Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

For anyone doing any electronics work, I found Electrodroid great. Handy for looking up resistor values and for doing all sorts of calculations. There's even a circuit simulator available as a separate download.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Saadyst wrote: »
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention that - HTC One X

Looks like the battery drain is pretty bad on the SGS II, phone doesn't heat up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

dulpit wrote: »
    Craigels wrote: »
    Is there anywhere i can get a list of games that can be played on my phone against other friends eg draw something, scramble

http://bit.ly/ysPhi8

There was no need to be smart i asked the question here explain a reason to get your thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Does anyone know either a way to have the videos on youtubes watch later playlist one after another, or an alternative to the youtube app that lets you do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Anyone know if there's a way of renaming starred places on google maps? Really annoying having places named simply as "n2", "co meath", "co cavan".

Obvious thing is the option to rename when you star it. Or to long press on it when it's saved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Only way that I know of at the minute is to go to google.com/bookmarks and edit them there.
    Kinda obvious but seemingly overlooked functionality from the maps/navigation app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Only way that I know of at the minute is to go to google.com/bookmarks and edit them there.
    Kinda obvious but seemingly overlooked functionality from the maps/navigation app.

This will do for now, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Super useful page, cheers Damo \aj/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I'm useing a tablet (HTC flyer) and I basically want a way to organise the apps I use most on my front screen something similar to lanuch controll app.launch controll doesn't look right too small.
    Any one have ideas.

Back on topic why isn't this thread sticked?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You could use widgetsoid and make a switcher bar with like 10 apps on it, would only take one "row" but have all the apps you need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

How do I stop apps that are downloaded creating shortcuts onto the home screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Patsy fyre wrote: »

Can you not keep the icon pressed then drag them into the app drawer or else the bin. They should first create an icon in the app drawer so deleting the icon from the main screenshould be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Patsy fyre wrote: »

Go into play store and press menu the settings and untick Auto-add widgets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Anyone suggest a decent gallery type widget?
    I can only seem to find options to display one photo in a frame or a shortcut to my gallery app.
    I'd like an on screen widget that you can navigate gallery's in thumbnail form then open a photo directly

subway wrote: »
    I can only seem to find options to display one photo in a frame or a shortcut to my gallery app.
    I'd like an on screen widget that you can navigate gallery's in thumbnail form then open a photo directly

SE have a nice one if you happen to be using one of their phones.

Unfortunately not, I'll see if ts available on xda etc

Unfortunately not, I'll see if ts available on xda etc

Only works with SE home bro, so no good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lads is there any way to change your phone settings to trick it into letting you get apps which aren't available to Irish users. Sick of seeing apps that 'are not available in your region'. Gay

cheers but I have two devices (tab/phone) neither are rooted :confused:

• Advertisement

Afaik, it's only something you can do With root

Afaik, it's only something you can do With root

Cheers, I'll look into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

manual_man wrote: »
    Lads is there any way to change your phone settings to trick it into letting you get apps which aren't available to Irish users. Sick of seeing apps that 'are not available in your region'. Gay

Alot of the time region restricted apps can be found on xda or just google app.apk also if you don't want to go down the root route

AntiRip wrote: »
    Alot of the time region restricted apps can be found on xda or just google app.apk also if you don't want to go down the root route

Piracy is against the site TOS, so with free apps only part of sideloading this really is toeing the line...

ED E wrote: »
    Piracy is against the site TOS, so with free apps only part of sideloading this really is toeing the line...

Didn't mention anything about piracy so don't know what you're talking about. Actually it's you that brought it up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Quickpic will do this for you.

It doesn't seem to...

Not exactly an android app but the opposite really, an app for your computer for your android apps.

When I updated to ICS and some of my apps wouldn't work anymore due to forced closures I found this. Basically like an emulator. Can come in very handy.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396621,00.asp#disqus_thread

Download
    http://bluestacks.com/?page_id=339

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Can anyone help with an app recommendation? I'm looking for the best extension/app/whatever to integrate all my news, twitter feeds etc. Needs to integrate with Twitter, facebook and multiple RSS feeds. Would like it to work on my Windows PC and Android phone and tablet, with syncing across all three. Should preferably integrate with a central source for RSS feeds, i.e. Google Reader, and also open links, etc within the app, preferably on a preview pane or similar (except phone maybe). Any suggestions?

Currently using the Persona Chrome app on my PC which will take all the feeds I throw at it, but doesn't integrate with Reader, or my other devices. Works great though. Use Pulse on my tablet; looks great but no Reader integration. Use Seesmic on my phone for Twitter/Facebook, but no RSS feeds. Am I asking too much?

• Advertisement

Can anyone help with an app recommendation? I'm looking for the best extension/app/whatever to integrate all my news, twitter feeds etc. Needs to integrate with Twitter, facebook and multiple RSS feeds. Would like it to work on my Windows PC and Android phone and tablet, with syncing across all three. Should preferably integrate with a central source for RSS feeds, i.e. Google Reader, and also open links, etc within the app, preferably on a preview pane or similar (except phone maybe). Any suggestions?

Currently using the Persona Chrome app on my PC which will take all the feeds I throw at it, but doesn't integrate with Reader, or my other devices. Works great though. Use Pulse on my tablet; looks great but no Reader integration. Use Seesmic on my phone for Twitter/Facebook, but no RSS feeds. Am I asking too much?

have you tried feedly?

http://www.feedly.com/home#personalize
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devhd.feedly&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5kZXZoZC5mZWVkbHkiXQ..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement