Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

The m17 at ballybanagher corofin pic1 27/09/15 pic2 27/07/16

Mahanagh corofin pic1 28/02/15 pic2 28/07/16

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

m17 wrote: »
    Mahanagh corofin pic1 28/02/15 pic2 28/07/16

What a transformation. Big thanks again M17 for all the photos.

The flyover at coole park on the m18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MagsC2016

Just wondering if this would be a shorter way to go Milltown to Athenry? Sorry if I shouldn't ask that here but wondering if I should stop looking forward to shortening my journey to work!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

MagsC2016 wrote: »
    Just wondering if this would be a shorter way to go Milltown to Athenry? Sorry if I shouldn't ask that here but wondering if I should stop looking forward to shortening my journey to work!

It should definitely be a big advantage, M17 then hop on the M6 to J17.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Conba

Kazooie wrote: »
    That's a sharp looking bend for a motorway?

There are some sharp bends between Nenagh and Moneygall on the M7 but that looks like it takes the biscuit!

The m17 at cloonkleen north 5kms form tuam

Pics at annagh hill junction2 m17 pic1 top of flyover pic2 looking towards rathmorrisy pic3 looking towards tuam

The townland of cloontooa 2kms form tuam pic1 the flyover pic2 looking towards tuam pic3 looking towards rathmorrisy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Conba wrote: »
    There are some sharp bends between Nenagh and Moneygall on the M7 but that looks like it takes the biscuit!
    That's the perspective distortion of the photo, it was said also a lot on the M11 Arklow-Rathnew scheme, which turned out to be ok.

The only thing I would say from looking at a map, is that this scheme is very windy overall, what's the need for it and why can't it be more straight? It's indirect enough as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Vilnian

As always, thanks very much for the photo updates M17 :) just a quick question, would you know when are the flyovers at Cooole Park and the next one after it will open (sorry, can't remember the name of the area, it's the second flyover going Northbound of the M18).

Vilnian wrote: »
    As always, thanks very much for the photo updates M17 :) just a quick question, would you know when are the flyovers at Cooole Park and the next one after it will open (sorry, can't remember the name of the area, it's the second flyover going Northbound of the M18).

Late September early October for the two of them

The tuam bypass just click on the link 01/08/16https://goo.gl/photos/siMrsWNWzkdsEEDSA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

The tuam bypass just click on the link 01/08/16https://goo.gl/photos/siMrsWNWzkdsEEDSA

Whats the story with the railway line under the bridge in some of those photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Whats the story with the railway line under the bridge in some of those photos?
    Its a disused railway line which they are accomodating for when it opens again in 2120.

Roadbridge have now layed 5.5kms of the jersey barrier and that is it until the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Roadbridge have now layed 5.5kms of the jersey barrier and that is it until the new year

Why do they finish with the barrier for this year? Weather is still good.
    Will the equipment stay idle or is it needed somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Geogregor wrote: »
    Why do they finish with the barrier for this year? Weather is still good.
    Will the equipment stay idle or is it needed somewhere else?
    The rest of the road isn't ready yet for barrier installation, and I presume they've just decided to leave it until it is, and they can do a whole lot in one go.

Though why they bothered to do this bit then is beyond me - unless it was to torture poor m17? :D

serfboard wrote: »
    The rest of the road isn't ready yet for barrier installation, and I presume they've just decided to leave it until it is, and they can do a whole lot in one go.

Though why they bothered to do this bit then is beyond me - unless it was to torture poor m17? :D

Roadbridge are doing 10.7kms of the m17,they have now layed 5.5kms of the jersey barrier form the abbett river to cloonkeen north, here are pics of the final 5.2kms form cloonkeen north to tuam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jconn

Anyone know if there will be a junction where you can enter and exit the new motorway at the Owenbristy intersection between Ardrahan and Kinvara?

jconn wrote: »
    Anyone know if there will be a junction where you can enter and exit the new motorway at the Owenbristy intersection between Ardrahan and Kinvara?

Kiternan is the nearest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Its a disused railway line which they are accomodating for when it opens again in 2120.
    Or a Greenway from Athenry to Sligo that could be open in 2018 along with the M17/M18.

All ten flyovers along the m17 will be open by the 4/11/16

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

Probably being asked 100 times already here but 1) is there a staged opening planned? and 2) end of 2017 for full opening?

cremeegg wrote: »
    Probably being asked 100 times already here but 1) is there a staged opening planned? and 2) end of 2017 for full opening?
    I think it's also been answered 100 times, no, it opens in one go!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

cremeegg wrote: »
    2) end of 2017 for full opening?
    Yea, it does indeed look like the end of 2017 instead of Feb 2018 as previously announced, but no official statement on the matter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Roadbridge are doing 10.7kms of the m17,they have now layed 5.5kms of the jersey barrier form the abbett river to cloonkeen north, here are pics of the final 5.2kms form cloonkeen north to tuam
    How can they have made so little progress on this part??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭red bull

spacetweek wrote: »
    How can they have made so little progress on this part??

BOG

• Advertisement

There won't be any announcement about an early opening until they can open it.

There's no point in saying now - a year before any possible date - that they'll open it early in case they encounter any issues

Advertisement