Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Aspire Revo R3600, £159.95 delivered to Ireland from Ebuyer

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

declans wrote: »
    I see this is available on amazon.com for $199.99 but with XP , My question is for anyone who has one is the Power Supply 220V compatible, I am visting family in Philadelphia next week and may buy if the power supply checks out ,
    Thanks in Advance

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-AspireRevo-AR1600-U910H-Desktop-Windows/dp/B002O3W44Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1256663267&sr=8-2

It uses the standard Acer power supply- a switching power supply which inputs either 110 or 240v.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

FWIW I ordered one around 7pm yesterday (note to self: must stop drinking at dinner :( ) and according to Google Checkout it shipped yesterday evening

Lucky you. I ordered one at around 3.30 yesterday and got the email this morning that my order had been cancelled and my money refunded. Bummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭nastysimon

I ordered today at 12 today and received notice that it had shipped at 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

It's strange that they seem to be randomly cancelling some orders..
    I ordered Saturday with google checkout, got the shipped notice yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Redisle wrote: »
    It's strange that they seem to be randomly cancelling some orders..
    I ordered Saturday with google checkout, got the shipped notice yesterday.

Strange alright, ordered mine Friday via Google Checkout and Friday evening it was marked as shipped with a 'Parcel Force' tracking number.
    Feck all tracking info though when I try to track it, only get 'Express AM'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

i ordered it again, third time lucky maybe (300 left in stock). Im getting it shipped to an address different to my billing address, would this be the problem? Still using the googlecheckout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

kerbdog wrote: »
    Strange alright, ordered mine Friday via Google Checkout and Friday evening it was marked as shipped with a 'Parcel Force' tracking number.
    Feck all tracking info though when I try to track it, only get 'Express AM'

FWIW the last item I got via Parcel force had been delivered by GLS an hour before the tracking details on the website even showed that it was in the country!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

i am trying to use Google Checkout to place an order but i cant find www.ebuyer.com on Google Checkout stores,
    any ideas what i am doing wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

philbee wrote: »
    i ordered it again, third time lucky maybe (300 left in stock). Im getting it shipped to an address different to my billing address, would this be the problem? Still using the googlecheckout.

I wonder... that's what I was trying to do. Let us know how you get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Do-more wrote: »
    FWIW the last item I got via Parcel force had been delivered by GLS an hour before the tracking details on the website even showed that it was in the country!

Fingers crossed it shows up today so :)

• Advertisement

clansman wrote: »
    i am trying to use Google Checkout to place an order but i cant find www.ebuyer.com on Google Checkout stores,
    any ideas what i am doing wrong.

Did you follow the instructions here?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Hi if I buy windows 7 for this how do I install it as it doesn't have a DVD drive?

joeperry wrote: »
    Hi if I buy windows 7 for this how do I install it as it doesn't have a DVD drive?

You'll have to copy the disc onto a memory stick or external harddrive and install from there. Or I suppose you could share a drive on another PC on your home network (assuming) and download to the desktop and install from there.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

Do-more wrote: »
    Did you follow the instructions here?

cheers for that.
    one ordered.
    hope i get it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Check this out, too

http://store.microsoft.com/Help/ISO-Tool

Or check out tomorrow's special in Aldi here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Just got this. Delivery man left it in the local shop for me so I got it a day early :)

Just unboxing now and I can confirm the keyboard and mouse are wired, not wireless. Now on to setting it up and installing some os's! This thing is seriously small!

Redisle wrote: »
    Just got this. Delivery man left it in the local shop for me so I got it a day early :)

Just unboxing now and I can confirm the keyboard and mouse are wired, not wireless. Now on to setting it up and installing some os's! This thing is seriously small!

Hmmm- mine are definetely wireless- so I guess they're shipping different versions (plus mine came with a 250Gb harddrive).

Curious.

Anyone planning on getting the external DVD burner from Aldi tomorrow?

ok, order gone through. the prob is with google checkout. They rang me from the uk to confirm the delivery address and to confirm who i was. I got the approval from ebuyer after the call :D. so it's true, third time is a charm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Got mine today too havent had a chance to open it yet be up the walls.

Anyone use linux is it ok to use might leave it rather than windows 7. Might pick up that dvd burner tomorrow and pixmania have a 23" HD monitor for around 160 i think.

• Advertisement

smccarrick wrote: »
    Hmmm- mine are definetely wireless- so I guess they're shipping different versions (plus mine came with a 250Gb harddrive).

Curious.

I got a blu ray drive from ebay last week for 85euro, its sata type connection so I'd prob have to get a case for it btu it would be a good way to go, you can have blu ray, dvd/cd burning all in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

bought one using google checkout. just wondering, how did people put their mobile number in there?had to throw in 07857 for it to actually go through. fingers crossed ill go through,

I got a blu ray drive from ebay last week for 85euro, its sata type connection so I'd prob have to get a case for it btu it would be a good way to go, you can have blu ray, dvd/cd burning all in one.

The Revo has an eSATA connection :)
    I got a SATA to eSATA cable from Marx Computers out at Marino- and did a DIY jobbie with a Bluray burner that I picked up from adverts.ie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Guys I might hold off buying windows 7 if I can use an old copy of windows xp that is already installed on my old pc.

The Revo has an eSATA connection :)
    I got a SATA to eSATA cable from Marx Computers out at Marino- and did a DIY jobbie with a Bluray burner that I picked up from adverts.ie :D

Any idea how i could manage the power supply to the blu ray rom drive from the acer?

Any idea how i could manage the power supply to the blu ray rom drive from the acer?

I used an external powersupply (that came with an external hard-drive that I've misplaced somewhere). You're not going to get a 12 volt supply out of the Acer- don't even try- seriously don't......

Your best bet is to get a SATA/USB 5.25"case and mount your internal drive in it. They retail at around EUR35/40 (you can even get them locally- the likes of marxcomputers.ie have them)

S.

Woo whoo on boards on my Acer !! :D

Very nice little machine surprisingly fast too. First time using Linux so im a little lost but finding out little bits as i go.

Woo whoo on boards on my Acer !! :D

Very nice little machine surprisingly fast too. First time using Linux so im a little lost but finding out little bits as i go.

Whole new version of the Linux distribution Ubuntu out tomorrow- version 8.10 known as 'Karmic Koala' Its got very good driver support and is better than the distro that ships on the Revo- if you'd like a little experimenting......?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Curious.

Already have an external dvd drive. Tempted to get the wireless keyboard with touchpad though. Looks good.

• Advertisement

Whole new version of the Linux distribution Ubuntu out tomorrow- version 8.10 known as 'Karmic Koala' Its got very good driver support and is better than the distro that ships on the Revo- if you'd like a little experimenting......?

A very dumb question i know but this Linux Revo isn't an operating system like windows (you know with icons and stuff) thats Ubunto i need right ? I was looking through the Acer and could only find internet,photo,music etc couldnt find out how to install any other programs like VLC or things. I bought this to be my work desk top when i start my business so ill need to install some Autocad type software.

At the moment im downloading Ubunto that is what im looking for ? I would wait untill tomor but im super exciteded about getting this going.

Advertisement