of this beautiful country because my mean professor always keeps me working to finish my PhD in time. This would be a brilliant opportunity to escape for a week and spent some real quality time with my closest friends here in Ireland and my boyfriend who I barely see at the moment because he's so far away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I figure, what better place to stage some sort of elaborate prank/horror scene, and scare the hell out of my friends while they're in total isolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Little_miss_syn

i wanna sing the "i wanna marry a lighthouse keeper" song!!!!! If I do it in an actual lighthouse it seems more real :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rgunning

I've been holidaying abroad for years, but have now seen the light!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ethnakarie

it looks like a scene in a film, amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭twentysomething

it looks epic and who wouldn't want to stay there!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…well because it looks really nice and I think I'd be just fantastic like everyone else who entered the competition thinks. As far as making my entry stand out from the crowd, well, it's the only one I made, so that makes it unique. Plus, it's my 289th post, and that's probably exactly the same number of stairs that are in the lighthouse! Imagine that!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SandStone

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… it's easy to find your way back to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 melb2

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because... I would love to treat my husband to such a wonderful break. We are expecting our second baby in March, I'm currently on a four day week, my husband was let go last year just before our wedding so we had to postpone any honeymoon. This would be an ideal honeymoon replacement and rest for us before March!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭samsausage

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…it's the perfect place to get away from it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭neil_purdy

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…. i have 85 gallons of white Dulux exterior emulsion and a shaggy sheepdog just lying around...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭snowfinch

I want to go to Clare and stay in Loop Head Lightkeeper's House becuase...

I want to sit within a blaze of light, next to the brilliant kernel of the night. I want to hear the surf break and roar, below along the moonlit shore. Relaxing with friends at the Lightkeeper's seat, there is nothing in the world that could have it beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because... I simply would not be able to afford to thank my parents for being so good to me in such a great way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…I wanna climb to the top and ward off those stray ships !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 martinaL

Because I am 5 months pregnant now,have been put on a two day week in work and fear this may be my only holiday for the next 5 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 scatriona

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because......
    A trip away is what I need, and why not stay local, indeed?
    Looks like the folks at the Landmark Trust, have made this comp into a ‘must’!
    From East coast to west I’d happily go, with friends and family of course in tow.........

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… The craic would be almightly! Plus staying on one of Ireland's many untouched landscapes, see the sun set across the horizon would be magical to spend it with your closest and dearest friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because...
    I can make sure we have no run-ins with jaws,
    And look out at the sky and keep watch for Santa Claus,
    Maybe get some inspiration for some new poetry, cos this certainly has some flaws,
    For a moment, let's pause, now how about a round of applause!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pacman.podge

i want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… when i was a kid my dream job was to be a lighthouse keeper! my friends laughed when i told them this so i wanna prove to them how cool it would be :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 helsug

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Light Keepers House because I want to take my family for a true family experience.My son in law lost his job recently and is now in College doing a degree in history.My youngest son is doing transition year and is so into Irish history too. Iwould just love to spend time exploring clare with my family all five of us son,daugher, son in law and wonderful husband of 37 years as we haven't all ever been on a holiday together before. There is a fifteen year gap between daughter and son and it would be a unique family experience for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've always wanted to be a member of the Lighthouse Family.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭draven3410

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I would love to stay in a lighthouse, breathe in the salty air, pretend to be a lightkeeper in days gone by, watch the seas with a salty glare. Basically, a change from the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I'd finally like to test the ultimate question about how many Irishmen it takes to change a lightbulb. My theory is four.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Gone Fishin

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…I want to win this for my Dad. He is the most honest, hardworking, upfront, helpful family man I have ever met in my life and it has been a pleasure to have been brought up by him. Also 8 weeks ago, his brother passed away, the day after my wedding and just yesterday his brother in law, passed away too. I just wanted to remind him of how inportant he is to our family and what he means to us. Hopefully, a stay in Loop Head Lightkeepers house will reinvigorate his zest for life and recharge his spirit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

It looks really nice and very peaceful. My girlfriend and I could really do with a break from always being in the city. We've been feeling quite frazzled for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… Im always visiting the Galley Head one and feel like a change of scenery

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because I'm afraid of lighthouses and wish to get over my fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

I always wanted to be a lighthousekeeper, I imagined my self safe in my watery realm, as the waves crashed in vain about my granite built fastness.
    However it wasn't to be because they automated the lighthouses and abolished this ancient profession, if I win the competition it would allow me for a little while to live my boyhood dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… i never win any of these boards.ie competitions :-(

Advertisement