Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Aspire Revo R3600, £159.95 delivered to Ireland from Ebuyer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Bought !! I swear this bargin alerts site is an evil thing its meant to save you money but ive actually increased my spending.

Needed to get a Desk top for my work so this will work out nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

I second that! Bargain Alerts actually cost you money ....
    I used Google Checkout and the total, including £9.99 delivery, came to €173.89.

I was reading that Adobe are about to release an update to their Flash Player which enables hardware acceleration of Flash Video, including HD, for the 9400m GPU in this thing. Can't wait. I will put it next to my TV, connect via HDMI, and run the BBC iPlayer through it.

Now, another device to install my free copy of Windows 7 on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭green123

pauly3 wrote: »
    I second that! Bargain Alerts actually cost you money ....
    I used Google Checkout and the total, including £9.99 delivery, came to €173.89.

I was reading that Adobe are about to release an update to their Flash Player which enables hardware acceleration of Flash Video, including HD, for the 9400m GPU in this thing. Can't wait. I will put it next to my TV, connect via HDMI, and run the BBC iPlayer through it.

Now, another device to install my free copy of Windows 7 on :)

are you in ireland ?
    how can you get iplayer working ?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

green123 wrote: »
    are you in ireland ?
    how can you get iplayer working ?

I would be interested in knowing the answer to this also. Is there a reliable, repeatable method for getting iplayer in Ireland?

Anyone recommend a good monitor to go with this. Would like a nice High def "bargin" :D

• Advertisement

I'm in Kildare and I use a paid proxy server. Works a treat, but cost €148 for 1 year!! The free proxy servers are rubbish.

Link:

http://www.ukproxyserver.co.uk/

It's better value if you can share the cost with others, like students or flatmates. AND, if it is the only way you watch TV you are license exempt. The BBC HD is very good. Some newer TVs and (coming soon) Freesat boxes will be capable of connecting directly to your home gateway (eg Netopia Router} where you can stream it in.

That is why this little Revo nettop is such a gem. Once Adobe add hardware decoding to their Flash Player you can use it as a streaming media player. I intend to connect it directly to a Devolo HompPlug AV device which I can plug into a power socket next to my television and which connects to the router in my office. You need at least 4mbps broadband to stream the BBC HD and preferably a big download cap. Of course it also makes a nice PC which you can bring around with you on your travels!

Oh, and Top Gear are in HD from next month.....

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭epgriffin

I've been looking at these on various sites for a couple of weeks. They seem to be clearing stock to make way for the new Revo 3601. Just wondering if I should snap up this bargain or is the 3601 going to be a much more usable machine? It has already started appearing on some UK based sites to coincide with the release of windows 7. It's the same size but has Atom 330 Dual Core 4gb RAM 500gb HD Windows 7 Premium. Priced at around 300GBP.

What to do!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Defo wait for dual core. My netbook was fine until I loaded virus and firewall scanner on to it.

Now, the one featured here runs linux so that may not impact too much if you go for this deal but it would if u wanted to load windows 7 on too it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭wiseolsham

Cheers for the helpful replies :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

aphex™ wrote: »
    Defo wait for dual core. My netbook was fine until I loaded virus and firewall scanner on to it.

Now, the one featured here runs linux so that may not impact too much if you go for this deal but it would if u wanted to load windows 7 on too it.

Its the Atom 230 (the one which supports hyper threading) so it is a lot more responsive under Windows 7 than a regular netbook would be......

I've Windows 7 Ultimate running on it- Cyberlink Powerdvd plays bluray disks smoothly, and for antivirus I'm using the MS antivirus suite and firewall.

The 3601 @ £300 is good value- when you consider the 4Gb of RAM, the bigger HDD, the Win7HP licence and the dual core processor- but the 360 @ £150 is remarkable value and well up to running most programmes.

Note: my 360 came with 4Gb of RAM- and I went into the BIOS and dedicated 1Gb to video RAM. This probably makes a massive difference to Aero responsive- but its something you'd have to do with the 3601 too......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If I didn't already have a HTPC I'd be getting this. Bargain and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I've too many PCs and media player to get this, but looks like a nice bit of kit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

does it come with a monitor ?

which linux is on the laptop.

are they a good website to buy off ?

to epgriffin: Buy 2 of these for £300 and then you have dual cores :)
    In fairness, it depends on what you are going to use it for. As a media centre, file server, or surfing and office tasks the current offer would be ideal. If you were about to spend £300 for the upcoming model I would advise you to keep an eye on the Dell Outlet for a good laptop. If you know anyone in the UK, check the Dell Outlet UK as well

to Cable842: No, it does not come with a monitor. The version of Linux on it is a basic desktop (Splashtop) which you can replace with any other version of Linux (eg Ubuntu Netbook Remix or Moblin) or Windows 7. I have bought from Ebuyer in the past and had no problems. If you are in Ireland you will have to use the Google Checkout option.

Amazon.co.uk seem to have had this same deal fairly recently (£149.99) with free delivery, but it is now no longer available. There are good reviews here:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00292BR1I/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Why do you need Virus and firewall running on your mini-pc?
    aphex™ wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Ahh.. this site just costs me more and more. Just ordered this thing and I don't need it, at all. Have a 20" LCD sitting on my desk that I use as a second monitor with the laptop, but I could bolt this to the back and use it for media etc while browsing on the laptop.. either that or Il connect it up with the 32" in the sitting room to replace the ol' xbmc. There's just something that get's me about having a basically fully fuctioning pc with a wireless kb/mouse on the big screen..

But shure there's always adverts if I don't use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

Just got an email from ebuyer cancelling my order with no firm reason given, anyone else get on of these mails?:mad:

on a closer inspection:

Your order has been cancelled for one of the following reasons:

1. You have requested the order to be cancelled.
    2. The item(s) you have ordered are no longer available or have been discontinued.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you still require the order, please reorder the goods online.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭torregolf

Yes, same message, same reasons?

I got an email saying mine had shipped today. Did you use Google Checkout?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭torregolf

yes, used google checkout, should i re-order - dont want 2 of them!

• Advertisement

i reordered mine, their site says over 160 in stock, I also used google checkout the first time and have used it again today. my credit card was refunded for the first one so we'll see what happens

Canceled again

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Does anyone actually have a reason for the orders being cancelled?

ive got a reply stating item no longer available or sold out but when i check the site there are over 160 available:confused:

Damn,

I did not have my CC on me over the weekend so had to wait till today to order :/
    philbee wrote: »
    ive got a reply stating item no longer available or sold out but when i check the site there are over 160 available:confused:

Have you tired getting onto customer support ? It may be just a bug in the system.

Mine was shipped over the weekend so fingers crossed it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

FWIW I ordered one around 7pm yesterday (note to self: must stop drinking at dinner :( ) and according to Google Checkout it shipped yesterday evening

This is prob a stupid question but how do you change the County to Ireland for delivery address?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    This is prob a stupid question but how do you change the County to Ireland for delivery address?

Use Google Checkout

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 declans

I see this is available on amazon.com for $199.99 but with XP , My question is for anyone who has one is the Power Supply 220V compatible, I am visting family in Philadelphia next week and may buy if the power supply checks out ,
    Thanks in Advance

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-AspireRevo-AR1600-U910H-Desktop-Windows/dp/B002O3W44Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1256663267&sr=8-2

Advertisement