Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a 4 night stay for 5 in a Lightkeepers house [COMPETITION CLOSED]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jeffs/xerosun

I would love to stay at this gorgeous lighthouse because, many years ago my grandfather was a lighthouse keeper in South Stack, Hollyhead North Wales. He told me many great stories about the rough seas and shipwrecks and the life he had out there. It would be great for me to cal him and say "guess what?" Unfortunately he is too old and unfit to experience this again, but I would love to be able to have a wee taste of what it was like for him. Many thanks, Gareth.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭saffron22

It reminds me of Hook head and i've always wanted to stay in a location like this with the elements battering at the door outside. A warm fire good friends and the sea at the doorstep... what could possibly be better

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because....., I really want to be able to go to bed leaving the lights on upstairs and not feeling one bit guilty!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 royal_alchemist

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…
    Ireland has magic places that NEED to be visited, and that looks definitely in the top 10! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 omad65

the rigours of city life have gotten me down and I fell like the fresh sea breeze, inspiring views and relative isolation of a stay on Loop head would give me motivation and clarity to take on a new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shigg

The doom and gloom is driving me 'loop the loop' - to eliminate the currenly loopiness I am experiencing, what better than to spend a few days enjoying loop the loops down at the loop!!! Please keep me in the loop as to whether I've won or not! What??? I've won a few nights at the lighthouse - well, holey moley, that near 'threw me for a loop'.........!!!!!!!! Some might say I'm a little loopy!!

Please let me spend a few days at the lighthouse as I am obsessed with the sea and to sit inside looking out at the sea on a wild, west of Ireland wintry day would be heaven, listening to Sean Tyrell or Martin Hayes on the ipod....cup of barry's tea and some crackers and cheese from the Burren Smokehouse, dreaming of a white christmas and counting down the days to the Willie Week in Milltown Malbay.

PS I hope i didnt overuse 'loop'!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…with that amazing, invigorating Atlantic scenery, all the facilities and nightlife in Clare and the magnificent west coast on your doorstep it's a perfect break from the recession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clare.fannin

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because...I want to smell the sea, feel the air and hear the surf as I cuddle up to a hot drink in the Lightkeeper's house in Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…to hear the roar of waves crashing and the sound of rain dashing ,
    under blankets of stars with the salt in our hair..
    there's no more beautiful place than that of West Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I neeeed to get out of the city :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because I've never been in a lighthouse before let alone slept in one .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… Well just look at the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because
    me and my friends recently graduated from college, and I would love to tell them that we are going to be whisked away to this exclusive location. The activities, walks and other attractions available in the surrounding area are very appealing! The respite is exactly what we require after our four years hard work at college and to help us rejuvenate as we begin our full time careers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 trinitylucan

Ah-har! We're a family of pirates, just celebrated our 4 year old Jack Sparrows birthday with a full dressup pirate party and he would bust his gaiters if he got to stay in a real life lighthouse!!
    So give us a lash of your lighthouse or we'll attack and have you walk the plank!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I'd love to try a new type of self catering holiday. It looks fantastic, definitely something different from any other self catering trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… it's in Clare, standing on the cliff, and bathing in fresh sea air that I really feel my Irish roots grow and anchor me from to the Irish soil. Clare makes me feel alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 frantastic

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's house because my boyfriend recently broke up with me, I miss him like crazy and I need to get out of Dublin to clear my head. Where better to do that than Clare with a bunch of my girlfriends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

White horses cross by Loops ragged rocks,
    Fine dining and sleeping, it would make a grand doss.
    To recieve a commission to visit it's shores,
    I'd be eternally grateful to those Lights and these boards.

And of course 'tis a long, long way from Clare to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

you would be loopy not to fall hook, line and sinker for this Irish Landmark Trust property

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

...it's a long way from Clare to here, and it's an Irish Landmark -
    Trust me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 norming09

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because . . . . . every weekend I see a flashing becon from North Kerry Coast with my boyfriend in Tarbert, this would be romantic get away for my partner and I as we watch its becon from the across the bay most weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I'm in sixth year, and it stinks. The weather is rubbish, there's loads of exam pressure and I'm broke. Clare is an ideal place for watersports, which I love but don't have access to at home and which are made better by rubbish weather! My 5 days would be spent going headfirst into everything I could, while getting a break away from the dreaded exam with 4 best buds. Who doesn't want to stay in a lighthouse?! Helps for folk like us who are scared of the dark ;)
    Anyway, I should win because I'm having sixth year meltdown, I'm broke and I'm enthusiastic so I'll make the absolute most out of the trip (You can be guaranteed!) which I probably couldn't make without this competition.....
    MoherMoherMoher!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Half my genes come from lighthouse keepers
    hailed from County Cork
    and as the years went on they were stationed north.

I've only heard the stories,
    and the tales of history
    from five generations of lighthouse keepers
    whose calling was the Sea.

I'd like to to feel the rush of sea
    the taste of salty air
    and listen to the waves crash
    while I stay in lovely Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 red2d2

a) i used to watch a show called "round the twist" as a kid
    b) it looks like easily defendable position for an elite unit in the on going war against the terrors banality and boredom
    c) I really like cheese

I know you'll make the right decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

it'd be a great place to escape the Nama's, doom and gloom.
    Just get lost looking out at the beautiful sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Clare, the moment I met you, I swear
    I felt as if something somewhere
    Had happened to me
    Which I couldn't see
    But with a light like yours !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ASportingChance

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… it's simple ... I'm completely skinned trying to set up my own business in the recession and would LOVE a free break in Clare!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because I could knit, yes knit (!) in peace and quiet and my daughter would just love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Simarillion

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because......

After sailing past it so many times (it feels like days cos you can see it for miles before and after) I would love to actually see it from the other point of view, because it's such a beautiful part of the country!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pennies

I`m five months pregnant, its my birthday, my wedding anniversary, my parents wedding anniversary all on the one weekend and I want to spoil my parents and my husband can spoil me. (just the 4 of us, perfect!)

Advertisement