Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheamus thread. ***most recent Raw/PPV spoilers***

Options
  • 27-10-2009 8:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Just wondering what people think of Sheamus so far. He has moved to RAW which is a huge step up for him. Do people think he can handle this and is he ready for the main stage and flag ship show. Personally I think he needs more time but based on the powerslam interview with HHH he's doing all the right things with the right people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think its too soon. He should have held the ECW title for a while first. Plus his fued with Shelton never finished did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

he must be ticking some boxes for wwe if they feel hes ready for RAW, fair play to him, personally im not so sure if he is ready, but only time will tell in that regard

have to say though from IWW to WWE is some leap for the man

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I've been impressed with him on eCw, although I do cringe slightly whenever he's on the mic. He could make a useful member of the Raw roster, so it will be very interesting to see how he's used.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Cactus Col wrote: »
    I've been impressed with him on eCw, although I do cringe slightly whenever he's on the mic. He could make a useful member of the Raw roster, so it will be very interesting to see how he's used.

me too, but most of the americans/australians and british on other forums seem to think his mic work is good and he should get more mic time

was impressed with his display last night, in-ring he has improved a huge amount since iww

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think he has shown more than enough ability to warrant a move to RAW. However, I do think its waaaaay too soon. They should have let him get over some established ECW stars first. The only reason I can think of as to why they moved him to RAW is that they have very big plans for him.

Best of luck to him, deserves everything he has achieved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭briany

Wow yeah Sheamus on Raw. Good for him. Maybe Vince has a li'l soft spot for the Irishman. I think Sheamus has the reddest hair of anyone I've ever seen though it's close. He must dye it cause even his eyebrows are fire red! Most red headed people have light blonde type eyebrows. I suppose WWE must be telling him not to tan plus there's probably his natural inability to cause good god he is whiter than white and makes for a striking contrast. I cringe a bit too when he's on the mike but only cause the accent is so familiar, it just sounds like someone from down the road hopped the barrier and got on the mike, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I don't think he's ready, but good luck to him any. Wouldn't shock me if he's taken the spot planned for Nigel McWolfie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

rossie1977 wrote: »
    me too, but most of the americans/australians and british on other forums seem to think his mic work is good and he should get more mic time

was impressed with his display last night, in-ring he has improved a huge amount since iww

This must be the same as I feel when McIntyre is on the mic. His accent to me is cringeworthy. I am originaly from the outside of Glasgow. Like the Irish folks dancing to the Proclaimers while i find them nauseous:)

I think Seamus comes across pretty well from what i have seen. Only watched the opening segment of Raw but looking forward to seeing him later on the show.

Good luck to him.

We're saying Sheamus' accent is cringeworthy.

A Scottish person had said McIntyre's accent is cringeworthy

Italians probably put the telly on mute whenever Santino comes on :D

It was the same when Kevin Smith came to Dublin a few weeks ago. Listening to Irish people ask questions, I actually felt kind of embarrassed. Its only because, when watching wrestling/films whatever, the majority of the accents you're hearing are American, when an Irish person talks you really notice the accent

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I share the sentiments of many here with a lil surprise that he didnt atleast get pushed into the ECW main event scene before making the jump to another brand, but being brought up top Raw is obviously an indication that he is doing well both in and out of the ring in the WWE's eyes and long may that continue. I do fear he may lose out in the shuffle on Raw and only really come good afterwards but the exposure he will get on Raw should be beneficial also and he will now seem more of a star and an established entity if he were to go to SD and perhaps as anticipated face off against/Team up with Finlay or return to ECW and go for the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

First order of business for Sheamus is to murder Hornswaggle for reasons of getting rid of the troll and of course getting over as a heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

dsmythy wrote: »
    First order of business for Sheamus is to murder Hornswaggle for reasons of getting rid of the troll and of course getting over as a heel.
    We can only hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

imo its too soon for him to move he needs to be built up more on ECW and maybe given a title run but looks like being Hunter's golden boy is paying off for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

JP Liz wrote: »
    imo its too soon for him to move he needs to be built up more on ECW and maybe given a title run but looks like being Hunter's golden boy is paying off for him

I've been a bit out of the loop lately ... how is Sheamus Hunter's golden boy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Cactus Col wrote: »
    I've been a bit out of the loop lately ... how is Sheamus Hunter's golden boy?

part of a HHH interview
    Who do you regard as the next wave of headline-level talent in WWE?
    Well, C.M. Punk is obviously already on his way to becoming a big star. Jack Swagger, I like. Sheamus. Evan Bourne is very good. Kofi Kingston. They are all moving up, but slowly, which is the right way.

