Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheamus thread. ***most recent Raw/PPV spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

MickL wrote: »
    [/B][/COLOR]
    why did you name 3 countrys, and then a city?

Why does it matter? The point is still the same. Timbuktu is just a far cooler name than Mali.

Actually, they should have billed him from there for the laugh. If Kofi can be Jamaican why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

No matter what anybody says, this is the biggest single push since Brock Lesnar. Its a pretty big deal.

The one advantage Brock had though was that even if he was cold on the mic during his push, all he had to do was be a monster. Heyman did all the trash talking and promos.

Poor ould Sheamus is gunna have to do all this himself so its gunna be tough for someone so green (pardon the pun) to come across as a seasoned heel so early in the spotlight.

If he does manage to pull it off then he may be a major MAJOR player in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Sheamus is acutally highly rated on the mic, it is just we are use to the accent and think it sounds bad.. Scotish people cant stand Mcintyre on the Mic i think he is very good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

OMG! Ginger Seamus is gonna beat Cena!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Jayob10 wrote: »
    No matter what anybody says, this is the biggest single push since Brock Lesnar. Its a pretty big deal.

The one advantage Brock had though was that even if he was cold on the mic during his push, all he had to do was be a monster. Heyman did all the trash talking and promos.

Poor ould Sheamus is gunna have to do all this himself so its gunna be tough for someone so green (pardon the pun) to come across as a seasoned heel so early in the spotlight.

If he does manage to pull it off then he may be a major MAJOR player in my eyes.

That's a very good point Jayob. Someone to hold his hand and do some talking if needed would be very helpful, even if he's a bit of a 'lone wolf' character.

• Advertisement

Me name is Seamus and I'm frum Dooblin.

Seamus! Seamus!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just found out Sheamus is not Irish at all...he is in fact British!!! If you don't believe me, look at the Wrestling page in the Sun...remember kids, if it's in The Sun, it HAS to be true!!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/

I'm going to say now that Sheamus will beat Cena at the PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Just found out Sheamus is not Irish at all...he is in fact British!!! If you don't believe me, look at the Wrestling page in the Sun...remember kids, if it's in The Sun, it HAS to be true!!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/

Read the article there and it consistently says he's Irish.

Wrestling coverage is the only thing the Sun are half decent at.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,060 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I'm going to say now that Sheamus will beat Cena at the PPV.

What are you on? Can i have some:D
    Cena won't lose the belt till Mania and in the unlikely event of him losing it before that which should not happen, it will probably end up with Hunter or Orton.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Read the article there and it consistently says he's Irish.

Wrestling coverage is the only thing the Sun are half decent at.

I'm sure he's just taking the piss! Typical British trying to take credit for something an irishman did! :pac::pac::pac::pac: Sure wasn't he born in Cabra! :LMAO

That said though, against 'american wrestlers' we should all support wrestlers from the Six Nations :)

OH MAN there's no chance of Seamus beating Cena....but I'll be rooting for him 100% :)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

There is a chance that he could be a transitional champ for 7 weeks until the Rumble.

Cena is being lined up for Undertaker I hear so I don't see him having the title by Mania. Orton will probably have a Legacy break up which I think to me implies a Triple H Vs Shawn Michaels world title match.

I could see Sheamus getting the title just to drop it to one of DX at the Rumble while Cena goes into a full Taker program.

But that is the best case scenario for Sheamus, I don't see it happening at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

I think Cannibal is right about Cena holding the title until the Rumble. If Seamus Gets the title now there's a chance that he'll be viewed as the next Cena (IE; WWE shoving him down peoples throats) as well as devaluing the title by having a complete newby being the face of WWE, even if its only until the Rumble.

I think the best Seamus can hope for is to make a good showing and from that be given a big run in the Rumble match. They could then build him to be a winner of MITB. That way he could, with a continued Lesnar like push, be a credible champion by mid next year.

Seamus! Seamus! Seamus!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rjd2 wrote: »
    What are you on? Can i have some:D
    Cena won't lose the belt till Mania and in the unlikely event of him losing it before that which should not happen, it will probably end up with Hunter or Orton.

I never said he'd win the title though...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,205 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i must say Cena sold really well in terms of putting Sheamus over so convincingly.

i'm impressed with the fact Sheamus put the foot on top and everything at the end. it's nice to see someone whose secure in their position in the company in the top spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

I never said he'd win the title though...

Correct. But he could?

Remeber the folk you are debating with said Raw would not catch up with Smackdown within a few weeks?

Many think it has?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

wooahh Sheamus!! what part Dub is he from? anyone every see him wrestle locally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

wooahh Sheamus!! what part Dub is he from? anyone every see him wrestle locally?

Cabra i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Cabra i think

Dirty ginge!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

It has on Wiki Clonsilla, Cabra and Nrt Great Georges Street. Im only around the corner from Georges Street and its not very residential. The few people that do live there would have very deep pockets.
    Also dont think he is from Cabra, I know alot of people in that area and nobody knows of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Dancor wrote: »
    It has on Wiki Clonsilla, Cabra and Nrt Great Georges Street. Im only around the corner from Georges Street and its not very residential. The few people that do live there would have very deep pockets.
    Also dont think he is from Cabra, I know alot of people in that area and nobody knows of him.

I was in his house several times and rest assured, it was in Cabra.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Hamndegger wrote: »
    I was in his house several times and rest assured, it was in Cabra.

Cool, I belive you. Do you mind me asking where abouts in Cabra? Just curious is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Dancor wrote: »
    Cool, I belive you. Do you mind me asking where abouts in Cabra? Just curious is all.

The posh part;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

dum yanks say they cant understand sheamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

dum yanks say they cant understand sheamus

irony.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Where's Sheamus from and how did he get into wrestling? I know he got a tryout at RAW when they were over here (or UK) but had he been wrestling here for long?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Where's Sheamus from and how did he get into wrestling? I know he got a tryout at RAW when they were over here (or UK) but had he been wrestling here for long?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheamus_O'Shaunessy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Alan Rouge wrote: »

he was wrestling for IWW(irish whip wrestling). he fought mcIntyre before. they had a short fued. try Wiki

he was called SOS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheamus_O%27Shaunessy

Advertisement