Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

The m17 at mahangh corofin pic1 15/08/15 pic2 15/08/16

Brockagh corofin pic1 16/03/16 pic2 16/08/16

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

m17 wrote: »
    Brockagh corofin pic1 16/03/16 pic2 16/08/16
    Wow. Nice change in 5 months.

Can't wait to see all this come together in 2017.

marno21 wrote: »
    Wow. Nice change in 5 months.

Can't wait to see all this come together in 2017.

You're not the only one

The m17 at laraghmore pic1 18/06/15 pic2 13/08/16

• Advertisement

The 3rd flyover over the m18 will open at raheen on the 12/09/16

Pics at annagh hill 18/08/16 pic1 the slip road going on to the m17 pic2 looking towards rathmorrisy pic3 looking towards tuam pic4 the flyover pic5 slip road coming off the m17

• Registered Users Posts: 23 araby

Hi was wondering what approx time of journey from end of motorway in Tuam to junction at Doughiska is likely to be when this road is finished?

araby wrote: »
    Hi was wondering what approx time of journey from end of motorway in Tuam to junction at Doughiska is likely to be when this road is finished?

22 mins it all depends on what time you are traveling

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

araby wrote: »
    Around 21 - 23 minutes under freeflow conditions.

25.5km of M17 + M17 J1 roundabout + ~8km of 120km/h M6 + 4km of 100km/h N6
    13 minutes + 1 minute + 4 minutes + 3 minutes = 21 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Now that the project is progressing does anyone have a more solid complete date when this is meant to open? Galway City Council website states 2018. I could have sworn I have seen a road sign that said 2017. Anyone know the latest date?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

There'll be nothing in writing until its just about to open.

Now that the project is progressing does anyone have a more solid complete date when this is meant to open? Galway City Council website states 2018. I could have sworn I have seen a road sign that said 2017. Anyone know the latest date?
    Forget that website it's useless and outdated,this is the only site that keeps you updated on progress it looks like it will open in November 17

I'll stretch the window a bit and say sometime in Q4 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭PopIT

Not to worried about this but just curious. Does anyone know why a van would be on the M17 site with a radiation symbol on the side and back of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭f2

I just heard today expect the Tuam Bypass to open early next year, the bog is still sinking on M17 <Roadbridge section> and they are supposed to switch their attention to Bypass, also seen sign that the flyover at Killeelaun is to open on 4/10/2016

PopIT wrote: »
    Not to worried about this but just curious. Does anyone know why a van would be on the M17 site with a radiation symbol on the side and back of it?
    Instead of building a toll plaza on the M17, they are accepting radioactive waste from the UK which they will bury under the motorway to fund the project.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Instead of building a toll plaza on the M17, they are accepting radioactive waste from the UK which they will bury under the motorway to fund the project.

Based on how long we're waiting for them to dig up the original M4 for a resurfacing, that might not be an unviable plan.

L1011 wrote: »
    Based on how long we're waiting for them to dig up the original M4 for a resurfacing, that might not be an unviable plan.
    Somehow, I think the next M4 resurfacing will be part of the planned upgrade from the M50 to J8.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Somehow, I think the next M4 resurfacing will be part of the planned upgrade from the M50 to J8.

If that's not within a few years, its going to crumble outbound. There was already patchwork done about a decade ago when J6 opened but its well worn now.

It'll take time to get used to *not* hearing the constantly rumble from the old surface from my house, 600m at closest from it, though.

• Advertisement

If they do that then I'll not be needing lights on the car at night! :pac:

Pics at annagh hill (17/08/16-20/08/16) just click on the linkhttps://goo.gl/photos/3k6gTr673gsqMdxx9

22 mins it all depends on what time you are traveling

Hi Marno and m17, thanks for time between tuam and doughiska, what is expected time between annagh hill junction and doughiska?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lleyn

PopIT wrote: »

NDT testing?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭2016

Sorry for not ploughing through the thread guys, but I was stunned the other day as I was driving to Galway to discover this damn motorway is still not done. It must have been 3-4 years since I went up that way from Limerick, having to get off the motorway at Gort. Have they just made f'all progress or what's the hold up? When will this be opened?

Around 21 - 23 minutes under freeflow conditions.

25.5km of M17 + M17 J1 roundabout + ~8km of 120km/h M6 + 4km of 100km/h N6
    13 minutes + 1 minute + 4 minutes + 3 minutes = 21 minutes

Hi Marno and m17, thanks for time between tuam and doughiska, what is expected time between annagh hill junction and doughiska?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

2016 wrote: »
    Sorry for not ploughing through the thread guys, but I was stunned the other day as I was driving to Galway to discover this damn motorway is still not done. It must have been 3-4 years since I went up that way from Limerick, having to get off the motorway at Gort. Have they just made f'all progress or what's the hold up? When will this be opened?

Due to officially open early 2018, which was always the plan. Construction only began in 2014. Will probably open late 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭sonnyblack

f2 wrote: »
    I just heard today expect the Tuam Bypass to open early next year, the bog is still sinking on M17 <Roadbridge section> and they are supposed to switch their attention to Bypass, also seen sign that the flyover at Killeelaun is to open on 4/10/2016

Good source? If the Tuam bypass opens early where would it re-join the N17 on a temporary basis? The Kilmore roundabout?

Ariel view of rathmorrisy 08/08/16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

Ariel view of rathmorrisy 08/08/16

The junction is really taking shape now.

Advertisement