Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

AndyP wrote: »
    it looks fukkin shambolic.

Well that's the best way to describe last night anyway. Absolute nightmare.

I go to the Ally Pally everyear and the Circus Tavern before that and they are run brilliantly with very few muppets around. City West is full of twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Well that's the best way to describe last night anyway. Absolute nightmare.

I go to the Ally Pally everyear and the Circus Tavern before that and they are run brilliantly with very few muppets around. City West is full of twats.

Agreed.

I was there last night. Alot of morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Snakey

Gerbud, you had a good view of the 'morons' alright when you were standing on the table with your kaks around your ankles, singing Jacko for Taoiseach!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Who were the girls with the single and hot sign

they were hot

and rumour is they are single

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

I watched the whole thing on the telly and tbh I was glad I didn't go cause I was going to bring my 10 year old nephew. For most of the crowd it looked like a giant píss up - it didn't matter what was happening on the stage or even what sport they were supposed to be watching ! I'd say first thing this morning half of them could't tell you who won the matches ! I thought Barney handled the crowd well with bringing on the Irish flag and then looking with bemusement at them after some of the booing, shaking his head and saying like WTF is this all about - I thought it shut a lot of them up. Taylor in his interview more or less said he didn't give a fook about anyone booing him - it was all about the crowd enjoying themselves to bring them back again !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

You weren't the guy who had "any yokes" written on his card no?? :)
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Lol, one of the walk on girls lost her shoe on the way to the stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Anyone know the brown haired walk on girls name??

Think i might love her.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Was in Citywest last night and have to say I had a great time, but do agree with the booing and jeering being far to excessive and having no place in the game.
    Have to say though that the organisation was absolutely awful, It was like they had just printed up last years plan for 1500 people and tried to implement it on a crowd of 3000.. The seating was an absolute joke, we arrived and there were people in our seat.. Bouncers said that the people had been moved there and offered us seat further up.. We took them but of course, eventually the owners of the seats we were in arrived and then they were moved somewhere else... About an hour later I saw bouncers running around with chairs trying to fit extra people onto tables, crazy! The bar at the start of the night was the same - probably the same size as the one in the old venue but there were way more people looking for booze - Took my mate about 40 minutes to get the drinks in at the start, should have been two bars on the ground floor!
    Thankfully all this didnt in the end detract from the night and once everyone was finally settled in and the bar not an absolute mess by the time taylor came on it really started to pick up! Hopefully they'll learn from this year anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Another final for Barney. If Hamilton could have won that 5th set who knows he could have went on to win the game but he seemed to lose all confidence after that. I'm often on about how Barney has lost form but this is his 3rd time this year reaching a PDC major final and probably another meeting with Phil Taylor! Hard to see anyone beating Taylor this week but lets hope Terry Jenkins proves me wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

mdwexford wrote: »
    Anyone know the brown haired walk on girls name??

Think i might love her.

She is fine! I think it showed her sitting down in crowd during last game, with a very different top on and a much nicer looking set of ....... sunglasses :cool:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

What can you say about Phil Taylor, he just gets better and better, poor Jenks looks like a rabbit caught in Taylors headlights. Really is a bag of nerves.

Much improved Jenkins since going 2-0 down, Taylor going off in the 3rd set gave him a bit of confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Unfortunately, crowds like this is what big time darts is about now. It's what pays their (or Taylors) wages. If players can't handle it, they should go back to the BDO. Taylor is unlikely to be bothered by the crowd tonight. The others just have to get used to it too.

Hope this doesn't get me into trouble, but does anybody think the location has anything to do with the huge amount of knackers in Citywest or is it just the crowd that darts attracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

... is it just the crowd that darts attracts?

Nah, its just the crowd the prospect of a big piss-up attracts. Doesnt really matter whats going on up on the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

AndyP wrote: »
    Nah, its just the crowd the prospect of a big piss-up attracts. Doesnt really matter whats going on up on the stage.

You are bang on there, Andy.

I was up in the City West last night and I can only think of one word to describe the behaviour of those so-called "darts fans" - - - DISGUSTING !!!

The vast majority of the attendance were not darts fans and knew nothing at all about darts.
    They were there for a piss-up, to make noise and to be seen on Sky.
    These louts have brought the good name of Irish darts down to gutter level.

The REAL Irish darts fans attend the Ireland Players' Championship and the many tournaments in Kilkenny and Tramore and they will be out in force in Killarney next weekend where they will give the PDC players a proper Irish welcome ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Well said Michael!!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Dartgod wrote: »
    You are bang on there, Andy.

I was up in the City West last night and I can only think of one word to describe the behaviour of those so-called "darts fans" - - - DISGUSTING !!!

The vast majority of the attendance were not darts fans and knew nothing at all about darts.
    They were there for a piss-up, to make noise and to be seen on Sky.
    These louts have brought the good name of Irish darts down to gutter level.

The REAL Irish darts fans attend the Ireland Players' Championship and the many tournaments in Kilkenny and Tramore and they will be out in force in Killarney next weekend where they will give the PDC players a proper Irish welcome ! ! !

I think your right m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

The REAL Irish darts fans attend the Ireland Players' Championship and the many tournaments in Kilkenny and Tramore and they will be out in force in Killarney next weekend where they will give the PDC players a proper Irish welcome

I couldn,t agree more....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

501darts wrote: »
    The REAL Irish darts fans attend the Ireland Players' Championship and the many tournaments in Kilkenny and Tramore and they will be out in force in Killarney next weekend where they will give the PDC players a proper Irish welcome

I couldn,t agree more....

Been to premier league last 2 years in Belfast, and even going by some of the rowdy premier league crowds Belfast seems grand. Yeah there are people who walk around looking for tv camera's but no booing(except when Martin Rogan-prizefighter winner) came out with a tricolour :D but thats Belfast and its history :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

I hate this Irish dancing crap, so embarrassing!:o:mad: Reminds me of some of the crowd who turned up this week!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Come On BARNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

taylor 12 darts to start lol. dunno why i enjoy seeing him struggle, guess it gives me hope for a close game. c'mon barney.

padr81 wrote: »
    taylor 12 darts to start lol. dunno why i enjoy seeing him struggle, guess it gives me hope for a close game. c'mon barney.

Exactly what I'm thinking Padr!:eek::D C'mon Barney!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I got a free ticket to the final so I'm here front and centre cheering barney on, come on barney, first set now kick on

Ive never seen such a medioce start from these 2 players. Surreal

Ive never seen such a medioce start from these 2 players. Surreal

Sure is!:( Nice to see Barney is 2-0 up though!:D

The commentators are wrecking my head saying "Taylor is far from his best". Barneys not playing to his potential either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

2-1, c'mon Barney!!

• Advertisement

Shocking stuff really!:eek::(

Advertisement