Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Competition Closed] Win a stay with dinner at Dublin's 5 Star Shelbourne Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Helmet

Hello there,

big fan of Chapter One. We've only been there twice but it blew us away.
    Beautiful michellin star winning food, easy going atmosphere and a lack of the pretension they could easily have adopted.
    It's a genuinely cheaper and more welcoming alternative to some of the other star-winning restaurants in Dublin.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

La Dolce Vita Trattoria in Sandyford Village. The food is always good, its cheap and its out of the way without being too far from Dublin and the staff can never seem to do enough for you.

Definately try the deserts if you do go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭fun.bobby1981

Hi,

Fav restaurant in Galway is Oscars Bistro, Lower Dominick Street in the city centre.

The menu is kept to a few (less than 10) choices for each course, but still manages to cater for all tastes.

The food is always cooked to absolute perfection & is heaven for the taste buds.

The service is always impeccable, the staff are carefully chosen by the management & are always very friendly & welcoming, but if you just want a quiet romantic dinner, they will also leave you alone, without having to be asked.

ive been there a few times & can honestly say that theres not one point I could fault it on!

Absolutely fantastic night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

My favourite restaurant in the country has to be Scoozi's in Cork City. Food, Service, Price and Staff are outstanding. Its a must for us everytime we take a trip to Cork. Jaysus, I'm starvin even thinkin about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Has to be the best - great atmosphere, helpful staff and outstanding food that leaves you salivating for more! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 mayogirlie

My fav hotel in galway has to be the galway bay in salthill. Rooms are fab, staff are so friendly - nothing is too much trouble for them to do for them. Location is second to none, right on the prom and galway city is only a short drive away.

I'd def recommend it to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭anamaria

My favourite place to eat in cork is Wagamammas.

I love the food, the atmosphere and the staff there are great. Especially if it's your first time there are you haven't got a clue what all the strange sounding things on the menu are :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sully Sunshine

Hey...

Well the best Hotel I have been to in a while has to be the Brook Lodge in Aughrim in Wicklow.... fab spot, The Strawberry Tree restaurant has all organic food which is to die for...

Then there is a spa where you can have this couples mud treatment... very different, well worth it....

I know its a common one but I love Rolys Bistro always have a great time and the food is divine, never had a bad experience yet....

Hope that helps

S:)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bearpup

Hey,

My favorite place to eat is my house :-) because I love cooking & the nicest place I have stayed is probably the Wesport Plaza Hotel
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

My favourite Hotel in Dublin is the Citywest.. might be an obvious choice but I love the layout and the facilities I'd expect as standard such as dsl broadband, tv, got a great nights sleep there and the food in the restaurant downstairs was gorgeous everytime I stayed there.

Golf looked really good too but haven't tried it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Johnnydougal

This Place located on Fade Street, Dublin 2 off Lr Georges St is fab for french cuisine.Albeit not the cheapest,you'll return.Staff,food,service is tops and outside . . . the city centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭patspost

Ballynahinch castle hotel in connemara is a lovely place to stay.
    best of luck with the web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the lady

ooh! Il Primo on Montague st, the food is gorgeous, rustic, Italian and cheap enough. They sometimes do wine & food tasting nights where their wine importer will give a talk about each of the 10 wines and 5 courses they served. Staff are nice too, and now I'm hungry!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

My favourite hotel is the Glenview in Wicklow. Its spectalular views and friendly staff are second to none... The food in the bar and restaurant are fantastic too...

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Poloman

My favourite resteraunt has to be Augustines on Washington Street.
    They have great menu (check their website www.augustines.ie i think!)and rightly priced I think for what you get. Main courses are over 20 quid but worth it. I have been there a few times and each time I knew I would go back for more! I deffo will be back again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 20carrolls

Favourite restaurant at the moment is 1014 in clontarf. Never disappoints and all in a good cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Independent Pizza Drumcondra is the best restaraunt in Dublin.
    5 star quality at 2star prices.
    It's always clean efficient and friendly.
    If I was to open a restraunt I would base it on this restraunt.
    It's just a joy to eat in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Favourite hotel in Galway is the Ardilaun...

Was there last summer for a wedding. First off the food was fab. Especially for wedding food. They had veg options and the food was cooked perfectly. the servers were also top noch, very friendly.

Secondly, when the wedding got a bit boring we went into the bar where they had a guy singing and playing guitar which turned out to be more fun than the wedding. The locals were good craic ;)

The rooms were very spacious, Which was ideal for us because the girlfriend does usually have her clothes all over the place within 10 mins of arriving :eek:

Its a great place to have a wedding, the function room was huge and never had to queue too long for a drink but also good place for a break away as its not too far from anything - Slot machines at salthill or the city centre.

Nice big carpark and local taxis come as priority when booked with reception so no waiting about.

All in all it was a really enjoyable stay apart from my girlfriend losing her ds somewhere :p

Would certainly stay there again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Favourite restaurant in Cork is Cafe Paradiso on the Western Road, top class veggie food for vegetarians and meat eaters alike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 quantumpet

My favourite restaurant, for years now, has to be O'Gradys on the Pier in Barna, Galway.

It's a delicious seafood restaurant, with a really relaxed environment and has a stunning location over looking Galway Bay only a couple of miles outside Galway City.

I recommend booking for a Sunday Lunch where a three course set menu is on offer, best place to be on a Sunday afternoon, and a walk down the pier afterwards :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 BraceFace1994

My favourite restaurant and hotel is Roundstone Hotel (Vaughans) in Roundstone, Galway. Super food at a resonable price!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

Hey...

I know its a common one but I love Rolys Bistro always have a great time and the food is divine, never had a bad experience yet....

Hope that helps

S:)

I agree with Sully Sunshine regarding Roly's - I have lost count of the number of times I have been to this restaurant since I moved to Dublin. It really is superb - every. single. time!

Nice one, Sully...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

favourite restaurant has to be indie spice in dublin.... amazing indian food, plenty to choose from on the menu and not too pricey..... great atmosphere too

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭freshfruit

I really enjoy Chakra in Greystones. Run by Jaipur
    http://jaipur.ie/location/?locate=chj

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Saagar on Harcourt St. in Dublin is a fantastic Indian Restaurant that's really reasonably priced. It's a very authentic place that has a nice, quiet and calm atmosphere. The portion sizes are very generous and the food is delightfully fragrant. I'd recommend it to anyone who is a fan of Indian food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CailinSh

Have to mention The Canal Bank on Upper Leeson Street! Amazing food and great wine list too, lovely atmosphere, fab staff - I just love it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Taureandagger

My Favourite Hotel is the Quality Hotel in Clonakilty in West Cork. The staff are sincerely helpful in any way they can, nice facilities and a buffet breakfast that is phenomenal. Also the rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean and most have balconies as well. Great base to explore West Cork from and a nice stroll into the town of Clonakilty as well. Its a lovely relaxing experience all round.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

Trocadero in Dublin - good vibe, great service from the staff, and the food is pretty sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Really like Gotham Cafe for their pizzas - cheap and cheerful and always delicious.

Overall, my favourite would have to be Chapter One - yum!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Les Freres Jacques is definitely the best restaurant in Dublin (when splashing out a bit).

Why? Great food, excellent wine, and staff who actually take the job seriously.

But most of all, it is a French restaurant in Dublin that was recommended to me by French visitors as being most authentic for French food!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement