Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭28064212

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I'm aware that Adobe is abandoning mobile development but any website with embedded streaming video is using flash and they are not going to change in a hurry.
    A large proportion of them have already moved to HTML5 (or at least provide it as a fallback)

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Playing New Star Soccer at the moment, finding it very very addictive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Football manager works really well, definitely worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Have they updated the screen sizes yet? Was visually very disappointing on tablet on launch.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Have they updated the screen sizes yet? Was visually very disappointing on tablet on launch.

Works perfect on SG S II. Haven't tried to use it on a tablet.

Recently started using an app called Voxer, its a walkie talkie app that works quite well.
    Check it out. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rebelvox.voxer&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5yZWJlbHZveC52b3hlciJd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Try Unified Remote.

Using this now pretty good but couldnt figure out how to rewind on vlc. The buttons youd normally use slowed or sped up the playback speed.

Skygo is back working on ics

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Wished it worked over wifi but good to know at least its working on ICS.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Is it available on the market? I cannot seem to find it.:o

Just type skygo into the market.

It does work with wifi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I found it on the store through my laptop. When I sent the link to my phone it said that my "device is not compatible with this version". Hopefully it will be updated soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Comrade Zed

probably a bit late to the party....

I installed Gmote yesterday... what a great app - now I can control over 1TB of music/movies from the comfort of my sofa...
    All I need now is an app to get me a cold beer from the fridge and pour it for me. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

It does work with wifi!

on ICS and can't see it in market tried skygo sky go?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is there anything like grooveshark? It's a great site but the android app for it is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

tonc76 wrote: »

Pretty sure it only works with 4 or 5 handsets.
    I have a GN on ICS and it is incompatible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

Does the browser Store say it's incompatible with your phone?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bskyb.skygo

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

Is there anything like grooveshark? It's a great site but the android app for it is crap.

Try Tinyshark it links with your Grooveshark account so you can bring across playlists.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.exigo.tiny&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

+1, Tinyshark is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

It does work with wifi!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bskyb.skygo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Music junk is great for getting songs.
    Better than tunee as you can quickly select a discography etc.
    It's not on the any more but easily found on Google.

Airpush supported so make sure you have a blocker if you are rooted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

subway wrote: »

Thanks incompatible with ICS on G Nex :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

llama is one of those apps that when you install it you wonder why your smartphone wasn't delivered with it by default. It's a location/time based app which changes your phone settings based on where you are or when you are. It's much similar to Tasker, an app which does pretty much the same thing but Llama is free, has more updates and more support from the devs.

Mine is set up to turn on wifi when I'm at home, turn it off when I leave home and turn it back on when I'm at work. It sets the ringer to silent from 11pm except for certain numbers (wife/parents), turns the screen brightness down once the battery life drops beheath 20% and turns bluetooth on when plugged in and charging, turning it off as soon as I unplug.

It's not GPS based (works better in towns) and so uses very little battery life. Well worth the €1 donation if you choose to keep and use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Bought this as soon as it came out... but I get the feeling it's not optimised yet.

Battery gets very very hot after a while with this, and the battery drain is much higher than if I was playing games that are much more demanding (graphically)

Haven't seen much about this tho, anyone else experience it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Saadyst wrote: »
    Bought this as soon as it came out... but I get the feeling it's not optimised yet.

Battery gets very very hot after a while with this, and the battery drain is much higher than if I was playing games that are much more demanding (graphically)

Haven't seen much about this tho, anyone else experience it?

What device? I have it on my SGS II and haven't experienced the battery getting hot. Haven't passed any remarks of battery drain but I'll keep an eye on it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

draffodx wrote: »
    What device? I have it on my SGS II and haven't experienced the battery getting hot. Haven't passed any remarks of battery drain but I'll keep an eye on it tonight.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that - HTC One X

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Heats much more likely to be coming from the 4(5) cores than the Ardueno GPU.

If it were to be programmed without a cap(each phone runs to best of its ability) the X would manage ridiculous rates, but heat the hell up(quad in a phone is a stretch for cooling).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

subway wrote: »
    Music junk is great for getting songs.
    Better than tunee as you can quickly select a discography etc.
    It's not on the any more but easily found on Google.

Airpush supported so make sure you have a blocker if you are rooted

Can't seem to get mine to work, every search comes up with the result 'network error':confused: e

Edit. Working fine, very Very good app!

Second Edit, coming up with 'network error' once again.

Grrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Is there anywhere i can get a list of games that can be played on my phone against other friends eg draw something, scramble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Craigels wrote: »
    Is there anywhere i can get a list of games that can be played on my phone against other friends eg draw something, scramble

http://bit.ly/ysPhi8

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement