Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Trading Sticky

Options
  • 24-08-2009 2:17pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Retro Trading Sticky Rules

So it's been decided as a trial run we'll have a sticky rather than a sub forum. Depending on the sucess of this thread we can look to expanding at a later date.

See this thread and continue to add your support if you wish.

What you can do....
    List items you wish to swap/trade with other collectors

What you can't do....
    Make cash offers (This will get us in trouble you see!)

More to rules to follow....

Cheers,

LoGiE :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Ill get teh ball rolling, anyone looking to get rid of a gba sp?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,544 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Right, time to start listing my doubles first. I'll edit this post as I find new things.

Unboxes Snes games:

Starwing
    Super Mario All Stars
    Donkey Kong Country
    Super R Type
    Zelda: A Link to the Past

Boxed Megadrive:

VR Racing (With booklet)
    Foreman For Real (No booklet & ripped cart label) - very hard to find game
    Sonic 1 (No booklet)
    Sonic 2 (No booklet & label has a tear..Sega Genesis version)

Unboxed Medrive carts:

Mega games 1
    Mega games 2

Sonic 1 (Two copies)
    Sonic 2 (Two copies)
    Sonic 3
    Sonic and Knuckles
    Mega Bomberman (Ripped label) - not sure if this game works. I think it needs a good clean

Spectrum stuff

I have a lot of Speccy stuff that I really have had no joy getting working. The things I've tested power on fine but I can't get any more than a very feint image. I have the same problem with two ZX Spectrum +2s going through an RGB scart. Someone told me it was a problem with the tv not switching to RGB properly. So the hardware itself should be sound.

I also have the original rubber key unit and a ZX Spectrum+ (Haven't tested either) and loads of books to go along with it. Some add ons like joystick extension ports etc.

Then there's a box of about 70 speccy games that I need to get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Still looking for magazines. Would take SNES game boxes and instructions also.
    Need Pilotwings for SNES, a US Mario All Stars and a Japanese Castlevania IV(!).

Have Super Mario Kart PAL instructions, and for Megadrive a couple of games - Final Zone and Micro Machines Military.
    Have a Vogatek Supergun Mk. 1 for use with Megadrive controllers.
    Also have N64 era official Nintendo Magazines, most of which seem to have the attached game guide. I just need to match them to the correct issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,279 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i got ocarina of time to trade and probably will try and sell it soon on adverts. also got all these that are also on my adverts ad but ive removed prices as per the rules of this thread....

1 set of buzzers for the Buzz game and Buzz:the music quiz(promo copy)
    Okami
    Tomb Raider Anniversary
    Virtua Fighter 4
    Devil May Cry
    Outrun 2006:Coast 2 Coast
    Medal of Honour:Frontline
    Tiger woods 2005
    Beyond Good and Evil
    SNK Vs Capcom
    Hyper Street Fighter 2
    Tony Hawks Underground
    GTA:Vice City Stories
    GTA3
    Viewtiful Joe
    Pool Paradise

PS1 games
    Colin McRae Rally 1
    Colin McRae Rally 2.0
    Parappa the rapper

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

At the mo the double's I've put up to trade are................

Unboxed N64 Carts

Clay Fighter 63 /3
    Super Smash Bros.
    Lylatwars
    Diddy Kong Racing

Unboxed Snes Games

Super Mario World
    Super Mario All Stars (label torn)

Unboxed Nes Games

Power Blade
    Mega Man 2
    Super Mario 3

Playstation 1

Final Fantasy VII - Platinum Range (Booklet,Case & Disc's in pristine condition)

Unboxed Megadrive

Megagames 1 (small sticker on front)

Unboxed Gameboy

Super Mario Land 2 - 6 golden coins (label torn)
    Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for GBC (Small writing on label)

I can provide a photo of any item before a trade is done if needed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Have the following for trade:

1 x Atari 2600 Jnr.
    Has all leads, 1 x original joystick (keep it real)
    Games:
    Yars' Revenge
    Centipede
    Missile Command
    Pac-Man
    Ms. Pac-Man
    Combat

Looking to trade for Atari games, Snes games, Nes games, Megadrive games, or let me know. No transport so would prefer pickup in Kildare. Thanx! :)

for trade:
    logic 3 gba to gamecube link cable
    robocop vs terminator boxed with manual for megadrive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I may offer up my SNES for trade. I can't get it working but maybe someone here can. Story is that it won't power on. Possibly just the fuse has gone in it or could be the power supply. Will come with the Power supply and an unofficial controller. No AV cables. Although they are the same ones as the N64 and GameCube. If anyone's interested in trading, post what your willing to offer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭Jack burton

weeder wrote: »
    for trade:
    logic 3 gba to gamecube link cable
    robocop vs terminator boxed with manual for megadrive.

I'd trade a game for Robocop vs terminator, take a look at my ad and see if theres anything you'd like

everybody else can take a look too and see if theres any trades you'd like to make

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=177650

Master of the Universe

I now have a PAL Super Nintendo that I also need to get rid of. Unit works perfectly. Never had a problem with it. Actually, it was the first thing I ever bought on ebay back in 03! Be sad to see it go actually.

Anyway, would make a lovely starter collection with my extra snes games -

Starwing
    Super Mario All Stars
    Donkey Kong Country
    Super R Type
    Zelda: A Link to the Past

Would be interested in trading for a Dreamcast with some games. Open to other offers too though.

Up on adverts too -

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=179714&cat=500

• Advertisement

might have a dreamcast for you o1s1n ill let you know. though id prefer if you had a spare megadrive :p

might have a dreamcast for you o1s1n ill let you know. though id prefer if you had a spare megadrive :p

Well id have a spare megadrive if your intereted, what comes with the dreamcast?

5 games(4 boxed) 3-4 controllers, vmu, needs a new AV cable but will provide the old one

5 games(4 boxed) 3-4 controllers, vmu, needs a new AV cable but will provide the old one
    What games would be included?

Master of the Universe

I do kind of actually if you'd be interested in that instead.

41FR18H297L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I have the 'hockey puck' NTSC Sega Genesis model 3. They're rare enough. I imported it from the US to play my Megadrive games in 60hz without those horrible black boarders.They're cool little things.

Think I only used it once or twice though. It has just been sitting in a box in my parents since.

ill need to itemise and list all my dreamcast stuff, theres a mouse and keyboard here somewhere aswell, and think about which console i want more >.>

does that genesis play PAL games o1s?

Master of the Universe

It will play about 70% of all PAL games. The other 30% or so have region lockout.(That's an educated guess from my own collection)

It's really is worth the trade off to play the games in 60hz with no boarders/17% slowdown though.

Likewise, I'm currently getting rid of my PAL snes as I've replaced it with an NTSC Famicom. About 8 games out of 50 give me a lockout message. Annoying, but the games look and play so so much nicer.

o1s1n wrote: »
    It will play about 70% of all PAL games. The other 30% or so have region lockout.(That's an educated guess from my own collection)

It's really is worth the trade off to play the games in 60hz with no boarders/17% slowdown though.

Likewise, I'm currently getting rid of my PAL snes as I've replaced it with an NTSC Famicom. About 8 games out of 50 give me a lockout message. Annoying, but the games look and play so so much nicer.

I'll agree with that, I'm playing on a japanese megadrive and that 60Hz makes a nice difference.

Just so you know, the megadrive i have is a PAL model 1, Comes boxed aswell, box is beat up a bit though

Master of the Universe

I'll agree with that, I'm playing on a japanese megadrive and that 60Hz makes a nice difference.

Just so you know, the megadrive i have is a PAL model 1, Comes boxed aswell, box is beat up a bit though

Ah, I see it's a 'High Definition Graphics' version as well.

That's the first model 1 Megadrive released and is by far the best PAL model you can get. Best sound/picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence. Complete and in good condition.

I will consider trading for a Dreamcast and some extras.

• Advertisement

thanks, youve just made my descision making so much harder.

Master of the Universe

thanks, youve just made my descision making so much harder.

What games do you have for the Dreamcast?

sonic adventure, blue stinger sega gt fighting force 2 and trickstyle

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I've a spare dreamcast and megadrive 2 (with controllers but no power cable/AV) , must have a poke around and see what I can find, from memory I've a few spare Playstations as well.I'll edit this post once I've a chance to double check what I have.I've a spare DSlite knocking about too.
    May get rid of the sega saturn as I've very little collected for it and it doesnt get much use (have exhumed/DukeNukem/Sega Rally and one of the NBA's)
    Oh and I've a spare copy of Combat for the VCS and a few 9pin joysticks too , again I'll do a full list when I get a chance

I'm always on the look out for Mastersystem/Atari stuff(and I'm after a PSP as well but thats probably one for adverts).

I'm always on the look out for Mastersystem/Atari stuff(and I'm after a PSP as well but thats probably one for adverts).

Well i have a rake of master system games that i dont really want

Sonic Chaos, box and cart
    the lucky dime caper starring donald duck, complete
    Sonic 2, box and cart
    Sonc, box and cart
    Goldne axe, box and cart
    Taz Mania, box and cart
    Spiderman, box and cart
    klax, box and cart
    the ninja, box and cart
    Asterix, complete

have the card version of transbot aswell complete, been told thats rare but i dont know

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'll be going through my games over the next week and I have about 2 or 3 PS1 games I have no need for, can't remember what they are but one is MGS disc 1.

I'd swap 'em for anything at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mods, can we link our for sale stuff in here aswell??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Mods, can we link our for sale stuff in here aswell??

Hmmmm.... Going to stick to Trading only here. If you want to start a new thread linking to your adverts.ie post for the purpose of discussion / attracting potential buyers go ahead. (A lot of your target audience probably post here anyway ;) )

LoGiE

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So Jack, what do you want for the Master System games?

• Advertisement

Well im always on the lookout for some megadrive stuff, but what would you be willing to trade?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement