Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a 4 night stay for 5 in a Lightkeepers house [COMPETITION CLOSED]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…

I've been pretty hard done by over the last year. I haven't had a lot of positive things in my life lately.. if any. I've been fired, homeless, abandoned by mates when I needed them the most, dumped, had my life threatened, had (actually, still currently have) absolutely not a penny to my name. I don't have the luxury of having food to eat half the time. I just want something nice.. just once, just for a little while. The house and the setting by the sea.. it would be such an amazing escape for me, something I haven't had in well over a year, and to share it with the few people I keep close to me would make it all that much better. I love the sea, and I've never been able to see the real beauty of Ireland, not like that. The pictures nearly bring tears to my eyes because I remember how much I used to love living by the water when I lived in North America.

I need to make some happy memories again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because it's my bloody light house and nobody approved this with me. I always had a soft spot for Round the twist when I was younger. They lived in a light house. I am sure if I brought a film camera we'd get an interesting half hour out of it. I also want to sing Sailing by Rod Stewart very loudly on top of the light house. Also, just look at the place. It' bloody breathtaking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… it looks really nice tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…I'm worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SUNGSAM

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… i've got a spare 100,000 watt bulb here thats slightly too bright for my bedroom and may come in handy down there...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because...
    after 4 years of working away from home, it'd be great to round up a few pals, and reminisce on the "Good Old Days!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because I want to relive my honeymoon in Veli Rat. (And the wife still hasn't organised my trip to Ballycotton.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

"Oh, it’s a looonggg, looonggg way from Clare to heeere!"
    Though it’s not ‘getting further day by day’ (as far as I know) I need a very good excuse to get me all the way from up here (Donegal) to there.
    How about a light-house for this heavy-heart???

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kayasurf

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because, i want to use the light house to play some shadow puppets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…I am worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I want to go I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…
    my best friends have been working ridiculously hard lately and I'd love to be able to take them away for a relaxing break so we could all spend some quality time together, especially somewhere as beautiful as Loop Head. As I am currently broke with zero money this is the only way it could happen. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I live in Limerick. 'Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

...it's about time that I returned.

I was born and raised in Kilrush in west Clare. We spent many summer days on trips out to Kilkee and Loop Head. Even as a young lad I appreciated that place for the feeling of being at worlds end. I remember thinking: "This must be the furthest you can go, there's nothing out there until America". I would look to the horizon on clear days, squinting, in the hope that I might actually be able to see the statue of Liberty.

It'd be home then for jam sandwiches and a glass of milk before settling into the couch for the latest episode of Star Trek.

We moved to the midlands when I was 12 and I've only been back to Clare a handful of times, much to my shame as it is a beautiful county. I have not been to the magical light house in Loop Head since those distant Summers and it would be wonderful to see it again, especially at night time in all it's glory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

I never proposed to her because i cant get the timing right and only three months ago she showed me this very lighthouse and has a savings jar so we can go there someday and this would be a perfect way to show her what she means to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because then I could stop dreaming of living in a lighthouse.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I'm worth it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because....

Well, as a child I was fascinated by them, I loved the look and everything about them, I used to imagine being one in a storm, being so far out against the wind, rain and by the waves....

Then, a certain paint company put on an add on tv which featured this song....

It was on all the time..... ALL THE TIME!!!! It ruined them for me! Please help bring back the good thoughts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because I dont think I can take anymore of the city life

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

If I was a millionaire I would take all my friend on holiday all the time, but I'm not, but it still doesn't stop me from wanting to take my friends on holiday with me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because...not of all of the bright lights go with the big city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… I'd love to see the light keepers house and the spectacular landscape that surrounds it! I'd enjoy taking pictures of the vast and true beauty of the picturesque Clare landscape! I'd be by the water and watch the dolphins jump high, as the sun sets alongside the silhouetted lighthouse while the breeze blows in my face as I take a fabulous shot with my camera! I can just imagine it all!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭weebelly

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because it was built by the Commisioners of Irish Lights whose motto is 'In Salutem Omnium' which means 'For Everyones Safety'. So, where better to enjoy some bright light, comfort and joy in these dark days than Loop Head?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because…if I do my friends and I will record a video of us singing The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on the top of the lighthouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭carnsoreboxer

Leaving my 3 friends inside for safety reasons - I plan to bring my driver and very large bag of balls and happily practice my driving without having to continuously shout "fore"!!!! :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… Light houses are a mysterious landmark I've been fascinated with since I was a child. Would love to stay in one! :-D Also reminds me of my childhood program, going round the twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I am a lighthouse, worn by the weather and the waves.
    I keep my lamp lit, to warn the sailors on their way.

For as long as I can remember I have dreamt of living in a lighthouse or a castle. Spiral stairs leading to the light at the top with a view that could captivate and still my active, overly introspective mind. The castle dream I believe came after the lighthouse one because of the idea of secret passages and potential for being surrounded by the water of a moat. Then I grew up, but still often found myself captivated with the imagery of those towers of light.

Now the lighthouse dream is back with a vengeance. Partly, I’m sure, because I lived on an island for 3 yrs a long time ago and miss the sounds and smell of the ocean. Possibly because I am on my own now, at 30 yrs old and always having known I had the soul of an artist, even if I neglected to feed that part of me much of the time, it seems like it would be a setting that would fulfill that need and sooth my wandering spirit at the same time.

The salty sea below, the beam of guiding light above, the solitude, all this brings a sense of longing and adventure. I’m a hopeless romantic, but why wouldn’t I want to be..........

Obviously I googled "why I would like to live in a Lighthouse",

Some mental stuff out there isnt there?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

The Experience is all about location and good company, Relaxation is about hearing the world around you, and besides who hasnt wanted to pretend to be a lighthouse keeper.

Neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BigDaddyCan

I want to serenade the atlantic ocean with the song - "I'm on a boat" first thing ever morning.... oh and cos i deserve it! and so do my friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

..in these dark times I need some light in my life :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I want to go to Clare and stay in a Loop Head Lightkeeper's House because… then the priests cant corner me due to lack of corners :(

Advertisement