Finally, are you mentoring any WWE wrestler in particular? And in who, do you see the most of the young Triple H?
    The closest to me is probably Sheamus, because we always train together on the road. But I try to watch all the young guys' matches and give them advice, if they want to hear it. If they take advice to heart and really want to improve, them I am wanting to help. As for seeing some of myself in someone? Thats tough. Sheamus just the other day showed up at a show he didn't have to be at. He does whatever he's asked to do without complaining, he goes to every show and is always wanting to work: he does it all, goes above and beyond. That's what I was like.

Well currently WWE is in trouble creating future stars so they are rushing to create them now. Keep watching for new additions as mid carders step up. Vince also loves to have a top Irish wrestler .

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

Sheamus is gonna get a hell of a reaction next week in the O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Kofi Kingston must be delighted with SOS coming to Raw too, he’s been singing about him in his theme tune for two years now :D

Its funny , the last time i was at a wrestling show, i was at it with Sheamus . Now he is on the show .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Worst thing that could happen to him. He's good but he's not on the level of a Swagger or a Bourne either in terms of potential, in ring ability or overness on ECW and look where their moves to Raw got them. He's ****ed and'll be future endeavoured in a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The crowd didn't give a crap about him this week anyway.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Worst thing that could happen to him. He's good but he's not on the level of a Swagger or a Bourne either in terms of potential, in ring ability or overness on ECW and look where their moves to Raw got them. He's ****ed and'll be future endeavoured in a year

Nah, lets face it, he's one of HHH's buddies now. Even though I doubt he'll make much of an impact on Raw, I'd say he'll be moved to Smackdown in next years draft

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I think he'd benefit more from being a star in a smaller show (ECW) then being a average mid carder in a big show (RAW).

Then again if we where in the situation of getting such an offer (in our respective professional careers) I'd say it would be mighty hard to say no and wish him the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

They botched the debut really. The video package was pretty good but there was dead silence during the match cause the Raw audience aren't conditioned to expect ECW style squash matches and a lot of them don't watch ECW so probably only have the vaguest notion who Sheamus is.

They really should have had him jump someone or get the victory over someone higher on the pole than Jamie Noble rather than putting his segment out there to die. He did nothing wrong and Noble did a good job of selling that kick like death but it was just a bad way of unveiling someone on Raw.

In an ideal world he would have won the ECW title, appeared on a couple of PPV's, and then lost it before moving to Raw. I'm also shocked they didn't put him on Smackdown! to jump Finlay. Guess they have a quota of irishmen per show.

EDIT: Now I think of it, they probably should have held the debut off until the UK Raw where he would have gotten a better reaction as an Irishman in front of all the Brits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

EDIT: Now I think of it, they probably should have held the debut off until the UK Raw where he would have gotten a better reaction as an Irishman in front of all the Brits.

He would have gotten a face reaction. The British are in general really nice to the Irish whereas the Irish are pricks to them. They supported us in the 94 World Cup whereas we support whoever plays them

Bubs101 wrote: »
    He would have gotten a face reaction. The British are in general really nice to the Irish whereas the Irish are pricks to them. They supported us in the 94 World Cup whereas we support whoever plays them

Same with the Eurovision. They keep giving us 12 points, we barely give them anything.

Nah I still think its too soon. I really hopes he does well and the potential for some great matches are there, but he was doing brilliantly on ECW, be a shame to see him fade into the background on Raw

Same with the Eurovision. They keep giving us 12 points, we barely give them anything.

Nah I still think its too soon. I really hopes he does well and the potential for some great matches are there, but he was doing brilliantly on ECW, be a shame to see him fade into the background on Raw

How did Eurovision come up on the Pro Wrestling forum?
    I think he will make it over, Its a valuable asset being Triple H's protegé.
    I seriously don't see him being let go, He has the size and ability so why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Are people being sarcastic when referring to Sheamus as Triple H's "buddy" or "protégé" or "golden boy"?

Really, just because he was name-dropped in an interview means very little. For all anyone knows, he may have been the first name to come into HHH's head.

Personally, I feel that Sheamus coming onto Raw is a big mistake. The whole point of ECW should be to work through all the fine-tuning they expect, and to get over with a large portion of the audience. Neither have been achieved yet. I would have gave him at least until the Draft, then he maybe would have had a chance of not being just another guy upon his arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

He didn't just name drop him. He said he works out with him and mentors him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

He didn't just name drop him. He said he works out with him and mentors him.

All he said was, "we always train together on the road". Could well have been that Seamus was someone he wanted to name-drop because he turned up for the show he mentioned. He was hardly gonna say, "nah, I dont see anything in any of them, and can't be arsed mentoring anyone".

He also said "what big star ever laid down for me".

Advertisement