Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheamus thread. ***most recent Raw/PPV spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'm in shock :eek: but well done Sheamus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Yokozuna was another foreign wwe champ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Yokozuna was another foreign wwe champ

Yokozuna was American

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Shocked that he won it

Well done Seamus, it is fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

In total shock and disbelief that Sheamus won!!:O
    It's f'n fantastic!!!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PRICELESS

I have to say, I never doubted that he'd beat Cena. I haven't been on boards in a while but looking back at all the posts saying "He's not going to win" or "the best he can hope for is..." makes me smirk a little.

When I said he'd be ECW Champ before the years end a lot of people scoffed but now look at him WWE Champion BY YEAR'S END.

Like Ham 'nd egger, i'd also like to say how happy I am to be able to say that I was there when he was coming up and that i was in the ring with him and wrestled him.

Well done big man. I knew you had it in ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,452 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PRICELESS wrote: »
    I have to say, I never doubted that he'd beat Cena. I haven't been on boards in a while but looking back at all the posts saying "He's not going to win" or "the best he can hope for is..." makes me smirk a little.

When I said he'd be ECW Champ before the years end a lot of people scoffed but now look at him WWE Champion BY YEAR'S END.

Like Ham 'nd egger, i'd also like to say how happy I am to be able to say that I was there when he was coming up and that i was in the ring with him and wrestled him.

Well done big man. I knew you had it in ya.

We never doubted his talent, just the writers in their ability to push someone so new over Cena, one of the top faces of the company. Lets face it, Legacy have kinda fizzled since their fued with DX, becoming Ortons henchmen again. Swagger has been really misused on Raw. CM Punk once again goes from the WHC to some random fued that doesn't matter with a midcarder.

As you can see from the messages on this thread, we're all really really glad that Sheamus won. We just didn't think the writers would LET him win

• Registered Users Posts: 36,205 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm not begrudging him...i say a huge fair f*cks to the lad.

but it is too quick. it really, really is.

he had no heat going into the match, he barely had heat during it.

and it was a sh*t enough match, with a sh*t finish.

this is not a comment on Sheamus, it's a comment on how the WWE push talent. they rely on the belt/s to get talent over, and that just won't create a star in the long run.

i hope it works out for him, and his talent comes through and makes him a lasting success, rather than a flash in the pan who got his moment too quickly.

Well I never doubted he'd win so I guess that means I had faith in the WWE Creative team on this one...wow...never thought I'd say that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Yokozuna was American
    My bad, but blame Mitchell Cole, according to him Yokozuna was the last non-American WWE champ. I thought Yoko was Japanese, ah well

Edit: Ah he was billed from japan but was born in San Francisco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    My bad, but blame Mitchell Cole, according to him Yokozuna was the last non-American WWE champ. I thought Yoko was Japanese, ah well

Edit: Ah he was billed from japan but was born in San Francisco

The lesson being that Michael Cole doesn't have a notion....

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

Fair play to Sheamus. Delighted he's taken the belt from Cena. Go on ya good thing.

One question...someone said he'd burned his bridges here...is there a story here that someone can update me on?

But again...fair play to the big man!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Well done to him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I guess Sheamus and Drew did the right thing by hooking up with HHH when they came in. Hopefully he'll actually have a title reign and not end up like Kane and jobs it back to Cena tonight.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I guess Sheamus and Drew did the right thing by hooking up with HHH when they came in. Hopefully he'll actually have a title reign and not end up like Kane and jobs it back to Cena tonight.

You know with tonight being the 3 hour Raw and all the brands being there I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Sheamus drop the belt already...yeah I have NO faith in the creative team. ;)

PRICELESS wrote: »
    You know with tonight being the 3 hour Raw and all the brands being there I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Sheamus drop the belt already...yeah I have NO faith in the creative team. ;)

When Steph came out and said she considered WWE to be a Male soap opera than i lost complete faith in creative. She hires washed up soap opera writers [if they were still any good they would still be writing soap operas] and how can we forget about hiring Mr. Sarah Michelle Gellar [Freddie Prince Jr.]

oh yeah. Its written in the stars that Sheamus is dropping the belt tonight. I hate those 24 hour reigns. Just an excuse to have Cena's title counts go up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The best thing they could do with Sheamus now is have him tell Cena he can have his rematch at RR and then have him beat somewhat credible opponents each week until then.

If he destroys Kane tonight it would be a good start. A win (even a vicious DQ) against one of DX or Big Show would be good for him too. Just continue to build him up as a legitimate monster heel and champion.

The best thing they could do with Sheamus now is have him tell Cena he can have his rematch at RR and then have him beat somewhat credible opponents each week until then.

If he destroys Kane tonight it would be a good start. A win (even a vicious DQ) against one of DX or Big Show would be good for him too. Just continue to build him up as a legitimate monster heel and champion.

That would be giving Steph and her soap opera writers alot more credit than they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    oh yeah. Its written in the stars that Sheamus is dropping the belt tonight. I hate those 24 hour reigns. Just an excuse to have Cena's title counts go up again.

I see this as nothing more than an excuse to get Cena and Orton back together again, I could be wrong but that's all I think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

This is hilarious

• Advertisement

I see this as nothing more than an excuse to get Cena and Orton back together again, I could be wrong but that's all I think it is.

You can tell they are pulling for another Orton run at the title. The sad things is we still have years to see this Cena and Orton feud. I can't imagine how played out it will be in 10 years. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 drock747

Seamus is now OUR champion and has done the irish nation proud.I've been watching Seamus for years now from his rivalries w/ Drew Galloway now Drew McIntyre to his battles w/ Eric Escobar in FCW.Some people say its too soon I say its being at the right place at the right time he won't be a flash in the pan because he has a tremendous work ethic,great mic skills and big sized guy to challenge anyone.
    Even if he does succumb the title tonight it won't b the end for him he is one of many who have a bright future along w/ kofi,ted,cody,drew among others,on another note if he is to remain champion they need to change the belt as the spinner is too tacky,bring back either the attitude era wwe title r the last wwe title before cena messed it up.

Well done Seamus you did us proud.

if they're going to bring back an old belt it needs to be the old Winged Eagle one. That belt was pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I can't help but think this will backfire in the long run. Maybe I'm being overly cynical but I don't think he has the talent or charisma to be the top guy in the company, or to get over to the degree a world champion should be. If I'm right and he doesn't get over it might really turn the WWE of pushing new guys even more.

krudler wrote: »

This is hilarious

Yeah I watched this earlier today and read all the comments. What an utter knob!!! ha ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

If there was ever something that will take us out of the recession it sn Irish World Champion. Seamus for Taoiseach.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Hes only the 3rd non US/Canadian Champion after The Iron Sheik and Andre the Giant.. thats F'N phenomenal.. well done Sheamus lad!!

Who else?
    Was his match with cena any good?

Nope.
    krudler wrote: »

This is hilarious

Haha! Do ye reckon his ma knows what kind of language he uses in her wash room?!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Who else?

Nope.

Haha! Do ye reckon his ma knows what kind of language he uses in her wash room?!

He probably had to do his lessons straight after that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Where exactly is Sheamus from in Cabra anyway or what school did he go to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Advertisement