Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheamus thread. ***most recent Raw/PPV spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IrelandsPatriot

My reaction, as an Irish wrestling fan, to Sheamus winning the WWE Championship

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

My reaction, as an Irish wrestling fan, to Sheamus winning the WWE Championship

fixed and moved to the SOS thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IrelandsPatriot

fixed and moved to the SOS thread
    Thanks man
    I'm new here lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Thanks man
    I'm new here lol

Good man. You were happy enough with Sheamus so you were?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I would find it hard to believe that Sheamus got the strap put on him simply because he brown-nosed HHH. I'm sure it helped but as a deciding factor? I'm not too sure about that. I reckon they probably just thought that they had a potential monster heel on their hands and wanted to fill a "gap" so to speak asap, however it hasn't worked out that way as he's failed to illicit the desired reactions from the crowd. I wouldn't say his reign has that much time left TBH.

But all the same fair play to him, personally I like what he's been doing, but the live audiences don't seem to. He deserves an element of respect, and way more than being treated as a laughing stock on the likes of Newstalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Who cares if he's brown nosing...hhh did the same thing with micheals back when he first joined and now hes set to become the ruler of wwe ha....**** that if your a rookie you want to be around the best and learn from them.....carrying bags of the establihed wrestlers is common place in wrestling....we used to ask established international guys in IWW if they needed any help with their bags and they would say no most of the time but their just happy your showing them the respect they deserve and hence would be happy to share stories and give tips....

Fair play to Shemus, he's hanging around the right people and advancing his craft....worked for HHH,worked for Batista and hopefully it will continute to work for the Irish Curse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Thanks man
    I'm new here lol

I recognise you from your youtube videos a while back. I disagree with your happiness, sir. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Anyone else read about Yoshi Tatsu apparently handing Sheamus his arse back when they roomed together in FCW?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Anyone else read about Yoshi Tatsu apparently handing Sheamus his arse back when they roomed together in FCW?

No...go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Ah, been off the net for a few weeks so I wasn't sure if it had been widely reported or not.

"There is a story going around the locker room, now that Sheamus is in he envied role as teachers’ pet so to speak. Sheamus, DiBiase and Naofumi Yamamoto (Yoshi Tatsu) were all roommates at one time in Tampa. As the story goes, Sheamus, who is a lot bigger than the other two, played big dog in the apartment and got them mad because he allegedly would use their protein shakers and not clean them. They both confronted him at the same time and he got mad, and threw Yamamoto’s shaker at him, but he caught it. Sheamus then called out Yamamoto, who is a lot smaller than him, not realizing if you’ve gone through the New Japan dojo, you’ve been taught how to fight and Yamamoto is very good with his hands and boxed. As the story goes, Yamamoto beat him up bad. When asked if it was true, Yamamoto would only say, “I just wanted to teach Sheamus a lesson in respect. Don’t mess with other peoples stuff.” Naturally the idea was for this story to get to Vince, who still has that mind set that he doesn’t want people to think his world champion got beat up in a fight (it took the creative team a long time to convince Vince to allow Batista a title run after Booker T beat him up)."

CREDIT: Wrestling Observer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Why is Sheamus taking on Orton at the rumble?

It seems odd that they would build Sheamus up as a heel and then put him against the biggest heel on RAW.

Enough fans are already cheering Orton, what are wwe going to do when they cheer him even more?

I am starting to think the WWE didn't think too far ahead when they made SOS champ.

DM-ICE wrote: »

It seems odd that they would build Sheamus up as a heel and then put him against the biggest heel on RAW.

Enough fans are already cheering Orton, what are wwe going to do when they cheer him even more?

I am starting to think the WWE didn't think too far ahead when they made SOS champ.

So Legacy can cost him his chance? And turn Ted face in the process

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think they want all the "draws" in the rumble as they feel thats what sells the PPV. This match is an afterthought really for creative.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Gerard.C wrote: »
    So Legacy can cost him his chance? And turn Ted face in the process

Good point. But they could of had ted accidently cost orton the rumble just as easy.
    Rjd2 wrote: »
    I think they want all the "draws" in the rumble as they feel thats what sells the PPV. This match is an afterthought really for creative.

That is a good point also. Is randy not a draw then?

Good point. But they could of had ted accidently cost orton the rumble just as easy.

That is a good point also. Is randy not a draw then?

Well they have to have some star power in the title matches, I mean Taker and Rey are in the SD match and they would be considered draws. :P
    Is he as big as draw as Cena? Well no not really.
    Is he as big as draw as DX? Maybe but it makes more sense for them to be in the match as their is much more stuff you can do with them in the rumble. Don't forget Dave and Jericho will be their. I mean its the perfect opportunity for Hunter to turn on HBK.
    Orotn won it last year it was unlikley he would win it again so I doubt he will be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

*Blows off dust*

Sheamus is on the poster for Extreme Rules 2010 in April

Extreme_Rules_(2010).jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

*Blows off dust*

Extreme_Rules_%282010%29.jpg

hah! Bit of green and we'd have the flag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Holy **** thats freaky looking:pac: He looks like James Hetfield from Metallica

24781_james_hetfield_20041022.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

6s5dmr.jpg

:pac:

Someone order some patriotism?

Voltwad wrote: »
    6s5dmr.jpg

:pac:

Someone order some patriotism?

Have Regal panned out behond Sheamus, THAT would be patriotism :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

So what does the future hold for our man anyway? Will he reach the summit again or was it a one hit wonder?

So what does the future hold for our man anyway? Will he reach the summit again or was it a one hit wonder?

I think they're getting cold feet towards their biggest PPV but I reckon he'l get it back early June-July.
    Anyone have that picture of him with all the limes?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I wonder if it could be a Vince test (raised up, dropped down/jobbing and see how the wrestler takes it to ensure loyalty before getting a push).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I think they're getting cold feet towards their biggest PPV but I reckon he'l get it back early June-July.

TOOMANYLIMES.gif

This one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    TOOMANYLIMES.gif

This one?

Hehehe Seamus is cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭AndywK

*Blows off dust*

Extreme_Rules_%282010%29.jpg
    That actually real?

I dunno really, hes probably going to have a high profile match with Son In Law and its still possible the duo may be added to the Batista and Cena match. Unlikely and unneeded, but it could still happen.

Overall the title reign while not groundbreaking was solid enough, the ratings didn't plummet and I can't recall any bad matches. He also proved he can hold his own when it comes ton the mic which is essential in the land of Mc Mahon.
    He got solid heat as the weeks on, nothing to match the level of Vicky, but she's in a different league compared to every heel on the roster. I can't see any reason why he won't be in the title hunt soon enough.

I have slowly came around too him as well, yes folks HE MADE ME BELIEVE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I dunno really, hes probably going to have a high profile match with Son In Law and its still possible the duo may be added to the Batista and Cena match. Unlikely and unneeded, but it could still happen.

Overall the title reign while not groundbreaking was solid enough, the ratings didn't plummet and I can't recall any bad matches. He also proved he can hold his own when it comes ton the mic which is essential in the land of Mc Mahon.
    He got solid heat as the weeks on, nothing to match the level of Vicky, but she's in a different league compared to every heel on the roster. I can't see any reason why he won't be in the title hunt soon enough.

I have slowly came around too him as well, yes folks HE MADE ME BELIEVE!

Absolutely he had a much better first title run that CM Punk or Jeff Hardy did, which says a lot..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I love Sheamus (being Irish) but WWE have not pushed him well. Generic promos and booked to look weak; I'm surprised he gets as much heat at he does.

I reckon it'll be a while before he wins another title. But for now he'll be a solidified mid-carder or above; with the chance to head back up to the main event in due time. Next title run will be great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

AndywK wrote: »
    That actually real?

Yep, it's real

http://pwinsider.com/article/45443/extreme-rules-ppv-update.html?p=1
    Sheamus will be featured on the poster for the 4/25 Extreme Rules PPV at the 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore, Maryland.
    Tickets will go on sale 3/6.

Advertisement