Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Trading Sticky

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Ive have a nes Mario/Duckhunt cart US version, bought it off ebay and the guy described it as UK if anyone is interested in trading for it. It works fine i think, it flashes on and off when in the NES but the picture loads up for the second its on perfectly.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone interested in a 22inch CRT television? My parents are getting rid of one. Don't think it's that old, probably 3-4 years. I was going to take it and have two tvs in my games room but I don't think I'll be allowed!

hi o1sin, do you think it would fit into an attic hatch?, is a longer than normal hatch as it has the attic ladder fitted, the two CRTs I have lined up are too big.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

this is a long shot i guess, but I'd like to line up some cases/disks to match disks and cases.

I managed to pick up cases for Mettoid prime, Starfox Adventures and Zelda windwaker for the GC last week.

I have the following unmatched GC games

Res Evil Zero : have : manuals, disk 1 and 2-- need the front cover artwork
    Zelda Four Swords Adventures: have: case only-- need disks and manuals
    Res Evil 4: have disk 2 only- need everything else
    Res Evil one : have : sick one and two-- need case and manuals
    Super Mario sunshine : have : disk -- need case and manuals
    Super smash melee : have :case only-- need disks and manuals

something might match up with someones collection here, we could both come out of it with full games.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Stoner wrote: »
    hi o1sin, do you think it would fit into an attic hatch?, is a longer than normal hatch as it has the attic ladder fitted, the two CRTs I have lined up are too big.

Well it's only a 22 inch so I'd imagine it would? Its a small enough TV.

The only thing is it's currently in my parents house in Bray. My mam has to pick up some stuff from my apartment in the city centre on either Saturday/Sunday. Said she can bring it in on the weekend if I want it. If not then it'll be going to relatives as a freebie!

If you've anything you can swap for it let me know. :)

I'll have to get the tape out first, I'm in Bray a bit anyway. If it fits what would you be looking for?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

If you could pick it up in Bray sometime that'd be great.

I'd be looking for any games/consoles really. The older the better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Ok, have an N64 for trade. Picked it up off Atavan originally, was hoping to use it to barter with someone for a Commodore 64 but that fell through.All leads, one joypad, and a copy of Mario 64.

Also have two Nes' for trade. Consoles only, may have enough extras to get one together complete with leads and a pad. Got these through CiDeRmAn not working, but have replaced the 72 pin connectors on both and snipped the region pin on both. Both now in pwo.

Open to offers..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Weird... I just came on to try trade an N64... Think I'd be stepping on your toes a bit if I did though so I'll hang on to it for the moment :p

Literally a minute before I logged on though, bizarre!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

No N64 love in here :P

If anyone wants one get my old one! It's amazing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

How about a 3 way trade of N64s? That wouldn't be pointless at all :p

Might as well throw up the few doubles I have, all N64. I really went crazy on N64 stuff lately...

Anyways:

Perfect Dark - boxed with manual

Cart only:
    Goldeneye
    Mario 64
    Donkey Kong 64
    Mission: Impossible
    WWF No Mercy

Boxed, new Passport Plus III

2 Third Party controllers, both in very good condition.

I'd be interested in:

N64:
    Body Harvest
    Space Station Silicon Valley
    Diddy Kong Racing
    Majoras Mask
    Super Smash Bros
    Mario Party

PS1:
    Grandia

Or pretty much anything SNES or Mega Drive. Or a NES console for the lot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

batari wrote: »
    snipped the region pin on both.

Hey i have a nes with a couple of US games, noticed there you said snipped the region pin, any change you could let me know how you do that?

Yea it's pretty easy, but find a decent image of the chip that has to be snipped on the web. Here's a link that explains it:

http://home.freeuk.net/markk/Consoles/NES_Lockout.txt

Actually, here's a great walkthrough from Enternow, if he doesn't mind me linking to it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68618714

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Ok, have an N64 for trade. Picked it up off Atavan originally, was hoping to use it to barter with someone for a Commodore 64 but that fell through.All leads, one joypad, and a copy of Mario 64.

Also have two Nes' for trade. Consoles only, may have enough extras to get one together complete with leads and a pad. Got these through CiDeRmAn not working, but have replaced the 72 pin connectors on both and snipped the region pin on both. Both now in pwo.

I've a master system one for trade if you're interested , looking for a Nes myself.
    Dont need pads or cables (but a PSU would be nice)

Yea I'd be up for a swap for the Master System, once it's definitely the first one. Have a mark II already. PM me man!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Yea I'd be up for a swap for the Master System, once it's definitely the first one. Have a mark II already. PM me man!
    yup its the Original SMS (i.e. SMS I) , I've sent you a PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Have 2 x Mag-Stik Plus's for sale
    Good as new
    ultimarc wrote:
    Worlds only Magnetically Centered Joystick!
    4-8 Way Switchable from top of the panel.
    4-8 way joystick
    Our newest joystick. The Mag-Stik is not centered by a spring but using an internal magnet. A light action gives the ultimate in joystick feel and sensitivity.
    Also switches from 4 to 8 way mode from the top of the panel!
    This is the only joystick in the world which can be switched over from 4 to 8 way from the top with no lever or other unsightly intrusion. Keeps the panel arcade-real but still gives the ability to play all 4 or 8 way games with the true feel of the correct mechanically-limited stick.
    To switch: Pull out the stick against the spring pressure, continue pulling while rotating, until the mechanism engages, then turn anticlockwise for 8-way, or clockwise for 4-way. The stick clicks into position when turned 45 degrees. The mechanism actually rotates an internal restrictor plate and also rotates the microswitch actuator for a perfect 4-8 way transition.
    t-stik_plus.jpg
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=326791

How about a 3 way trade of N64s? That wouldn't be pointless at all :p

Might as well throw up the few doubles I have, all N64. I really went crazy on N64 stuff lately...

Donkey Kong 64

I'd be interested in:

Diddy Kong Racing

landsleaving

I've been given a list of games to collect for someone. I need a second Donkey Kong 64, I have a copy of Diddy Kong Racing if you are interested, I'm also fairly sure that I have a spare mario 64, but its label is faded. Neither are boxed

o1s1n wrote: »
    Well it's only a 22 inch so I'd imagine it would? Its a small enough TV.

The only thing is it's currently in my parents house in Bray. My mam has to pick up some stuff from my apartment in the city centre on either Saturday/Sunday. Said she can bring it in on the weekend if I want it. If not then it'll be going to relatives as a freebie!

If you've anything you can swap for it let me know. :)

o1s1n,

Drey as in Dray gave me a CRT TV TV last night, so I'm sorted. Sorry it didn't work out, thank you.

Master of the Universe

No worries ;)

Stoner wrote: »
    landsleaving

I've been given a list of games to collect for someone. I need a second Donkey Kong 64, I have a copy of Diddy Kong Racing if you are interested, I'm also fairly sure that I have a spare mario 64, but its label is faded. Neither are boxed

I also have a second copy of banjo Kazoie cart only if that suits.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Hey guys, not so much as a trade as a giveaway. I have some console boxes I'm getting rid of. Now before you go "WUH FREE BOXZ?!" they don't have the cardboard inserts, manuals or any of that stuff. I didn't get them with that stuff at the time, it's not that I'm keeping them, they just never had them.

There is -

PSOne box for the Combo console/screen
    Dreamcast Keyboard box
    Dreamcast console box
    Gamecube Gameboy Player box

Everything is in fairly decent shape, the Dreamcast console box is a bit tatty and frayed at the edges but alright. Let me know if your interested, I could meet you in Dublin city centre =]

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

I'd be interested in the PSOne box for the Combo console/screen.Any chance you would post if I paid the postage?;);):D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Sure yeah Dark. It would be about 6.50 for postage and package. The box isn't heavy but it would be classed as a parcel you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭davidd24

Found a gamecube in my attic last night with two controllers looking for Snes Games or swop for an Amiga

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I'm looking for a Chase HQ cabinet that might need work. In-tact artwork and controls are required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm looking for a Chase HQ cabinet that might need work. In-tact artwork and controls are required.

You'd be better off looking for hens teeth my man, Mitchomagic would be your only hope in finding something like that here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

EnterNow wrote: »
    You'd be better off looking for hens teeth my man, Mitchomagic would be your only hope in finding something like that here.

Well one got destroyed the other week before I could get it, so there might be more around.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

Would anyone be interested in swaping my boxed N64 with Lylat Wars boxed (comes with manual, rumble pack and game). N64 is in great condition and comes with memory card and 1 controller and all other leads as boxed.

Im interested in swapping for a Boxed Nintendo Nes system or alternatively nes games.

If your interesed contact me.

Cheers,

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

I'd also swap both for a boxed SNES if anyones interested.

• Advertisement

Augmerson wrote: »
    Hey guys, not so much as a trade as a giveaway. I have some console boxes I'm getting rid of. Now before you go "WUH FREE BOXZ?!" they don't have the cardboard inserts, manuals or any of that stuff. I didn't get them with that stuff at the time, it's not that I'm keeping them, they just never had them.

There is -

PSOne box for the Combo console/screen
    Dreamcast Keyboard box
    Dreamcast console box
    Gamecube Gameboy Player box

Everything is in fairly decent shape, the Dreamcast console box is a bit tatty and frayed at the edges but alright. Let me know if your interested, I could meet you in Dublin city centre =]

I'm interested if they are still available?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement