Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

List of odds for the World Grand Prix;

http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/darts/world-grand-prix/win-market

Mervyn King looks good value at 33/1!

wayne76 wrote: »
    to be honest rat mate if there's tiered seating or balcony's it will be better than sitting at the back of the last place you might aswell be in another building i was at the worlds final this year and thought the seating was super compared to city west it was tiered seating therefore even the worst seat's were fairly close to the stage city west should have a seating plan online like most places

Well that's better news, would not like to be at the back! Are you going Wayne?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

to be honest rat mate if there's tiered seating or balcony's it will be better than sitting at the back of the last place you might aswell be in another building i was at the worlds final this year and thought the seating was super compared to city west it was tiered seating therefore even the worst seat's were fairly close to the stage city west should have a seating plan online like most places

Yeah i agree with this. I was at the back at the City West last year and couldn't see a thing (the 16 pints didn't help). I was in the tiered seating in the Alexandra Palace and I had a great view. It's just the lack of table that annoys me because plenty of drinks were spilt and it's a pain climbing over people to get to the jacks and if your like me and have to go every 20 minutes you piss off the people beside you as well!

Saying that I'm in the tiered seating for the Ally Pally again this year!

Did you get your tickets yet KingP?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Did you get your tickets yet KingP?

No not yet, hopefully tomorrow! I'll let you know where I'm sitting. I'll prob be in the balcony as well :)

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    No not yet, hopefully tomorrow! I'll let you know where I'm sitting. I'll prob be in the balcony as well :)

Sound, that would be funny!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mithrandir

Does anyone know what the taxi situation will be like after the event? There are 6 of us going and I'm wondering will someone have to be the designated driver for the night if there are hundreds looking for taxis afterwards?

There are taxis there. You might have to wait a little bit but you will definitely get one. I got one home before no problem.

There are taxis there. You might have to wait a little bit but you will definitely get one. I got one home before no problem.

Have you got a taxi organised yet? A driver offered us €60 there and back for 3 of us, can't go wrong!:D I can order us a mini bus if you are not sorted!:)

Ah it's cool, I have a mini bus booked to bring us there and back. About 15 of us going so only works out about 10e a head. Can't beat that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Well that's better news, would not like to be at the back! Are you going Wayne?
    yep sure am im staying in there mon and tues night's mate cant wait :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

Yeah i agree with this. I was at the back at the City West last year and couldn't see a thing (the 16 pints didn't help). I was in the tiered seating in the Alexandra Palace and I had a great view. It's just the lack of table that annoys me because plenty of drinks were spilt and it's a pain climbing over people to get to the jacks and if your like me and have to go every 20 minutes you piss off the people beside you as well!

Saying that I'm in the tiered seating for the Ally Pally again this year!
    look on the bright side mate nowhere to put the pissy pint on fosters they where were selling last year was a disgrace having to q twice for that

look on the bright side mate nowhere to put the pissy pint on fosters they where were selling last year was a disgrace having to q twice for that

Yeah it was a joke. That ticket system is a load of rubbish. I bought a load of tickets at the start of the night so I didn't have to queue up twice but they shut the bar 2 sets before the last match was over so I had a load of tickets left and I couldn't get rid of them! Surely they can think of a better system than that. and you're right, the pints were crap. Probably watered down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i got my tickets in the post

first and foremost, TOKEN SYSTEM this year, no money will be accepted for drinks and stuff, there will be a place to exchange money for tokens

fun times

i got my tickets in the post

first and foremost, TOKEN SYSTEM this year, no money will be accepted for drinks and stuff, there will be a place to exchange money for tokens

fun times

Bollox :(

See my post above!

ah so the ticket system you speak of is the token system they have brought in

sounds like an elaborate scam to

1) Raise the price on things without you thinking in terms of europes

2) Leave you with tokens end of night that wont get you anything because the bars and shops are closed

Yeah it's a great way for them to make extra money because pretty much everyone I was talking too had extra tickets left at the end of the night because they gave you no warning as to when the bar was closing.

So for anyone going bear in mind that the bar will close BEFORE the last match is over. I imagine they do this so there won't be people hanging around finishing off their drinks. I recommend not buying loads of tokens because you will prob end up just wasting your money.

Oh and I was there for the semi-finals and finals and you couldn't use the tickets left over from the semi-final night on finals night. Joke of a system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ronniemac87

Just got the tickets myself yesterday: Quarter Finals - Row A table 10 - delighted. Was there last 2 years so looking forward to seeing the new centre.

Not sure of seating plan but this might give ye an idea

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/seatingchart/198039/12390

Above is a link to the seating plan for the "people of the year awards" in the conference centre and gives an idea of the new layout - balcony seems to be right at the back

Now I definitely hope I'm not on the Balcony.

i bought mine through PDC.tv and in the pre sale

if i dont have the best seats in the house im calling foul!

• Advertisement

Excerpt from Sid Waddell's Column on Skysports.com

""The Citywest International Event & Convention Centre, which hosts the World Grand Prix, has now doubled in capacity - and we're going to be the first event to be held there.
    We're going to have 4,000 fans there each night and the spectacle will match up to the wildest nights of the Premier League. The set will be 60 feet wide and the roof is 25 feet high, which means we can get four enormous screens in there.""

Sounds brilliant...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

Got my tickets today... can't wait for this. Going semi-final night.

Row C, Table 13.

Wish they had a seating chart somewhere.

Just got the tickets myself yesterday: Quarter Finals - Row A table 10 - delighted. Was there last 2 years so looking forward to seeing the new centre.

Not sure of seating plan but this might give ye an idea

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/seatingchart/198039/12390

Above is a link to the seating plan for the "people of the year awards" in the conference centre and gives an idea of the new layout - balcony seems to be right at the back

Leixslip_Red: Check out that - it'll give you a rough idea of seating

Row N - Table 5

for some reason that doesnt sound close, i hope to god im wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

When we went last year we arrived to find our seats didn't even exist! :eek: Luckily it was the Monday and Tuesday so it wasn't jammers and we were put in a good enough spot up near enough to the stage. To be honest you can't really see the darts goin in anyway unless in the very fiirst couple of rows, so you end up watchin it on the big screens anyway. I wouldn't worry too much if you're not up near the front, the craic at the tables is superb.

Lots of cameramen mingling throughout the crowd so chances are a lot of people will end up on the TV. Just make sure youre not plannin on pullin a sicke the next day or someone is bound to see ya! Happened one of me mates last year.. Have a blast lads, I wish I was going up again..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Leixslip_Red: Check out that - it'll give you a rough idea of seating

Gives you no idea really, dont know what ways the rows are going to be.

https://www.seetickets.com/darts/plan.html

Theres a seating plan of the World Championships, i know its not the same place obviously but the rows are going from left to right rather than front to back. Im hoping its similar in Citywest or i wont be happy, i ordered mine at 8.50am the first day they went on sale so they better be good seats.

Row L table 13 is what I have. Probably about halfway. Thank fúck I am not on the balcony anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Really disapointed with my balcony seats now!!! Was praying that they went up the sides of the arena

• Registered Users Posts: 22 JayDubiya

Howdy lads, me and a bunch of the mates are heading out to the quarter finals on the friday night this year, can't bloody wait!

Just have a question for ye veterans (as its our first year goin), whats the best plan re transport? There's bout 16 of us going so I'm guessing a minibus? Dublin Bus don't put on any special buses no?

Gonna be a nightmare to get out there for 6 on a friday evening!!!

Cheers in advance for the help!

• Advertisement

Directions – Public Transport from Dublin City
    The 69 Bus departs Aston Quay on a regular basis and depending on traffic will take less than an hour to reach the Citywest Hotel stop just outside the main gates. For a detailed timetable please visit www.cie.ie

Citywest Cabs

Taxi fares to/from:
    1. Dublin Airport €40.00 including Toll

2. Finnstown €18.00

3. PGA €18.00

4. City Centre €27.00

Or

Luas to Tallaght and Taxi the Final Bit

Advertisement