Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a 4 night stay for 5 in a Lightkeepers house [COMPETITION CLOSED]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 high society

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I'm old and I want to "sea" if I "view" life from a different angle, will it make me see the "light"? Aw, com'on, at least I tried!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Chuckchuck

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… it`s the closest to BLISS I`ve seen in a long time...ahhhhhh waves lapping, relaxation and a chance to slow the pace and discover Ireland at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭EmerBaggott

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because as a newly married couple my husband & I could really do with a little honeymoon, it would finish off everything beautifully for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because.. we stayed in Wicklow head lighthouse a few years ago and it was a magical experience which we'd love to repeat but this time in the West. Bit by bit we'll tick off the Landmark Trust sites on our to do list.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kopijacked

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because I want to discover Ireland with discover Ireland.

You see what I did there:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…

i want to experience the euphoric rush of being at the mercy of the irish elements while snuggling up in a cosy traditional cottage.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 artcrit

I want to go to Clare and stay in Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… 'it's a long long way from Clare to here'...... we would have late night sing songs and early morning huge fries , we could run wild, shriek like gulls, picnic on the cliffs and watch the sun go down on the atlantic ocean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nifdy

The lighthouse looks is beautiful, bottle-nose dolphins swim free while I'm stuck here in Dublin paying stupid college fees,
    The scenery is wild, the air so fresh and from these media books I really would like a rest!
    The stormy Clare beaches I long to explore and view the "high rocky slopes", as described by Christy Moore
    I haven't seen a Clare pub since I was a nipper and I'd love to catch my own fish, instead of going to the chipper!
    The Atlantic sea breeze, the chill of the water, is what I feel my soul has been seeking after,
    To sit in a snug enjoying sea food chowder, while the wind at the door is gently whistling louder
    The wild goats and hares would be great to photograph while seal watching in a kayak would be some laugh!
    Surfing the waves seems like fun to me, aswell as snorkelling or diving in Lahinch or Kilkee
    As an unborn child I was at the Cliffs of Moher but I'd love to see them now as a conscious being, and eighteen years older
    I have to admit, a fan of birds I am not, but shall I win I will give Peninsula bird watching a shot!
    At the moment I am in depth with a cousin of mine whom I owe a night out to but I haven't got dime!
    But what better way to repay someone dear, than with an adventure in the wild west of Clare!
    If I do win this competition it would mean alot to me, to make some new, great memories while escaping reality
    And to you, the "decider", I would be forever grateful, for noticing my entry and not regarding it as wasteful.

Nifdy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭BirrDude

There are many of us who often feel the need to treat our friends to a fantastic surprise such as this, but do not have the necessary means to do so. I have four friends in particular who have been through the wars of late as a family and could really do with the break....

And I want to murder them....so it would be a conveniently isolated location....

Think of the great publicity it would bring!! And of course the tourist trade for such locations would inevitably gain that extra spooky lure.... 'The Loop Head Decapitator' and such....

However, without bringing murder in to the equation, I know of four siblings who really deserve this break but don't have the necessary funds to make it a reality....

So please spare a thought for those great headlines, and of course the four unfortunate souls who wont have any christmas this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

My girlfriend lives in France during the year, I can't afford to visit her, and she comes back in January for a few weeks and I could not afford to take her on holiday. She asked me if I would take her for a walk by the sea at christmas. This would be an order of magnitude more memorable for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 dancing_d

There are moments in life that define you
    moments that set you free
    when your heart fills up to bursting point
    and your eyes see all they can see

not many of such moments come
    too lost in the noise of life
    too hard to shake the racing rats
    too lost in thoughts of strife

five of us could have such moments
    in the wilds of County Clare
    we could lose ourselves in laughter
    and leave our echo there

so pick me to light the seas a while
    and cheer my weary friends
    they all could do with such moments
    and the escape the lighthouse lends.....

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JB.

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because... My father and mother deserve a break from their average lives.My father deserves to go as he has serious lung problems from working in the coal mines, arthritis in both his feet and has just been diagnosed with raynauds phenomenon.My mother deserves to go because she is recovering from cancer,depression and alcoholism and is struggling coming to terms with the fact that she needs to go out and live the life she had with her friends again.

I don't need to go,they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭papachango

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because.....
    I am afraid of the dark!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because.....I've been trying to explain to my friends how great boards.ie is. When I bring them to share in this prize, they will be converted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…i've never been to clare before and its some where where i'd love to go...and seen as none of my friends went on any hol this year and i think they deserve a break!!! It would be nice to be the one to give them that break just before all the college exams!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I am a lighthouse keeper who lost my job in this stupid recession, I'm having withdrawl symptoms and my new neighbours are getting really annoyed at me for shining massive lights out my windows every night.....4 days of respite and a chance to say goodbye to my profession properly, just what the doctor ordered....literaly....no seriously, you can ask him if you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

Whats your docs number so i can ring them there???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pigglywink

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because its looks class :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 arr me hearties

Yarr! I am but a lonely sea-captain who hates the sea and everything in it. Why, if I had but a lighthouse for a day...I would "ho ho ho and a bottle of rum" all night long (baby!)

Yarr.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I could treat my lovely boyfriend who worked so hard all year in college and our lovely friends on a break they deserve and possibly can't afford right now, plus I might pass my driving test in two weeks and a trip like this would be the icing on the cake for me!

PLus! I love storms and it's be mad scary if there was one there..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… huge flashing lights relax me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭collymcd

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… that sir, is living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Townlad

Because I’m sick of been made look into this f u u k i n monitor 14 hours a day and reading bull s h i t on the internet boards ....oh ya and it be a great place to bring three randy beauties and ride the hole of them.......what’s the crack do I win ???????????????????????????????????????????? Or was it too much for you with your morning coffee??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 The_Silverback

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I've been very stressed out lately over all the injustices in the world that I cant control such as the Lisbon Treaty, The Patriot Act, The recession, The government being paid over the top rates while they decide how to save money by taking more money away from people who can ill afford it and a million other things! If I won a trip away for 5 days in the serenity of Loop Head lighthouse, being at one with nature would help restore my faith in humanity and would help alleviate this stress and help me believe again that the world really is a beautiful place!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I'd love a chance to clear me head
    throw out the frowns and laugh instead.
    Sure doesn't matter if it pours
    when ya have the Atlantic for a floor.

There'd be whoops and hollers down the phone
    I'd be bought a pint and an ice cream cone
    The bags are packed we're on the way
    headed for the Loop Head holiday

We'd have such craic, the mates and I
    no thanks telly, we have sky...
    and dolphins, surfing, hiking, whee...
    then it's back to the lighthouse for biccies and tea.

We'd get all creative, have some tunes,
    underneath that misty moon
    All me troubles, blow away,
    chillin' in the West Clare day.

We'd watch the waves, we'd walk the cliffs
    Big hearts we'd have and spirits lift
    Yeah we'd be such a smiley group
    In the lighthouse at the Head of Loop

:):):):):)

(oh, ps, and if I win, I promise we'll have music to go with the words at the end of the hollier!) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 xfirefishx

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I really want to treat my family to something amazing before I leave Ireland as they're always treating me - and it's about time I returned the favour... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Holopimp

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…I want to marry a lighthouse keeper
    And keep him company.
    I want to marry a lighthouse keeper
    And live by the side of the sea.
    I'll polish his lamp by the light of day
    So ships at night can find their way.
    I want to marry a lighthouse keeper
    Won't that be okay!
    We'll take walks along the moonlight bay
    Maybe find a treasure too.
    I'd love living in a light house,
    HOW 'BOUT YOU?
    The dream of living in a lighthouse baby, every single day.
    The dream of living in a lighthouse,
    the white one by the bay.
    So if you want to make my dreams come true,
    You'll be a lighthouse keeper too.
    We could live in a lighthouse
    The white one by the bay,hey hey.
    Won't that be okay.
    Yada tada ta ta ta.

The words are not mine, but the sentiment is.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because I have had a crap year and my missus and I have not had a holiday for seven years.I can prove this. Please give it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 decale

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because...I am his Missus and can confirm that it's actually 8 years since we had a holiday!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭wildsaffy

1. We just got married and could not afford a proper honeymoon
    2. My husband (eek- I love saying that) is in the construction trade and things are tough for him - would love to see him stand by the sea and breathe in the air and let all his cares drain away
    3. I haven't been well and on account of being self employed and contributing to the economy - I still after 4 months am still fighting to get help towards my medical bills
    4. The dog would love it
    5. I would take the two friends who have always given us support
    6. We would come back smiling, refreshed and ready to pick up the good fight again!

Advertisement